Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Doped up and confused.

I slept amazing. Though, I woke up sad. I wished I had woke up next to Nathan. Instead, I settled for him waiting outside my fence to walk together.

"Did they say anything about me?" He questioned, staring at the floor as we walked.

"Nervous?" I teased, at which he let out a deep chuckle.

"Maybe," he admitted. He shifted his eyes to mine and I looked away.

"They seem to like you," I confess. "However, they're still skeptical."

"Understandable," he agreed. His hand sliding into mine, creating a grin to form on my face. "We should definitely go out sometime."

"Okay," I whisper. I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. I clutched onto his arm and leaning the side of my face against him as we walked. We reached the school and Pete hollered for Nathan. "Go."

"I don't know if I want too," he muttered. We stared each other in the eyes and both of us smiled at the same time; causing us both to laugh. "Okay, fine."

"See you later," I called. He rushed back, kissed my cheek and then ran to Pete.

"Monique!" Gabriella sang, a cheery grin on her face. John walked by, adjusting his pants and joined the Populars. I rose a brow, at him then shifted my attention to her.

"Should I ask?" I inquired, looking back at John.

"Best not too," she giggled. I playfully rolled my eyes and the two of us walked to our spot.

"So, how's Sam?" I ask.

"She's alright." Gabriella shrugged, staring at the sky. Connect came over and collapsed on the floor with us.

"Take a bump of this," he suggested, holding out a key with some white powder on it.

"It being?" Gabriella questioned, at which I simply quirked a brow.

"Just do it!" He insisted, a big grin on his face. I shrugged and sniffed it. Gabriella did the same and he took a bump himself. All three of us just chilling, when the drip kicked in.

"Wow," i gagged.

"Hey," he chuckled. "No complaining."

"Not complaining, it's lovely." I smile. Connect had us take another bump, and soon we all were laughing. After a few more bumps, I felt out of tune with reality. Confused at how to feel, and wobbled to class with Gabriella.

"See you, lay-taaaah." Gabriella shrieked with laughter, hurrying off. When I got to mine I just plopped down. I leaned forward, running my hands through my hair, and slightly shook my head. Wanting to run, I want to do something. My hand tapped the table in anticipation as our teacher went to the front and spoke.

"Are you okay?" I glanced over to see Logan, a grin on his face. I never noticed that I had a class with him before. I simply nodded and darted my head in the direction of our teacher, a little overly done if you ask me. My leg bobbed up and down; restlessly.

"Are we done yet?!" I holler and then the bell rang. My teacher looked at me bewildered and everyone stared with their mouth open. I grabbed my stuff and literally ran out of the room. I stopped walking so fast and looked around frantically. My thoughts racing.

"Hey," Nathan greeted, slipping an arm around me. I jumped and pushed him away, until I realized it was him. With a smile, I wrapped my arms around him.

"Sorry," I apologized, kissing him. Everyone that was around stopped and stared. Nathan kissed back, then looked me in the eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a chuckle, his brows raising. I bit my bottom lip with a nod. "Your pupils look a little big?"

"Oh?" I gasped, then laughed. "Don't worry."

"I guess," he sighed. We both walked to my next class, where he kissed me and walked off. That class pretty much was like the first, and when lunch came around. Connect quickly found me and jumped up multiple times.

"Did you like it?!" He screamed, raising his hands in the air.

"It's intense and still going," I gasp.

"I mixed a few shit," he proudly spoke, tilting his head back and moving it side to side while doing so. "It's the shit."

"Yeah," Gabriella commented. She laid on the floor and stared at the sky, not bothering to get anything to eat. I, myself, wasn't hungry. Instead I was interested in the wavy-ness of everything around me. Connect pulled the baggy out and we all did another bump.

"Uh oh," Connect gasped. I perked up and looked around for any security or teachers, luckily none. Instead it was Nathan. I groaned and laid back down, staring at the sky.

"Hey, did you want to get something to eat?" Nathan offered, glancing at Connect then back to me. I shifted my eyes to his, shook my head then stared back at the sky. I could see him from the corner of my eyes look at Gabriella then back at me. "Are you guys on something?"

"Don't worry about it," Gabriella laughed. I closed my eyes and embraced that felt like the earth moving from under me. Then I reopened them and saw Nathan staring at me.

"I want to join," he abruptly commented. Connect grinned and looked at Nathan, before he could say something; I cut in.

"Go away, Nathan. You don't want any of this," I hissed.

