Status: I will update as long as I at least get one comment so please please comment!

She Wolf

Slow Dance

"Day, your patrolling tonight with Embry and Jared. At three, Paul, Jacob, and Seth will take over." Sam instructed the six of us.

"Got it boss man." I saluted, "I'm going to go for a run, I'll meet you guys at the bonfire." And with that, I skipped out of the house, through the back yard and into the forest.

Because all the guys were at Sam and Emily's right now, no voices filled my mind as I shifted into my wolf form. I loved being able to shift into a beautiful, graceful, sleek animal such as a wolf. They were such powerful creatures yet so loving with their families. I am proud to be in this pack, it made me positive that I had a purpose in life. To protect my people and my loved ones. I took in all the sights around me as I made a lazy run around the forest. It wasn't raining for once and the birds where out singing their lungs away while the little woodland animals gathered food and stood watch for any threats. Never in my life have I felt as free as I do right now just running through the forest being able to clear my mind. I slowly made my way to my house that I shared with my mother. I stopped just back enough from the tree line that nobody would see me as I shifted back and quickly dressed myself. Making my way across the small distance of the woods to the back door, I made my way into the small three bedroom 2 bathroom house.

"Mama! I'm home!" I called out as I made my way down the small hallway that led from the kitchen and living room to my bedroom.

"How has your day been?" My mother, Tammie, asked, appearing out of no where and standing at my door frame.

"Its been fun! I got to meet the rest of the pack members today and Sam also has me on my first real patrol tonight!" I sighed while blushing and falling back onto my queen sized mattress that was covered with my royal purple with black embroidery comforter.

"Oh yeah I forgot that was today! How did that go?" She asked, taking a seat next to me on my bed.

"It was amazing." I breathed out, a dazed look taking over my face thinking about it.

"Aw do you have a crush on one of your pack members?" Mama giggled.

"Well it was just a crush at first but we imprinted on each other! How great is that Mama? I already found my soul mate?"

"Spill! Who is it? Wait let me guess? Is it that Jacob boy? He seems like he could be your type! Oh or maybe Quil?" She quizzed me.

"Ew no! Those two are like my brothers! I would be so disturbed if I imprinted on one of them! No I imprinted on Embry! Mama you know how much I like him and now that we've imprinted on each other, I'm so freaking happy!" I nearly yelled due to my excitement.

"My baby! I'm so happy for you! You were so upset when he stopped talking to you, I bet you were just dying to jump out of your skin you were so happy!" Tammie gushed with me.

"We're having a bonfire to welcome me to the pack tonight, your going to be there, right?" I asked looking up at her with hopeful eyes.

"I really wish I could baby girl but Sarah called in sick today and they need to me cover her shift. I'm really sorry, I tried to get out of it but Rick wouldn't let me." She apologized, bending down to hug me softly.

"Its alright. You have to come to the next one though, okay? Pinky promise." Pouting, I held my right pinky up to her once she was sitting up again.

"I pinky promise baby girl. Its time for me to head off to work now. What time will you be getting home from patrol?" She asked standing up and walking towards the hall.

"I'll be home at three a.m." I told her, propping myself on my elbows to see her better.

"Okay, I'll leave some left over in the microwave just in case your hungry after wards. Love you baby girl." My mom blew a kiss to me before making her way into the hall and out of the house.

It really upset me that my Mom couldn't go to my welcoming bonfire but I knew we could really use the extra money around the house so I wasn't going to force her into going. Standing up, I walked over to my closet and started skimming through my clothes. After picking out a pair of black skinny jean, a white tank top, and a form fitting red and black plaid button up shirt I made my way over to my dresser. Taking out a matching bra and underwear set, I made my way into the bathroom across the hall from my room. I stripped out of my clothes after I made sure the water temperature was to my liking and stepped into the shower, letting the water cascade down my body, washing off all the dirt. Shortly after washing my hair and body of all the grim that could have been attached, I shut the water off before stepping out from behind the blue and brown curtain. Quickly blow drying my half blond half black hair and got dressed.

