We Can't Wake Up

Don't Cross Me

Matthew glowered at Marcus as they stood facing each other like duelers. Anne clutched tightly at Marcus’ jumper and pressed her face against his back.

“So,” Matthew began in a hard voice, “Anne and Marcus. Enjoying yourselves?” Marcus remained silent, his face blank, cold and hard. “Of course not. Anne, you are probably under some sort of curse aren’t you? There is no way that anyone could ever love this piece of shit.”

Anne’s fingers tightened in Marcus’ jumper and she whispered something inaudible.

Matthew leered at Marcus. “You are so full of yourself Marcus. You think you can take whatever you want and no-one will think anything of it. You are wrong Marcus. You took Maria from me! And I swear that I will get my revenge.” He paused and watched for some kind of reaction. “I know that you killed her Marcus, I can see it on your face. You think you are so superior, that no-one can ever read your emotions. But I have known you for a long time Marcus; I can see what is in your eyes. YOU KILLED HER!”

Matthew whipped out his wand and before Marcus could react Matthew his him with a stunning spell. Marcus flew through the air and fell in a heap. Anne screamed and ran to him. Matthew laughed as Marcus picked himself up.

Anne was at his side for only a moment. Suddenly she fell to the ground, blood pouring out of large gashes. Marcus looked wildly at Matthew who was grinning like a psychopath after a particularly pleasing kill. Marcus shot a spell at him and Matthew dangled from the air thrashing violently.

Marcus turned his attention to Anne whose skin was paling and becoming clammy. He knelt quickly beside her. Their eyes met and she could see the fear burning clearly in his face. He drew his wand across the gashes muttering and they began to heal. He continued until there was nothing left except a few faint scars. He quickly bent and pressed his lips to her forehead. Then he stood.

He walked over to where Matthew was dangling and looked him in the eye. “I thought you knew never to cross me Matthew. You know what the consequences are surely.” he paused as Matthew stopped struggling. “I did not kill Maria. I had no part in her death. I can assure you of that.” Matthew’s eyes closed when Marcus said Maria’s name.

Marcus muttered another spell under his breath and Matthew fell to the ground.

“I would leave now, if I were you.” Marcus said quietly. “And I would never come here again.”

Matthew stood and left without even glancing at Marcus.

Marcus waited until Matthew was well out of sight before turning and walking quickly back to where Anne lay on the ground. He picked her up so that she sat on his lap. Anne rested her head against his shoulder and sighed wearily.

“Marcus,” she whispered. “Thankyou,”

Marcus pursed his lips tightly and looked in the other direction, determined to not look at her.

“I love you Marcus,” Anne whispered, pulling his face around by his chin and looking deep into his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the slight wait. The computer/internet was being stupid blah blah blah.
Comments?
:)