Sequel: This Ends Now.
Status: Sequel is coming your way soon :D

Forever Hold My Heart

All the decisions.

I started gaining consciousness and I could feel someone touching my leg. I opened my eyes and it was Devin he was taking off the gauze from my leg. I sat up and just looked at him. I felt embarrassed when I realized I was just in my underwear. I looked down at my wound it looked like a scab.
"How long have I been out?" I asked
"You blacked out yesterday." he said calmly
"But I was hit yesterday," I said looking down at my scab
"Welcome to the ways of the Custos," he smiled
"I'm sorry for fighting you the first time I blacked out," I said
"It's all good, it's been awhile since I've had a challenge," Devin smiled up at me as he put a band aid on my scab.
"What was the damage this time?" I asked
"Just stay away from Marcus," Devin said with a raised eyebrow and a smile on his face.
"What happened?" I asked
"You snapped his bow in half" he said
"Oh my god, I feel so bad." I said
"Well one thing is for sure, every time someone pisses you off you then have an episode." he said
"I still don't understand why I have them, I mean this time before I blacked out I was coughing up blood." I said remembering the feeling all too well, "And how come I can't remember my outbursts afterwards."
"Like Mathew said it's your body trying to catch up for lost time." he said
"So If I never took those pills everything would be normal?" I asked
"As normal as you can get but when you're younger you do have attacks but they're nothing like the ones you have. These attacks are just initially the change from Communia to Custos." He said
"Right," I said like I 100% understood what he said. "So what's going to happen today?"
"Mathew wanted to put you with the other guys to start getting you use to the weekly routine, but we decided that we'll keep training you one on one." he said
"Why am I like a threat?" I said and he laughed
"No, It has it's reason but I don't want to tell you," Devin paused. "Actually I'm not allowed to tell you."
"Okay I know this is awkward but where are my pants?"I asked feeling more embarrassed
"Well they have blood and a hole on them so they're in the laundry room, but I can get you something else to wear."
"That would be great," I said with a smile and Devin walked out. I took that as a chance to go under the sheet. It was taking him awhile and oddly enough no one was coming in the room. I just sat there staring at the walls. I wonder what time was it? There were no clocks, I wonder what my mom was doing it'd be great if she moved out here then she could come visit me. Okay maybe not visit me because then she'd see things like an arrow in my leg. I saw Devin walk back in with some clothes.
"Just get dressed no shower for today, and Mathew will be waiting for you in his office." He said. I took the clothes and my shoes from him (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=39954096). I noticed that my shoes had a bit of blood on them from yesterday. I put on my sweats and looked up at Devin he wasn't looking so I changed shirts too. When I was ready I walked over next to Devin.
"I'll take this," he grabbed my shirt, "You just go on to Mathew's office."
As I was walking I took this opportunity to fix my ponytail. When I reached the office I knocked.
"Come in," I heard Mathew, then I walked in. I saw Travis sitting down as well. "Alright Katelyn before I send you off to training I wanted to go over our analysis of you so far."
"Okay," I said taking a seat.
"The day that Devin and Marcus trained you didn't go well at all. We expect more from you, actually everything was just rather pathetic," he said and I think I heard my jaw hit the floor. I knew I couldn't climb the wall but considering the circumstances not once did I say I give up or refuse. "We don't even know where to start with you, and your test scores we won't even go there."
"I didn't even get to finish though," I tried to defend myself
"We know so we had it graded out of how many questions you did answer in the end." Mathew continued. I thought it was easy I feel really dumb now. "Let me ask you this what would you consider to be something you're really good at?"
"Dance, I've been dancing since I was 6 years old." I said.
"Okay," he said writing it down. "Well we have goals we want you to reach. We don't know how long they will take you. But we would like you to meet them none the less. You need to lose weight,"
I think I heard my jaw hit the floor again. I looked at Travis who was looking the other way.
"You guys think I'm fat?" I said, I always thought of myself to be in shape. I always worked out and I would spend countless hours in the dance studio. Now I'm being called fat.
"Well that's another way to put it but yeah." Mathew said and he continued to write things down. "I'm glad we understand each other."
He just smiled and I wasn't sure if I was more mad or offended.
"Come on let's go meet your goals," Travis said and I followed. I subconsciously rubbed my stomach, I didn't think I was fat. What if I was in denial, oh god I think I was going to be sick. We were walking down the hall way. We reached the doors to field #7 and walked out. There were other groups of guys out there, but my mind was too preoccupied.