"He has his own rights," Connect scolded. He was doing it to piss me off, both of them were. I stood up, grabbed Nathan's arm and yanked him away.

"Damn it," I cursed. I stared Nathan in the eyes and let out a deep breath. My anger getting the best of me and I felt no control over it. "When I say you're not doing them with me, then I fucking mean it Nathan. Quit, okay? You don't want too. Just don't fucking test me."

"I'm not testing you," he calmly replied. "I want to do it."

"Well you aren't," I spat.

"Who says?" He was finally get upset and glared at me.

"I did," I firmly answered.

"Hypocrite," he scoffed. "I'm going to go talk to that guy."

"Stop!" I screamed, tugging on my hair. "Just fucking stop and shut the hell up! Don't make me quit talking to you, Nathan. I beg you to please just don't."

"What's so wrong, Monique? You do it," he said, staring into my eyes. Tears fell down my cheeks and I quickly wiped them away.

"Just because I do it, doesn't mean it isn't wrong," I cried out.

"It accounts for something," he confessed.

"Just because I do something, doesn't mean you should. Why are you so interested anyways?" I asked, furrowing my brows and sniffed in deeply. "Why do you want to do it so fucking bad?"

"Why do you do it?" He growled, stepping forward. I took a step back as he continued to walk towards me. "Why the fuck are you doing it? You have powder on your nose."

"Stop." I placed my right hand on my cheek that's right next to my nose, and did the same with the left side. While pulling my cheeks away from each other, I sniffed in clearing my sinuses. I wiped inside my nose then wiped it on the side of my pants. "Just go away."

"You really want me to just go away, Monique? Is that really what you want?" He questioned, his brows furrowed and a hurt expression on his face. "You're sick."

"I know," I quietly agree. "Why do you think I didn't want you near me?!"

"I wish I would have fucking listened! You have treated me so fucking weird today, I..." he stopped talking and stared at me. "Never mind." That's when he turned and stalked off. I leaned against the wall and breathed out.

"Monique?" Gabriella approached.

"I'm..." I whisper. "Hyperventilating."

"No, stop." She quickly grabbed me and we went to an area more secluded. Just then I fell onto the floor and almost started coughing from all the breathing. Tears fell down my cheeks, my nose squished up, my lips pulled apart and I screamed.

"Damn it!" I cursed loudly, slamming my hands on the grass.

"It's the drugs, Monique. Calm down, it's nothing serious. Trust," Gabriella cooed, rubbing my back. I slowly calmed down by her words and focused on the main part, it's the drugs.

"Yeah, yeah." I repeatedly nodded. "The drugs."

"Yeah," she agreed, a small smile on her lips. "Now come on, let's go join Connect."

"Okay," I whispered, standing up. We both walked over to him and I saw Nathan walk off. I furrowed my brows, gulped and repeated in my head it's the drugs and took a seat.

"Are you okay now?" Connect chuckled.

"What was Nathan doing here?" I calmly ask.

"Wanted to know what we were doing." He shrugged. "I told him none of his business."

"That's all?" I question, at which he shrugged again. I narrowed my eyes when Gabriella looked at me.

"It's the drugs," she mouthed. I nodded and closed my eyes, concentrating on just breathing. The bell rang, startling me and slowly I stood.

"See you guys later," I grumbled walking off. So many angry thoughts ran though my mind about how dumb Nathan is, and why he would even care to do what I do. It's annoying when someone who has a good future ahead of them, tries to get into the lifestyle I live. Like, why fuck it up? Just listen to me!

...

Even sixth period wasn't enjoyable for me. I had to sit behind Nathan, stare at the back of his head in anger. He seemed unfazed, almost happy. Why would he be so happy? Did he not care about me? He went into his back pack and grabbed his folder, then grabbed a pen then quickly shut the small pocket. My senses seemed heightened, I swear he was hiding something.

"Monique?" Mr D questioned, everyone stared at me.

"Yeah?" I call back.

"Did you need to go to the nurse?" He replied, looking me over. It was at that moment that I realized I was just standing for no apparent reason. I looked around and wondered why the hell I even stood in the first place.

"No," I dryly answer.

"Then do you mind sitting down and not just standing in my class, it's distracting. Not to mention weird," he demanded. I slowly nodded and quickly sat down. Everyone giggled and turned their attention back to Mr D, whom at this time was giving me a confused look.

