Only You.

Four

As I walked out of the bathroom, I ran into Kayden, he smiled, "Hey Blaire." I smiled back, "Hi." I started walking down the hall and he followed, "So I was wondering," he got in front of me, "Would you want to go out on a date?" I blushed, "U-um sure." He smiled and kissed my cheek, "How about Saturday night around, seven? Sound good?" I nodded, "Yeah." He smiled, "I'll see you then." He walked away, I leaned against my locker, just as Jack walked over, "What do you look so happy for?" I smiled, "I'm going out with Kayden Saturday night." I stood there, trying to recognize the expression Jack had on his face, it was a mix of so many, I can't even begin to describe it. I opened my locker and grabbed my notebook for English and walked to my class with Jack. During class we talked about the original stories that we were supposed to write that involved a struggle we were facing. I wrote mine about a boy who feels like he doesn't belong anywhere and his parents don't want him around, until one day he finds someone to love him. I was asked to explain the meaning of my story, "M-my story is about my struggle to feel like I belong anywhere and my parents saying they want to disown me simply because of the fact that I am gay, and the end shows my hope of someone loving me one day."

I sat back down and soon felt a piece of paper being thrown in my hood, I reached back and grabbed it,

Blaire,
That was amazing :)
I knew you were smart but I didn't know you were such an amazing writer, we can talk more about this on Saturday, right?
~Kayden

I smiled and looked back at Kayden and nodded, he smiled back at me. The bell rang and I walked out to my locker, I grabbed my books and started walking towards the middle school library, I have to tutor a sixth grader. I walked into the library and smiled, "Hi Leah." She smiled, "Hi, guess what Blaire?" I looked at her as I sat down at the table, "What?" She smiled, "I have a big brother now!" I smiled, "That's awesome Leah." She nodded, "He's picking me up today." I nodded, "Cool." I helped her out on her math and english homework, it took us about an hour to get everything done without me telling her the answers. We got up and walked out, I realized that I walked to school this morning and my car wasn't here, I was going to walk home. We walked out the front doors and I sighed, "It's pouring!" Leah laughed, "Maybe my brother will give you a ride home Blaire?" I seen someone running to the school, "Leah? Come on!" Leah smiled, "Kay! Can we give Blaire a ride home?" I smiled slightly, seeing that it was Kayden, "Hey Kayden." He smiled at me, "Hi Blaire. Yeah, we can give him a ride home, just come on. If we aren't home on time, you're mom will kill me." We got in the car and Kayden dropped Leah off at their house so he wouldn't have to worry about getting her home right away. We stopped at my house and walked in, I quickly looked around to make sure no one was home, we walked in and sat in the living room and watched tv, "So, what's up with that football jock Gage being an ass all the time?" I shrugged, "He likes to pick on people he knows he can get away with it."

Kayden hugged me, "Well if I see him so much as even look at you the wrong way, he'll regret it. I gotta go before my dad has a heart attack. Bye Blaire." He kissed my cheek and walked out the door, I looked at the clock and sighed, it was eleven thirty at night, I walked up to my room and went to bed. The next morning I got up and walked down stairs, ate breakfast, got dressed and walked out to my car. I drove to the school and walked in, I seen Jack sitting by his locker alone, I walked over and sat next to him, "So what exactly happened? What'd Kyle do to you now?" He looked down at the ground and explained everything, "Why the hell didn't you tell me before?!" He didn't say anything, "Th-that's terrible!" The bell rang and I walked down the hall to my first hour class which was my creative writing class, I have never had a problem with my teacher, until today. I wrote a story that I guess was somewhat graphic in detail about so many things that were wrong with society and the many people that were supposed to be family could turn and do such horrible things to their loved ones.

After the next bell rang, he stopped me, "Blaire? Can I talk to you about your last story?" I stood in front of his desk, "Yes?" He sighed, "I don't know how to say this, but this story is just..too much. You wrote about people being abused and raped and betrayed, you can't write this in school." I rolled my eyes, "Why can't I? This is a creative writing class and I choose to write about how fucked up society is now!" He looked at me, "Blaire! Do NOT raise your voice to me! I am your authority figure in this class!" I looked at him, "So? I'm not in this class right now! Fuck off!" I ran out the door and leaned against the wall, I skipped next period and sat against the wall, I heard, "Will Blaire Sanders please report to the principles office, now." I sighed and got up before walking in, I knocked on the door, "Come in." I stepped in, "You wanted to see me?" She nodded, "Take a seat." I sat in front of the desk, she sighed, "Blaire, I'm really disappointed in you. We've never gotten a report about you being so...not you. What's going on?" I shook my head, "I can't talk about it." She sighed, "Well I understand you must've been having a bad day, but that is no excuse, you will have detention today after school. Report to the library right after the first bell rings, you will serve one hour after. I hope I never have this problem with you again, you may go."