Once I was done getting dress I quickly put on a very thin layer of eyeliner before deeming myself ready for the bon fire. I made my way to the kitchen, slipping on my black flip flops and started my walk to the beach. Because La Push wasn't an overly large town, it didn't take long for the beach to come into few, along with a huge group of people. Some were sitting around an already roaring fire even though the sun was still up, others were playing what looked to be a game of football and a couple people were playing around in the water. A smile broke across my face as I realized all these people where here for me. To celebrate me joining the pack and become a La Push warrior. I held myself up with pride as I approached the people standing around the large tables covered in enough food to feed the whole town.

"Dayton! Your finally here! Dig in! I think I made enough that I'll have left overs for breakfast tomorrow!" Emily gushed, running up to me and pulling me into a hug.

"You do know that the rest of the pack is here right?" I asked looking at her confused.

"Okay one can only hope that I have left overs for breakfast." She pouted, looking at the food as everyone started taking what they wanted.

"Emily, if you ever want a break from cooking, I will gladly cook for the guys if you want me to. You do so much for us already its the least that I could do is give you a break every once and a while."

"Oh that would be so nice of you! As much as I love having a full house, I would really enjoy some time alone with Sam. Since the pack has gotten so big, we hardly have alone time because non of them patrol all the time anymore." Emily admitted.

"Well then its settled, I'll make a meal of your choice once a week so you and your man can have some sexy time." I winked at her, causing a blush to show through her russet colored skin.

"I am really am so grateful to have gotten the chance to get to know you, Dayton. You really have one of the kindest hearts." She spoke while pulling me into another hug, to which I gladly returned.

"And I'm grateful to have met you! Besides my mother, your the nicest most caring person I've ever meet."

Emily and I talked for a little bit longer before Sam came and carried her away from me. I grabbed a plate that was sitting on the end of the table before I piled a whole bunch of food onto it and walking off to go take a seat by the fire before I dug into the wonderful food. Upon finishing my third plate of food, I threw my plate into the fire, watching it burn up before I stood and made my way to the edge of the water. Staring out to the horizon, I watched as the sun slowly began to disappear behind the waters in the distance. I looked over my shoulder to see a Leah, the other girl in the pack, sitting away from everyone else, drawing lines into the sand with a stick. I had heard about what had happened between Sam, Emily, and her and I couldn't help but feel my heart reach out for the lonely girl. I had some what been in the position she was in a couple years back. My boyfriend of a year had dumped me for my supposed best friend Rachel. I knew she wouldn't want my pity or sorrys, nobody ever wants fake sympathy, so with a quick thought, I decided I was going to try and befriend her.

I walked up the beach and past all the couples that were gathered around talking, laughing, and cuddling with each other as I made my way towards her. I didn't know how she would react to me trying to talk to her so as I started getting closer to her, I slowed my pace a little as to not scare her. She looked up at me with a hard look before staring back at the ground as I sat down on the sand across from her. I watched her for a couple seconds, trying to find the right words to use before I started,

"Hi Leah, I'm Dayton."

No response.

"You know your really to pretty to be over here by yourself." I tried.

"Um, thanks?" She looked up startled from my complement.

"I'm serious. You should be over enjoying yourself. Come on, its kind of chilly away from the fire even with being a portable heater." I joked, standing up and offering her a hand up.

She looked up at me unsure of what to do before sighing and taking my hand. I smiled as I helped her up and pulled her into a swift hug.

"I'm not going to offer my sorrys or my pity but do know this, if you ever need someone to talk to or just to vent, I'll be ready to listen." I whispered to her before pulling out of the hug.

A shocked look covered her face but soon it was turned into a small smile and a soft thank you. Beaming at her, I grabbed her hand before pulling her towards the fire, a skip in my step the whole way as I talked to her about how she was gonna be one of my new best friends and how we were gonna start having movie nights and girls day out. We continued to talk as we took our spots at the fire with Embry on my right and Leah on my left. Billy Black started off with the stories of the third wife and other legends that the tribe had. I was fascinated the whole time. Of course I grew up hearing these stories but to know that they had actually happened just made them seem to intensify my love for them, knowing I was following in my ancestors foot steps. I scanned the group around us to see many of the pack members looking more then shocked that Leah had joined us and was being civil instead of snapping at everyone. All the girl needed was for someone to be her friend, that's what every girl needed. As Billy started talking about imprints, my eyes shifted over to stare at the boy to my right, a small smile creeped onto my lips as I seen Embry looking at me to, returning my smile.