"Okay I want to see how good your fighting skills are." Travis said and he took his stance. I didn't feel motivated so when he charged at me I was too distracted with my thoughts. He stopped just before he was about to tackle me. "Katelyn?"
"Hmm," I said making eye contact for a split second.
"You have to try." he said and I nodded.
"Sorry just a bit distracted," I said
"show me what you got," he said and he opened his arms. I threw a punch but he stepped back. "Come on get mad."
He threw a punch and he hit my jaw. I punched several times not even close to hitting him, I jumped up and tried to kick him and my foot barely touched his nose. He started throwing punches at me but I was taking steps back allowing me to dodge them. That is until I got distracted.
"Katelyn!" I turned to see Marcus and before I knew it I was on the floor. My hands immediately went to my nose.
"What the hell," I yelled getting up
"You were doing good I didn't expect you to stop." Travis said. I threw a punch and I hit him in the chest.
"I didn't expect you to stop," I mocked
"You shouldn't get distracted," Marcus said standing next to me.
"Well I wouldn't have gotten distracted if you didn't yell my name. What are you going to go tell Mathew that my fat ass gets distracted." I said poking him on the chest.
"Hey I guess we're even. Well technically you broke my bow, my arm." Marcus mumbled. "Go on I'll continue watching you get beat up. It will be enough entertainment for me."
"Why don't you fight me," I said to Marcus
"It would hardly be a fair fight," he said
"Who cares I mean you'd be 'training' me and I'll be 'learning. You'll get to vent for me breaking your baby and I'll get to vent on just you." I finished. He looked at Travis for awhile.
"Okay," Marcus said then he looked at Travis. "Just make sure this doesn't get to out of control."
"Alright," Travis said.
Marcus and I both got into a fighting stance. I charged at him and he stepped to the side and pushed me to the floor. I got back up and I kept trying to punch him but it wasn't working. I tried to kick his shin but he kicked me in the ribs causing me to fall on the floor. A idea popped in my head, I let out a fake cry.
"I think you broke my ribs," I fake cried.
"I'm sorry I really didn't mean to kick you that hard." Marcus said slowly rolling me to my side and he pressed down on my ribs. "Does this hurt?"
"No but this will," I said and I kicked him. He landed on his back he was about to get up but I jumped on him. I leaned down and whispered in his ear. "You shouldn't get distracted."
I got up off of him and as I was walking away I was tripped. I was lying flat on my stomach and I felt him sit on me.
"And you said I was fat," I gasped
"Maybe you shouldn't underestimate me," he said
"Back at you fatty," I said and he got off of me. As he was walking away from me I started running after him and just as I was about to jump on him he kicked my hip. I heard a pop and my eyes widened, as I fell to the floor.
"I'm not falling for that one again." I heard Marcus say. I tried to get up but pain shot through my hip causing me to stay on the floor.
"Travis," I called out.
"Okay, your hip right," Travis said and he kneeled next to me and I nodded. "Yeah I heard it pop, but let me tell you I'm not the one who pops bones back into place."
He got up.
"It's me," Marcus said kneeling down where Travis was.
"No, no, no," I said trying to pull away but I couldn't because of certain restrictions.
"Look, I know we have some beef, but when it comes down to it we are family." He said looking me straight in the eyes.
"Okay I trust-" I was interrupted when he popped my hip back in place. "You son of"
I breathed holding back the last word.
"Now see you're just being a baby," Marcus said and tapped the side of my cheek and he got up and left.
"On of scale of 1 to 10, how angry are you feeling about now?" Travis asked
"What kind of question is that, I just dislocated my hip and you ask me how angry I am. Well I'm about 100 right now!" I said dropping my head in the grass.
"Alright, this is perfect," Travis said and he threw me over his shoulder.
"Hey! What are you doing put me down," I said poking his back. "I'm at 200 now"
"Keep getting more angry," He chuckled I looked around and saw some of the other guys looking.
"I can walk you know," I said and then I whispered. "This is embarrassing put me down."
We walked into the building I just let myself hang there.
"I hope you are happy," I said and I heard him open another door. I was dropped down into a chair. We were in Mathew's office. "Oh great, I know what you're going to say that my bones are too weak and it's probably because I'm fat alright."
I was about to get up but Travis pushed me down by my shoulders.
"Forget about everything I said earlier we only were trying to piss you off," Mathew smiled at me and I raised my eyebrow at him. "We wanted you to get through your attacks sooner."
