Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Possibly keep the fling?

Literally the best sleep of my life was in David's bed. I rolled over, my arm going around him as I slowly opened my eyes. I realized we were both naked and oddly smiled because of it. His eyes opened and a smile was on his face as well.

"Good morning," he greeted, leaning over to kiss my forehead.

"Morning," I reply. His mom hollered out for breakfast and both of us shot up. I grabbed pajamas, as did he and soon we both raced down stairs.

"How'd you sleep?" She asked, his father already at work.

"Would have been better if she would've stopped kicking me," David grunted, going back to his usual self. I rolled my eyes and picked at the eggs.

"David," she scolded then turned to me with a weak smile.

"Not my fault he likes to hog up the bed," I commented.

"Well why didn't one of you sleep on the couch?" She inquired, casually sipping on her coffee.

"He wouldn't," I immediately answered.

"It's my bed," he added. I glared in his direction and we both rolled our eyes.

"I swear, David. You're such a jerk sometimes," I hiss.

"Fine tonight I'll sleep on the couch, tomorrow night you do the same," he negotiated.

"Fine," I agreed.

"Now wait a minute," his mom blurted out. "I think it's sweet you both can share a bed."

"We've already negotiated mother," he retorted, cutting off her excitement.

"I'll take the couch out," she threatened. Both of us stared at her with our brows furrowed.

"You know mom, the reason we probably hate each other, is because you always push us to be together," he spat then stood. He placed his napkin on the table and stalked out. I sat there with my brows furrowed in amazement.

"Is that true?" She questioned, glancing to me. Immediately I shoved some scrambled eggs in my mouth and looked away. She narrowed her eyes then sharply exhaled. "I just know you two make a good match."

"Mhmm," I grumbled, taking a drink of orange juice to wash the food down.

"That's all," she whispered, then stood and cleared the table; even my plate. I helped her clean the dishes off and put them in the dishwasher before walking off. I went to David's room and quietly opened the door.

"Hey," I greet, a small smile on my face.

"Hey," he retorted, laying on his bed with cell phone in hand.

"What's on the agenda today?" I ask, trying to remain happy.

"Ask my mom," he hissed with a shrug. I closed the door behind me and entered his room.

"Quit acting like it's all her fault," I demand, folding my arms across my chest.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, an offended demeanor and all.

"You act like she's the only reason we don't get along," I explain.
"When it's not just her or my mom."

"Oh then what is it, Monique?" Sarcasm. Great.

"Your attitude," I answer. "You only live for yourself it seems."

"Oh really?" He chuckled, sitting up now.
"Tell me more about my attitude."

"No," I decline. I went to my bag and grabbed some dark blue skinny jeans. I glanced out the window to see a clear sky, so I snatched my black around the neck halter top and headed towards the bathroom.

"I didn't hear you complaining last night!" He hollered, I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Don't make last night a regret to me," I calmly hiss. His brows furrowed as he watched me continue into the bathroom and shut the door. I changed and came back inside the room, grabbing some socks and shoes.

"Where are you going?" He sighed, dressed in black jeans that are fit with a hole at the knee, and a black tank top. I glanced at the hickey, then turned my attention to his face.

"Out," I simply answer.

"Where?" He repeated.

"See if Gaby's home," I shrug.

"I'm going with you," he randomly decided. I quirked a brow and stared at him oddly.

"And why would you want to come with me?" I question, looking him over again.

"Bored, plus my mom wouldn't let me live it down," he answered. I watched him put his shoes on, then grabbed a beanie. I rolled my eyes and brushed my hair, applied a little eyeliner and slipped on my Vans.

"Alright, let's go." I opened the door and he followed me out.

"Where are you two going?" His mom asked, mainly looking at me since David talked to her the way he did earlier.

"Hang out," I answer. A small smile appeared on her face as she shifted her attention to David, until she saw the hickey.

"Tell that Chelsea girl if she ever leaves another fucking hickey-" his mom cursed and didn't even finish the sentence.

"Actually," David started so I cut in.

"I'll personally tell her for you, Amy. You know how she loves me," I giggle. His mom just laughed with a nod and the two of us left. I heard the jingling of David's keys and turned around.

"What?" He inquired with a smirk.

"If you are coming with me, we are walking," I demand. The laziness of the human race never ceased to amaze me.

"Walking?" He repeated with a grim expression.
"How about I follow in my truck?"

"How about no?" Again, never ceased to amaze me.

"Fine," he gave in. Tucking his keys into his pocket and strolled alongside of me. We walked in silence for a while until he cleared his throat. "I have a question."

"And that would be?" I reply.

"Last night," he started then smiled at me.
"Was that a one time thing or can it be more?"

"Ugh," I mumbled. David was asking me this? I stopped walking and stared into his blue marble looking eyes. "I... I don't know."

"I would like it to be," he caught me off guard with that and so I stared at the floor.

"But you hate me?" I remind him, shifting my eyes to his.

"Not all of you," he teased with a wink.

"Ugh," I groaned and pushed past him. Typical male.

"No, Monique. Wait," he called and grabbed my arm.
"It's not like that."

"Sure sounded like it," I hiss.

"Don't tell anyone," he made me promise. "But, I had you be my first for a reason."

"You're first?" I snort. "Okay, now you're going too far with this."

