Status: Posting

Make It out Alive

One In Five Hundred Thousand to Imagine

"Spencer!" I yelled through the house, not looking away from the little plus sign.

"What is it?" he asked, coming into the bathroom while tying his tie.

"I was just- because I was- and I- Well," I stuttered, finally just showing him the pregnancy test.

"This is the sign for being pregnant, isn't it?" he gulped.

Our eyes met and I nodded slightly. "We're going to have a baby."

"I thought you said it was a one in five hundred thousand chance of you getting pregnant?" he asked.

"I guess you're Mr. One In Five Hundred Thousand," I told him.

"Please don't think I'm not happy to be having a baby with the love of my life and future wife, but this is a lot to take in," he said, running his nails over his scalp. We had only been engaged for about a month now, and still had yet to announce it to the team.

"I know. I'm scared, Spence. What if this is, well, you know, what if the pregnancy doesn't work out?"

He wrapped his arms tight around me. "It'll be alright, Polly."

"I hope so. I have to tell Hotch, soon. I can't be in the field," I sighed.

In reply, he wrapped his long arms around me, and I found solace in his embrace.

******

JJ placed her hands on a bulging belly. "He's kicking a lot today."

"In the third trimester, there are about thirty fetal movements per hour. The baby is exploring movement," Spencer said.

I glanced up from the case file and smiled. I was going to get the statistics and facts too, especially when we finally told the team.

"Have you ever felt a baby kick?" JJ asked him. He shook his head and she put his hand on her stomach.

"Doesn't that freak you out?" he asked, glancing at me for a split second.

"No, does it freak you out?" she asked chuckling.

"Yeah," he confessed. We made eye contact and he blushed.

JJ left the room and was soon replaced by Derek. I went back to the file, but when I looked up, Spencer was gazing half at me, half at JJ through the door. Morgan's eyes went between the three of us.

"You guys ever think about it?"

"Think about what?" Spence and I asked in unison.

"Having little baby geniuses," Derek said with a smirk.

"It's definitely a possibility," I said, brushing hair away from my face with my left hand.

"Aha! I see that ring! You popped the question, lover-boy," Morgan said with a triumphant grin.

"I ask Polly tons of questions a day. Like, why are you so wonderful?"

"Because you help me be a better person."

"Why are you so beautiful?" He asked, a teasing smirk on his face.

"It's because I'm next to you," I said cheesily. Neither of us were going to give Derek the answer he wanted.

"Why do I love you so much?"

"Probably because I love you just as much," I answered, making kissy faces.

"Alright, alright, gross, stop it. If you don't want to tell me, fine," Morgan chuckled, putting his hands up and leaving the room.

"I'm trying to imagine you in JJ's place, not in the field-"

"You mean hugely pregnant?" I asked, placing a hand on my stomach. "Better get used to it quick, the first trimester is almost over."

"I can't wait to meet our baby," he said, smiling, but at the same time biting his lip.

"Are we going to tell the rest of the team soon? About the baby and the engagement?" I asked him.

"We'll tell them on the plane, depending on how this case goes," Spencer assured me. I nodded in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I'm sorry, okay.
This was a little much really fast.
And I'm sorry.
Like I've said previously, though, we are literally hurtling face first towards the end of this. Which really kills me inside.

What do you think of the bun in the oven?