"So you guys did everything you could to get me mad." I asked
"Pretty much," Mathew said
"Alright so I get my shoes back now," I asked hopeful.
"No that really was because we wanted you to be quick on your feet if the occasion called for it." He said.
"Oh then this meeting is not in my favor," I said leaning my head in the palm of my hand.
"The good thing about this is you get to join a regular schedule with the others. Except this one we went easy on you. Well sleep wise." Mathew said handing me a paper, when I looked there was a schedule.
6:00 am - 7:00 am History
7:01 am - 8:29 am Free
8:30 am - 9:30 am One on one w/ Travis
9:31 am - 9:59 am Free
10:00 am - 11:00 am Custos 101
11:01 am - 12:00 pm Free
12:01 pm - 2:00 pm Team Training
2:01 pm - 3:30 pm Free
3:31 pm - 4:30 pm One on one w/ Madeline
4:31 pm - 4:45 pm Free
4:46 pm - 5:30 pm One on one w/ Travis
5:31 pm - 6:00 pm Sensory enhancement
6:01 pm - 6:45 pm Free
6:46 pm - 8:00 pm Lounge
8:05 pm - 10:00 pm one on one w/ Travis
10:01 pm - 10:30 pm Free
10:31 pm - 11:00 pm Mathews office
11:01 pm - 5:59 am Free

"So I'm going to get about 6 hours of sleep a night?" I asked
"Well you have free time that's when some people slip in a nap. Also whenever its free time you can head on out to the cafeteria. Also every week we will take away 30 minutes from your free time until you will get about 2 hours of sleep." he said
"But I live off of sleep, I'm the most grouchiest person without sleep." I said
"You're a Custos, you don't need that much sleep. We are just trying to help you since you are already use to certain things." Mathew said. I wanted to crumple up the paper and say I quit but I knew things didn't work like that. I had to step up and accept reality.
"When does this start." I asked
"Tomorrow," Mathew said
"So whats the plan for today?" I asked
"You can do whatever you want, actually Devin unlocked the studio we have, it hasn't been used in a while." Mathew said and I just looked at him with a smile.
"Thank you," I said
"You can go now," Mathew said and I looked at Travis.
"Show me the way to the studio," I said we walked out and started on our way. My hip felt sore but in all my excitement I just ignored it. When we reached the studio it had a smell to it, I opened the windows and took the covers off the ballet bars. They all looked brand new, I felt like this was just for me but truth was it was neglected.
"What kind of dance do you do?" Travis asked taking a seat.
"Ballet, jazz, anything I can move to." I said with a smile.
"Well I guess." he said. I looked around for some music, a stereo, a record player, it didn't matter at this point but nothing. I began to stretch.
"How come this room has been abandoned." I asked Travis
"No dance teacher and no one to take it serious," he shrugged.
"How can you not take dance serious?" I asked
"I think the question should be how can you take it serious?" he said and I wanted to slap him
"What you don't think it's challenging?" I asked
"I mean anyone can do if they tried," he said
"Alright then if it's that easy I want you to copy what I do," I said and he got up. I took off my shoes and folded my socks, so I had them half on. "I'll start off easy."
"Might as well just give me a hard one," he said
"By the way nice and graceful; a dancer has to be beautiful not sloppy," I said with a smirk
"Okay bring what you got," he said
I wasn't messing around when I said I'd start him of on easy. I made him do the box square but once he mocked me I moved on to harder things. I made him do a grand jete or in English the splits in the air, which was hurtful to my eyes. I even let him try an A La Seconde into an Illusion. In which we stopped because he ended up on his face. I couldn't stop laughing.
"Okay so I guess dance is hard, but if you could just use moves like that when you're fighting." he said thinking about it.
"Is that all you think about," I said closing the windows.
"No I have other things on my mind," He said getting up.
"So what shall we do next." I asked
"We?" he said
"Oh I just thought that we could hang out or something but it's all good I understand." I said
"I would love to hang out with you it's just I have a lot of things to do. Plus tonight Mathew and the rest of us team leaders have to go 'attend' a royals party." he said.
"Sounds like a whole bunch of fun," I said sarcastically.
"Oh yeah I'm just overwhelmed by all the excitement to come," He joked and we walked out.
"I guess I'll see you whenever then," I said and he just nodded and left.