It was nice to know that I didn't have to worry about finding someone to love me and having to explain my secret to them. I got it the lucky way and was able to imprint on my best friend and fellow shifter. I leaned into his warm side as he put he arm around my shoulders. I laid my head on his chest while he rested his on top of mine. Glancing over at Leah I noticed the grimace on her face. I nudged her with my knee making her look at me. I lifted up my arm as high as I could with Embrys are resting on my shoulder for her to lay under. She sent me a thankful smile before leaning into me much like I leaned into Embry. Turning back to stare at the fire, I thought to myself how glad I was that I decided to go befriend her. She may be a little ruff around the edges but she was gonna make a great friend.

It didn't take long for the bon fire to be over and for my first patrol to begin. I was excited for two reasons; One was that I was finally getting to help in the pack and Two was that I got to patrol with Embry on my first night. After biding Leah a good night and a promise to text her tomorrow when I woke up, Embry, Jared, and myself made our way towards the woods to shift and split up.

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stumbled into the house at three in the morning, exhausted from patrolling for so long and not being used to it. I walked over to where we had our microwave and checked to see what my mom had left me, I was starving! Seeing some chicken and rice I punched in the correct time to heat it up and pushed start before I roamed the kitchen for a glass to have milk with my food. It didn't take long for the microwave to start beeping, telling me my food was ready. I rushed to open it so that it didn't wake up my mom, god knows how much sleep she actually gets with having some sleeping disorder something like sleep appinea or something along those lines. I took my plate and glass to the table and started digging in as soon as I sat down. The food was gone quickly along with my milk, letting out a sigh, I stood up and placed my dishes in the sink before making my way out of the kitchen, through the hall and into my room. As soon as I stripped out of my clothes and into some black with skull fleece shorts and a white tank top, I shut my light off and shut my door before I fell into my bed and drifted off to sleep, thankful that I didn't have school in the morning.

"Dayton! Wake up! You don't want to sleep the day away do you?" A voice whispered next to my ear.

"I think I very much do want to sleep the day away. Dayton very sleepy." I tried to turn away from who ever it was in my bed with me but to only be stopped by arms wrapping around my waist to hold me in place.

"You feel me with hurt Babe, I thought you'd want to hang out with your childhood crush?" This person insisted on bugging me clearly, wait did he say crush? I'm going to kill my mother.

"Awe your blushing. Yep I got to have a nice long talk with Mama Tammie this morning to catch on the what's been going on. She filled me in on a lot of things." Embry chuckled.

"I'm going to kill her." I informed him before moving around enough to hide my face in my fluffy pillow.

"Now now, don't hide your face." He whispered before adding, "Your cute when you blush. It proves you are a girl and can act like one."

I shot up after that sending him a glare, "Oh you know damn well I'm a girl you jerk! Not even a year ago you just barged into my room right as I getting dressed! And you didn't look away either! Your a perv!"

"I want to dance." He stated with a lopsided smile on his face before he jumped off my bed and turned to my ipod deck turning it on and searched through a song before finding one and pushing play.

Offering me he had he helped me out of bed and as the song "Don't You Wanna Stay?" By Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson softly played through out my room. He rested both his hands on my hips as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I'm glad he remember how I always wanted to have a guy that would just randomly slow dance with me, no matter what his friends would say. We started to slowly waltz around my room to the country love song.

"Don't you wanna stay here a little while?
Don't you wanna hold each other tight?
Don't you wanna fall asleep with me tonight?
Don't you wanna stay here a little while?
We can make forever feel this way,
Don't you wanna stay?"