"Are you sure, you're okay?" I jumped at the abrupt voice again, seeing Logan.

"Leave me alone," I hissed.

"Sorry toots, if I seem to be worried." He winked, then turned his attention to Mr D. Nathan tensed up at the way Logan had talked to me, but slowly slouched again and seemed unfazed.

"No homework tonight, enjoy your weekend and please be careful," Mr D said right before the bell rang. I collected my things and this time was one of the first people out of class. Nathan was a few inches ahead of me, so once we were on the dirt lot, neither of us saying anything. I snatched his backpack and unzipped the small pocket.

"Give that back!" He screamed, glaring at me. I pulled out the little baggy and tossed his bag on the floor.

"Really?" I hurtfully asked. I grabbed his bag, tossed it in there and shoved it at him. "If you really want to fuck your life up, if you really want to just not fucking care then fine. Do it. I don't give a fuck. As I see it, you are now not my problem anymore."

"Monique," he quietly called. But I ignored him, all I heard was the crunching of the sand under my shoes as I walked. The wind lightly blew against me, and it felt good. I took in a deep breath of the crispy air and let out hot air.

"Beautiful," I whispered. Then I realized that I didn't see Gabriella after school, I just left to attack Nathan's backpack. She'll understand tomorrow, not like she hasn't disappeared on me before. I continued walking when I heard Nathan behind me. So I decided to run, taking the long way home.

"There you are!" I heard and saw Connect standing in front of my house.

"What?" I grumbled, irritated at him for giving Nathan drugs.

"Party, tonight. Come with?" He offered.

"Your house?" I ask, and he howled with laughter.

"You'd really think my mom would lemme?" His laughter calmed down into chuckles. "No, Pete's house actually. You should come."

"Are we even invited?" I snicker.

"Yes, everyone is. Unless you're a complete party pooper, nerd thing. We'll roll too, if you're down?" He suggested. I took in a deep breath, glanced at my house then returned my attention to him.

"Let me tell my mom that I'm staying the night at David's," I sigh. I opened the door and smiled widely. "Mom!"

"Yes, dear?" She replied, glancing up from her magazine.

"I'm going to stay the night at a friends," I informed, hurrying to my room. I placed my back pack down then brushed my hair and applied brown eyeshadow. I returned to the room and smiled at her.

"Whose house?" She questioned, looking me over.

"Probably Gabriella's, or I might see if David will mind." I shrug.

"So, you're going out without a plan?" She furrowed her brows. "I don't think so."

"Well, the plan is Gabriella's. But if David wants me to stay the night, then I wont decline the opportunity," I explain.

"What ever," she groaned, returning her attention to the magazine. "So help me, Monique. You better not be fucking any guys."

"I wont!" I holler back and escaped. I rushed over to Connect with a nod. "Done."

"Good." He grinned and we both walked to Gabriella's. I knocked on the door and Connect stayed down the street, Gabriella's step dad hates him.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Monique," Gabriella's step dad dryly stated the obvious.

"Is Gaby home?" I ask, peeking behind him.

"Yeah," he scoffed. "Gabriella!"

"Yeah?!" She screamed back, rushing down the stairs. "Monique?"

"Can you stay the night at my house?" I sweetly smiled.

"Sure!" She gasped, then turned to her step dad before hurrying off and calling after her mom. Moments later she came over with a grin, waved to him and followed me. We both walked down the street and met up with Connect. Suddenly I saw Logan.

"What's he doing here?" I groan.

"He's the reason we're going," Connect said. I shifted my eyes to his and narrowed them.

"Don't try any funny business," I say then darted my eyes to Logan's. "Understand?"

"Yeah," he sneered. "I understand." A smirk full of perversion on his face.

"I don't like the idea of this," Gabriella whispered her worry.

"Yeah," I agreed. Both of us walked behind Connect and Logan, whom had their own little chatter. Connect wouldn't let anything happen to me, that I know is true. Unless he's changing? We all approached the house that it's going down, by this time the sun was going down and a few people were already there. I had a bad feeling about tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN!!!! lol :] I mean, the main character is a supposed druggie. How can I claim her to be such if she never does drugs in the story? Anyways! Here's the shout out list!!! Thank you so much to these people that took the time to comment on the story. It means a lot to me, truly it does. :]

Danger Star
I EAT YOU
Watermelonerds

Thank you again. Also thank you to the 9 subscribers that I have. And to anyone that even reads the story!!! :D Comments are loved <3