I walked into my room which was empty. I went into my suitcase and reached for my phone, it was super low on battery, I'm surprised it's made it this long. I tried to send a message but my phone said I had no signal. I reached into my bag for some lotion, it worked for moisturizing and for scars. I applied some on my wrist, it might not work but hey at least I could say I tried. I heard someone walking in the hallway so I was pretending to be organizing my things.
"Didn't expect to see you here," I looked up it was the guy from field #7
"I could say the same thing." I said and he walked over to me
"What are you up to?" he asked
"Honestly nothing," I said getting up and sitting on my bed.
"Shouldn't you be out giving the leaders a hard time?" he chuckled
"No, I get the rest of the day off," I said a little embarrassed, "What's your name?"
"I bet you'd really like to know." He smiled
"Well I mean I've seen you around more than once, so I think I have a right to know." I said looking down at my scar.
"Hey today we kind of get the day off because the Royals are having a party," he said rubbing the back of his neck. "So you should come hang out with us at the lounge."
"Sounds rather boring," I said with a smile. "But I guess I'll consider."
"Oh please you know you have nothing better to do." He said lightly pushing me by the shoulder.
"So are you ever going to tell me your name or are you going to keep changing the subject." I said
"Katelyn I have a surprise for you," I looked and saw Marcus walk in then he looked at the guy next to me. "Hey Blake."
I smiled at Blake, the cat's out the bag.
"Hey Marcus," Blake said with a slight look of irritation.
"Can I have a moment with Katelyn," Marcus said and Blake nodded.
"I hope to see you at the lounge later," Blake said to me and he left.
"Making friends already," Marcus said to me.
"Something like that," I trailed off. "So did you come to tell me I can have my shoes back."
He just looked up.
"No, and don't ask that anymore life isn't about shoes." he said and he handed me a charger and a sim card. I raised an eyebrow and he smiled. "We know you have your phone but it won't work in this world. If you put in this Sim card it'll work in this world but not the other world. Also you can't call the other world with the Sim card."
"Thanks and you're giving me this because?" I asked
"Because we are leaving at 5 this evening and if something were to happen; which is unlikely, then you can contact us. The card already has our numbers on it." He said and I pulled out my phone.
"Alright sounds cool," I said putting my phone on the charger.
"Also one more thing," he said handing me a key.
"I get a car?" I said hopeful and he slumped his shoulders.
"You are impossible," he laughed "It's for the shower room, you need a key to lock it from the inside and we wanted you to be able to take a shower in peace."
"You're the best," I said getting up and hugging him. He awkwardly patted my head. I pulled away, "You're such a dork."
"Okay well I have to go get ready," he said and he left.
The rest of my afternoon was rather plain. I took a shower and ate. Nothing to important to go into details about. When I looked at my phone it was already 5:15pm which meant that Blake was waiting for me in the lounge. As I was walking over to the longue I saw Mathew and the guys coming out of the lounge. I let out a low whistle.
"You guys clean up well," I said and they looked at me I guess they didn't see me. "Don't have too much fun without me."
Mathew sighed and the guys just smiled while shaking their heads.
"Why are you dressed all nice?" Mathew asked.
"This," I said pointing to my outfit, "is normal, like I told you I won best dressed."
"I guess, try to stay out of trouble," Mathew said and the guys walked away. I watched them and then I walked into the lounge it was loud from all the talking. some guys were playing video games others were taking naps. I looked around I didn't see Blake, I was just about to walk out when I heard my name.
"Katelyn! Over here," I snapped my head and I saw Blake waving me over. I walked over there casually. I tried not to make eye contact with some of the other guys there but some things are just inevitable. When I finally reached the couch Blake was on, I took a seat next to him. "For a minute there I thought you weren't going to come."
"I wasn't," I said jokingly
"I'm offended," he said with a smile, "Anyways this is Damien, Eddie, Daniel, Adrian, and Julian."
"She already knows who I am," Julian said sitting on the couch armrest next to me. I didn't really like Julian, he made me feel uncomfortable.
"So you're in our team," Damien asked me. Damien had dark blue eyes, he looked like the serious one of the group.
"Team?" I asked
"Yeah, because we are all in the same room we are a team except for Travis he's a leader." Blake explained.
"Well this is the first time that I hear about it," I said and Damien wouldn't stop giving me that look of disapproval.
"Don't mind him he's just real competitive," Julian said and he put his hand on my shoulder. I felt trapped, was it getting hot in there or what?