"Seriously!" He yelled. "I'm not a man whore or whatever it is you fucking think about me, damn it. You were my first and only."

"And you want to continue this with just me why?" I quirk a brow.

"Because I was your first. Not many can say that," he said. It was shocking with how serious David was being, especially dare I say it; sincere.

"Maybe," I muttered. He started laughing as we continued to walk, which annoyed me.
"What?"

"I just find it funny that the saying is true, women do have all the control," he chuckled. His hands went into his pocket as he delicately strutted along side of me. Being the typical David that every girl fawns over.

"I find it funny that the saying is true, guys do get desperate," I harshly reply.

"Hey, why the bitchy remark?" he hissed, no longer finding enjoyment in this.

"Because I don't want to be used as some play thing to you, of all people," I cried out. His facial expression softened and he stared at me with sweet eyes.

"You are more than that to me," he assured.
"I just wouldn't ever admit it to you, of all people."

"Ugh," I groaned, running a hand through my hair.
"I don't want the drama of it."

"Of it?" He repeated, that smirk reappearing on his face.

"It," I clarify, gesturing to him and I.

"As far as I see it, Monique. We already have drama," he reminded and started to walk ahead of me. I followed with my brows furrowed. Did David just say that? I continued my pace behind him, staring at the back of his beanie. Did David just make a valid point?

"Wait!" I hollered, rushing beside him.

"Yes?" He asked, resting his head on his shoulder as he looked at me.

"If we do something like this, it wont change anything between us, will it?" I calmly question.

"Why? Enjoy the bickering we have going on?" He teased, squishing his nose up with a smile on his face.

"It relieves stress, plus it's all I know with you," I answer. Did that even sound right? Or did I sound cruel for asking this? I mean, if we started changing then we'd never hear the end of it with our parents.

"Are you sure it's not because of our mothers?" He inquired. Damn him. I weakly smiled, then looked away. "Or is it because it turns you on?" Damn him again.

"Look, I just don't want to get all lovey dovey and shit, then something happen. 'Cause I'm not into that whole stuff," I mutter, walking faster than him now. I could hear his deep chuckles behind me and it was irritating. "Never mind then."

"No, no. I understand," he cooed, rushing beside me. "So none of this?" He grabbed my hand and smiled at me. "Or this?" He grabbed me, and started making out. His arms wrapped around my lower back, holding me into him. I put my hands on his chest and tried pushing him away but gave up. As soon as I kissed him back, that's when he released me. "Thought so."

"Shut up," I growled and walked off ahead of him again.

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave," he mused. I flipped him the bird and continued walking. "Have this feisty-ness tonight in bed."

"Shut up!" I demanded, then started laughing. He caught up to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"Oh baby," he chuckled, kissing my neck. I pushed him away and we continued our journey side by side.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Chapter 20! What did you guys think? Shout outs are now!!!!!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE LIST OF HONOREE READERS THAT HAVE LEFT LOVE FOR A MOI TO READ !!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! Please give a round of applause too...

Boston's Girl
lol I'm glad you love the story, and yes I've brought David back :p he never went any where hahaha he's just going to be a weekend character. lol. I would NEVER get rid of David, he happens to be one of my favorites <3 not to be biased considering I am the writer. However yes hahaha thank you for commenting and being concerned about him. :p

Michelle82
Awww I'm glad you love the story!!! :D And thank you for commenting, as I've been saying a lot, however it does mean a lot to me that you took the time to comment on this story. <3 Hope it doesn't get boring <3

Rotten in Vogue
Aww thank you so much! Sorry that it took days to finish up to this point, but I appreciate receiving a comment about it. It surely means a lot to me, trust. <3 Also thank you for the compliment about my in depth characters. I am really trying to make each of them remember-able, and having their own little background history that might be relate-able to most. Thank you again! <3

Erin.Grace.
I added Aiden to the characters list. :D and yes a school with uniforms hahaha but trust, the other characters will NOT be forgotten. lol. And did you know that Daniel was a runner up for David's name? Then I chose David because I felt it went better with Porter, as David Porter than Daniel Porter. lol. so no worries. :} Thank you so much for commenting!!!

Danger Star
You are my first commenter, and thus hold a special place in my heart. Not only because of that, because I remember just posting the first chapter I believe and all of a sudden I got a comment. NEVER have I EVER gotten feedback THAT quick. So it means a lot to me. :] I appreciate it so much, and the fact you comment still. Hell even if you quit commenting, you already mean a lot to me and play a big part for this story. Thank you so much <3 ps glad you like Connect, I actually based him offf of someone I know in person hahaha

Watermelonnerd
Thank you for commenting that you've subscribed as well. lol. :) It actually meant a lot hahaha just to know someone took the time to go out of their way to comment "Subscribe <3" is such an awesome feeling to me. I'm so glad you like the story enough to subcribe to it. Thank you <3

Insane Forever
hahaha I don't mind if you comment every chapter. Let it out girl! lol I love reading feedback, and NEVER apologize for the "stupiness of not knowing how to spell" hahaha that's cute. (: really though thank you for reading, and commenting how you feel. Haven't seen a comment in a while, hope you still like the story. <3

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR COMMENTING!!! Also, I am curious, who is your favorite character in the story? Male or female? And why? :] Thank you again!