Dancing around my room with Embry was something I always dreamed of after I decided my feelings for him years ago. I had always hinted at what I liked in a guy, always describing what I liked about him without him knowing. Telling him all the romantic gestures I would just die from if a guy would ever use on me. For him to remember what I said about how I want a guy that will just take the time to dance with me meant a lot.

"Lets take it slow I don't want to move to fast.
I don't wanna just make love, I wanna make love last,
When your up this high, its a sad goodbye."

After we had taken social dance together in 10Th grade, I had always wanted to dance after that. I loved being able to connect with someone without having to be talking or kissing. Dance was a whole different language in itself. Loving our first social dance class, I had easily talked Embry into joining social dance two with me so that we could learn more advanced moves of the dance as well as lifts. Trust me, some of the lifts we had learned were so fun. Being held up in Embrys arms, that were strong even before he was a werewolf, felt amazing to me.

As the song was going through its final chorus, I looked up to lock eyes with Embry. My glaze slowly shift from his eyes to his perfect, pink, slightly parted plump lips to his eyes again. We slowly started to lean into each other while we still danced. Everything seemed like it was going in slow motion as I felt his hot breath fall over my face. My eyes fluttered shut and right before the song came to an ending, our lips met in our first kiss. Shocks went through my body as the kiss started off slow and Innocent, just like every first kiss should be. The kiss started to get more passionate as the next song started to play, as if we were trying to kiss along with the beat of the song. I felt myself being pushed backwards and soon I was flat on my back on my bed once more, this time with Embrys warm toned body hovering over mine.

"Baby if your in the mood,
And you can settle for a one night rodeo,
You can be my tan legged Juliet,
I'll red neck Romeo."

"I-I think we need to stop. My mom might hear us." I gasped out tripping over my words as we parted for air.

"Your mom left before I came up here. Said she'd be gone most the day." He breathed out as he started trailing kissed down my jaw and to my callar bone.

"E-e-embry. I'm not ready for that." I moaned out as he nipped at my weak spot on my neck.

"Its fine babe. We don't have to go that far, I'll wait for when ever your ready. You know I won't push you into anything. You on the other hand I'm not to sure." He joked, showing me his lopsided grin as he pulled away from me.

"I am insulted Mr. Call! What have I ever pushed you into?" I gasped, placing my hand on my chest.

"Well there was that time you made me join those dance classes, the time you talked me into sneaking out of my house to take a walk in the woods, which now that I think of it was not smart. Oh and my favorite the time you talked me into lighting off illegal fireworks in my back yard and burning down the shied!" He listed off.

"I must say I don't recall any of that." I said, trying to keep the grin off my face.

"Yeah okay you continued to live off in your little fantasy land Sweetheart."

"I like when you call me that." I blurted out.

My eyes widened once I realized what I said so I buried my face into Embrys chest, who had moved to laying next to me on his side, head propped up by his left arm.

"Hey, what did I say? No hiding your face." Placing a hand underneath my chin and made me stare into his eyes.

"I like calling you Sweetheart. It fits you." He said before leaning in and placed a soft, simple yet sweet short kiss to my lips before he pulled away and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

I sighed in content. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment for me. I was truly the happiest I had ever been in a long time. I had my best friend back who I'm sure was soon to become my boyfriend. I was on cloud nine and nothing was going to change that for me. We laid in my bed for a couple more hours just talking and cuddling with the occasional kiss every now and than before we made our way over to Sam's house. The whole way over he gave me a piggy back ride just like the old days when we'd walk around town. I would occasionally lay a kiss every here and there on his neck only to have him let out a low growl and feel shivers run down his back. It made me feel good to know I had the same effect on him as he had on me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I didn't get any comments on the last one but because I already had this chapter written I wanted to post it. I WILL NOT post another one unless I get at least ONE comment on it. I would really enjoy some feed back on this story and the only way I can get that is if someone comments. I really like that I already have 3 subscribers from the first chapter only being up a day but I would love some comments to so please??

See even Puss in Boots wants you to comment.

Image

And you know you want to comment for more about the very sexy Embry.

Image

With Love,
Randa