"Guys can't you see you're are making her uncomfortable." Daniel said and Damien stopped staring and Julian lightly squeezed my shoulder before letting go. I remembered Daniel was the one that punched Blake telling him they should have taken a shower earlier. Now that I got a good look at him he had soft brown eyes and in other words my hero.
"So what are your strengths?" Damien asked me.
"Oh please let's not discuss this right now," Adrian said. He had light green eyes and he looked like he could use some sleep.
"What's the purpose of the teams," I asked anyone in general
"We are only as strong as our weakest person," Damien said and I knew if I looked at him he would make me shift uncomfortably.
"As a team we usually do everything together. The team in the lead is usually the most respected and whatever team is in first place gets all the good benefits." Blake explained
"How many teams are there?" I asked
"There are 9 teams, and the amount of people per team range from 4 to 7," Blake continued
I was a bit concerned with my next question but might as well get it out of the way.
"What place are you guys in now?" I asked
"First," Damien said immediately.
"You'll get use to him," Eddie said and I nodded. Eddie was like Julian, he wasn't as fit as the others but I could tell he was probably the brains of this operation. He had really dark brown eyes if you glanced you would think they were black but in the light you could tell they were brown.
It got quiet amongst us. I felt like I shouldn't be here.
"Well it was nice meeting you guys," I said pulling my phone out of my pocket. "I'll see you around."
I started to get up but I was pulled back down. I looked it was Blake and Julian.
"How did you get that phone." Blake asked me
"Marcus gave it to me," I said they all looked at each other.
"Okay," I said about to get up again.
"Wait I want to talk to you," Blake said getting up and pulling me along. "Put it back in your pocket."
I did as I was told as I was being rushed out of the lounge. I thought we'd stop once we were outside but we kept going.
"Where are we going?" I asked
"To our room," Blake said. When we got there Blake closed the door behind him. I sat down on my bed and Blake began to look through his things. Then all the other guys walked in and they sat on the bed across from mine.
"What's going on?" I asked feeling a bit worried. I looked at the guys they were all zoned out. I sat there and started thinking what the hell they were thinking about. I took my phone out of my pocket and slowly place it on my bed, it was this that got them like this, so they wouldn't mind if I left. I looked at the door, I don't know what they were planning on doing but I wanted no part of it. I knew if I wanted to be safe I would have to go to the lounge. Damn it. I looked at the guys one last time before I got up. They all snapped out of it and looked at me and that's when I started running. I wish I could tell you how I ran out the door screaming my lungs out and how I at least made it to the fields but that's not even close to what happened. I was barely about to twist the door knob when two strong hands grabbed me and threw me on the bed. I looked it was Damien, I looked over none of the other guys moved they were still zoned out. I got back up and tried to tackle him but he pushed me against the wall holding both my hands over my head with one arm. I tried to scream but he put a hand over my mouth.
"Well that settles that you're not very fast and your offense is crap." He said and I kept trying to fight him off. "You have determination I'll give you that much."
I glared at him and he just stared back.
"Damien is that all really necessary," I heard Blake say now next to us. "He's going to let you go but you have to promise to relax. We only want to talk to you."
I glanced back and forth between the two. Once I relaxed Damien let me go,
"Ass hole," I said to Damien and he just gave me a look. Blake guided me back to my bed.
"Look sorry we gave you a wrong impression but we can't do this without you," Blake said.
"We were planning on going out tonight but we weren't exactly how we were going to go about it. Except now we might have access to a phone that will help us leave for a bit." Eddie continued I was about to say something but Eddie continued. "Just let me finish explaining. All the leaders are out so they would never know we even left and there is no chance of us bonding with a royal because they are all at that party."
I looked at them like they were all stupid.
"Okay, you guys made this big commotion just so you could use my phone." I said feeling irritated.
"Yes but you can't tell anyone that we went out," Adrian said and I smiled.
"Where exactly are you guys going to go?" I asked
"Clubbing," Julian said
"Alright my lips are sealed under one condition," I said and they all looked at each other. "I get to come."
They all stared at each other.
"Fine," Damien said I smiled unlocked my phone and gave it to one of the guys and started going through my clothes. I don't know why I wanted to go but I think this would be my last chance at fun before I would get down some hard core training because from the looks of it I needed a lot of work.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I don't know when I'll get out the next part I have a load of homework to do tomorrow. And on Monday I have practice after school until 6 and then I have to work on a project that is due on tuesday. I know huge procrastinator here XD
Thanks for reading enjoy.