Status: Completed on 2.16.13 with 15 Recommendations, 319 Readers, 75 Subscribers, and 41 Comments.

Just Making Things Harder

“What do you want?”

Days passed without talking to Oli. It was beginning to rub me the wrong way.

I long realized I messed up, and I tried to apologize, but every time I came near him, he either ignored me or got away.

He stopped coming to school two days ago. Either that or he just didn’t feel like it. I didn’t know that staying away from me was that important.

I couldn’t stand having no one to talk to. It was all school, work, and home for me. I didn’t talk to anyone, apart from a few words spared for customers.

After a week, I just couldn’t take it. I was on the verge of going crawling back to Cameron.

No, Kyle. You can’t do that. I told myself.

I had attempted to text Oli a few more times, but eventually just gave up. I wasn’t going to continuously bother him.

That next Monday he was at school again, but ignored me as usual. I didn’t sit with them at lunch, as usual.

I went to work, a little piece of me hoping he’d come in and let me apologize. But he didn’t.

After work, I decided to take a chance.

I struggled to remember his address or how to get there, but eventually stopped my car in front of the house beside his. I didn’t want it to look suspicious.

It was like eight, but that didn’t matter to me. I walked quietly to the door and rang the doorbell, just hoping that his mother didn’t answer.

I sighed in relief when Tom opened the door, looking suspicious for a second and then glaring at me.

“What do you want?” He hissed at me quietly.

“I just want to talk to Oli” I said, looking at my feet.

He was quiet for a second before saying, “He’s not ‘ere” and attempting to close the door.

My head snapped up and I braced my hand on the door. “Please, Tom” I begged.

He looked at me for a minute before sighing.

“He really isn’ ‘ere. But ‘e should be soon” He told me. I nodded and went to sit on the steps.

I heard the door close a few seconds later. I just hoped he wouldn’t be too long.

Image

I had been staring at my feet for about half an hour when I heard a door slam shut. I snapped my head up, looking to the driveway.

He was locking his car and heading towards me, looking down so he hadn’t noticed me yet.

I stood up silently, but he finally noticed my presence and looked up, his eyes immediately narrowing and looking away as he attempted to go around me.

I smoothly got in his way, not wanting him to just bypass me again.

He attempted to go the other way, but I moved over. He paused and sighed angrily.

“Why are yeh ‘ere?” He growled. I flinched at the hostile tone.

“I needed to talk to you,” I said quietly, “And you keep avoiding me.”

He groaned and tried to go around again, but I stay in the way.

“Please” I begged, looking up at him.

He looked off to the side for a moment, then back to my face.

“Yeh have two minutes” He said, settling onto his feet.

I stayed quiet for a second, no exactly sure what to say now that I have the chance.

I could have told him about the post and why I was drinking, but I didn’t think he would actually care.

There wasn’t really anything I could say to make this better.

“You are worth my time” I told him, a little louder than before as I tried to sound sure of myself.

He stared at me judgingly. “Is tha’ it?”

I shook my head roughly. “You aren’t a bother to me. You never were. I know it was my fault that I was drinking and passed out. I didn’t even remember about the date until I saw your note, but you have to understand” I rushed out in one breath. I just hoped he understood.

“Understand wha’, Kyle? That yeh fergot about meh and decided to get pissed instead?” He growled, almost yelling at me.

I stepped back, bracing myself for more, but he stopped at that.

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself before replying.

“It wasn’t just that, Oliver. It was something I saw, something involving Cam and that slut, Olivia. I just wasn’t ready to see that he had just left me in the dust completely. He was my best friend when I didn’t have any other friends. And then you and all the other guys left me, and I’m left with nothing. I don’t have friends, Oli. He was the only one. And it’s not easy to just be okay with him forgetting me for some whore” I said, hardly stopping to breathe. I was crying now, I couldn’t stay calm.

I dropped my eyes to the ground and kept them there until I could dry my eyes. Oli said nothing, he kept completely quiet the entire time. For a second I had thought he had left, and then I felt arms wrap around me and pull me into him.

Without hesitation, I wrapped my arms around his neck, crying into his shoulder. I was leaving tear stains all over it.

When I had finally stopped, he pulled away and just looked at me. “I forgive yeh” He told me, “But yeh still owe me a date.”

I smiled and rolled my eyes. He pulled me back into another hug before letting me go.

“So, I’ll pick yeh up fer school tomorrow?” He told me, and I smiled and nodded. I told him bye before heading out to my car and driving home.

I had Oli back, and maybe that meant I had the guys back too. I sure hoped so.

At home, my mom was there again. She didn’t talk to me at all as I got something to eat and headed to my room. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to her anyway.

I texted Oli that night as I tried to fall asleep. When I finally did, it seemed like just a few minutes before my alarm went off and I was rushing around getting ready again.

There was a knock on my door and I pulled it open, happy to see Oli. He gave me a hug and we headed to his car. Maybe now I won’t be so lonely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here's the long awaited next chapter. I decided to just have them make up.

Oh yeah, I didn't get the comments I wanted, but I needed to update anyway.

So, I started a new story. I'm sorry, but I wanted to. It's a You Me At Six, Josh Franceschi story. If you want, go read it here.

But yeah, comment. After this chapter, I seriously won't update again unless I get like three ._. Because seriously, 46 people read the last chapter and I got one comment. Stop this.