Status: Hiatus -'til Summer 2013 at the earliest.

Water Valkies

Ch 6

Rip cracked a smile as Sei rose his hands above his head and lost a grip on the water. It burst into tiny droplets and rained down on him, soaking his hair, skin and clothes. Sei scowled in a weak defence.
"Not funny jerk." he glared.
This made Rip laugh, the vibrations coming from deep in his chest and shaking his whole body.
"Is too." he forced out between laughs. Sei pouted and made a rude gesture which didn't deter Rip in the slightest. He found it cute funny when Sei was mad. Mainly because his white blonde hair made him look like an angel innocent and fury was an expression that always sat awkwardly on his face. Rip surveyed the entertaining sight of Sei drenched with water. His dripping hair stuck pathetically to his face, and he shook a hand through it to make it sit in a messy style that Rip thought looked better on him than his usual straight hair. His t-shirt clung desperately to his form and it was easy to distinguish the shape of the muscles that Rip had helped him achieve via fitness training. His skinny jeans had already been hugging the shape of his legs but now they were flecked with spots of a darker shade of gray. Rip gulped when his eyes lingered a second too long on the smooth curve of Sei's behind. He hastily averted his gaze. Lately he'd been doing weird things like this -noticing the shape and form of Sei's newly sculpted arms, his strong but slender legs and his small, soft looking rose coloured lips. He made himself shrug off those incidents and thoughts, as he did with this one, because they unsettled him. He decided to put it down to the fact that Sei was toning up and building muscle surprisingly fast, and he was simply curious to check out the result of his genius training regime. That didn't explain the lips though.

"Focus on the shape you're trying to make," advised Rip, returning to teacher mode.
"Visualise it in your mind, see it forming with the water, then sculpt it with your hands, and when you're ready, freeze."
Sei took in a deep breath and huffed with determination. He screwed up his face and Rip watched proudly as the water began to take shape. When Sei felt happy with it, he brought his hands together in front of his chest with a clap. He smiled triumphantly when the water turned to ice to form a sculpture of a young deer. Sei fist-pumped the air and the statue exploded into shards of broken ice.
"Fuck!" he cursed violently.
Rip chuckled heartily.
"Its okay Sei, you did it that's enough for today."
"Sweet. I'm off to find a towel." and with that he turned and marched inside. Rip turned off the hose with a wave of two fingers and followed suit indoors. He stopped at the fridge to grab a cola and then walked upstairs to his bedroom. He opened the door and tensed slightly when he found Sei there, midway in pulling that wet t-shirt off over his head. Rip eyed Sei's torso, his eyes devouring every delicious part of muscle under skin, and smooth tan. He got lost in a trance-like state for a second. He felt like he needed to reach out and touch Sei's skin. Not just over the muscles, but every bit of skin. He reached his hand out slowly, unthinking. One touch, just this one time....just one. Sei turned towards the bed and picked up a dry shirt. Rip's fingers stroked the air and he dropped his hand to his side.
"I've no clean shirts." Sei explained as he tugged on one of Rip's t-shirts.
"uh... yeah." Rip mumbled as Sei exited the room.

Rip sank onto his bed and sighed.
In his head he chanted repeatedly.
Fitness regime.
Fitness regime.
Fit boy is he.
Fitness regime.
This thing was getting worse. He wasn't giving it a name, it unsettled him to become acquainted with this. But he couldn't help wanting to let it continue. However, there was a very long list of reasons why it shouldn't. Rip settled on gender as number one, with kind-of-brother a close second. Noticing that Sei had forgotten his wet shirt, he retrieved it. He put it in the laundry basket, failing to ignore the fact that it smelled of Sei. He groaned.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 original plan was to make Sei the lovesick one and Rip the oblivious guy who took an obnoxiously long amount of time to put two and two together. However I cannot resist writing this side of Rip <3 he's fast becoming my favourite of the two. Who is your favourite? :)
I'm am very very grateful to my eleven readers and two subscribers. It seems like small numbers but we all have to start small and each one counts and makes me happy :)