Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Conversing with the enemy.

Nothing eventful happened til after school. When Connect came up to me with a grin.

"The money?" He asked, looking at me expectantly. It wasn't until I felt for the pills that I had realized they were gone. He studied my expression as my mouth opened a little and my eyes widened.

"I don't know what happened," I whispered. My eyes shifted to Connects and I bit my bottom lip. Suddenly he laughed then reached down my shirt, going into my bra where he searched around. "Stop!" I laughed.

"Shh," he hushed, then pulled his hand out with a twenty dollar bill.

"How the fuck did that get there?" I gasped, staring at the money with amazement. Then I continued to search my bra for anymore magical money to appear.

"Logan," he answered. "He's very swift."

"Apparently," I mumbled. I do recall him reaching down my shirt, that pervert.
"What's his story?"

"Why, you interested?" He replied, a sly grin on his face.

"Ha, ha, ha. No, I just want to know," I sarcastically retorted.

"Not sure, honestly. I wasn't the one that found him, he found one of my boys and that's how that happened." He shrugged, putting the money in his very nice wallet that has tons of other bills.

"Why are you having him do business with me? Haven't you heard of his rep?" I asked, feeling like Connect was slowly uncaring about my well being.

"What do you mean, his rep?" He inquired, intensely staring at me.

"I heard he's raped a girl, and he's in general bad." I frowned.

"For you to say he's bad then I will look into it," he assured. I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't too happy about the situation.

"Thanks," I mumbled. I didn't want Logan around me if he is what the rumors say. I know first hand how rumors can be just that, however I don't want to risk it. Especially with how rough Logan was with me, you never know.

"No problem." He gave me a big hug, then rocked me side to side before kissing my forehead and walked off. I went my own way and met up with Nathan. Gabriella obviously wanted time to herself because I didn't even see her.

"Where did you disappear too?" Nathan questioned as we walked together.

"I should ask you the same," I reply. Both of us stared at each other.

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

"I didn't even see you at lunch," I sigh. Keeping my hands in my jacket pocket from the cold. It was starting to rain a little harder, and I swear it dropped in degrees within these last few seconds of walking.

"Sorry," he apologized. I simply shrugged.

"I don't mind being alone," I assure. "I was just looking forward to seeing you."

"Monique!" Someone called me, and I recognized the voice to be David's.

"Yeah?" I turned around, a slight frown appearing on my face.

"Your mom wants you at my house. Because of the weather," he informed. It was funny how David ignored Nathan and just stared at me. I glanced at Nathan then shifted my attention to David.

"I'm fine," I decline. Nathan grinned at the fact that I chose him over David, however David wasn't happy at all.

"You shouldn't disobey your mom. My mom really wants you at my house," David scolded.

"Fine." I gave Nathan a hug, but he refused to let me go.

"She's fine with me, David. Tell your mom it's appreciated," Nathan sternly told David. I laughed and tried to push Nathan away but he still wouldn't release me.

"Come on, Mo." David ignored Nathan and started walking to his truck.

"Under one circumstance!" I screamed after David.

"What?!" David yelled back, annoyed.

"Take Nathan home?" I suggested, then smiled at Nathan.

"No," David dryly rejected. "You are coming to my house, and he can walk."

"Then, I'm walking with him." I crossed my arms over my chest, because Nathan finally released me.

"Ugh, fine." David glared at Nathan then continued walking to his truck. I grabbed Nathan's hand then followed David. David unlocked the doors and got inside. Nathan grabbed the door for me, then got in the back. I sat in the passenger seat with a smile on my face.

"Thanks," Nathan surprisingly thanked David.

"Yeah," David muttered starting the truck and waited for the heater to blow out hot air before driving off. The ride was silent, aside from the wind shield wipers moving side to side, and the drops of rain hitting against the car. We pulled up to Nathan's house, and he leaned over from the back seat to kiss my cheek. I smiled and watched him get out, then head to his house.

"What do you see in him?" David immediately growled as he drove away.

"What do you mean?" I replied, chewing the inside my lip and stared out the window.

"Nathan, what do you see in him?" David simply repeated himself.

"He's nice, sweet, and don't worry about it. Do you even care?" I ask.

"I wouldn't ask if I didn't," he spat. My head darted in his direction with my brows furrowed.

"That's a first," I mutter. David shifted his eyes to mine then returned them to the road.

"My mom wants me to look after you," he excused. I could tell it was a lie, because even if she did he wouldn't really do it.

"I see." I returned my attention to the outside, and let out a deep breath. Thankfully the truck was warm, and not cold like outside.

"Why were you alone today at lunch?" David asked yet another question.

"Hmm?" I mumbled, shifting my attention to him. David just rolled his eyes, so I took in a deep breath.

"Because Gabriella was doing her own thang," I answer.

"And why wasn't Nathan with you?" I didn't know if David was trying to make a point, or just piss me off.

"Not sure," I sigh. "What does it matter? I like being alone."

"Because Monique, you need to see things for what they are. I mean honestly if you were my girl, I'd be with you at lunch so you weren't alone. Seriously," he confessed. That brought me back to what my mom said, and so I braced myself.

"Did you want to?" I choked out.

"Want to?" David repeated, looking at me for a split second then back to the road.

"Go," I stammer. I gulped with my eyes closed then tried again. "Go out?"

"Are you serious right now?" David laughed. Then silence filled the truck.
"What about Nathan?"

"What about him?" I ask, my heart beating fast. Just say no, David.

"Hmm," he thought aloud. I kept my eyes closed, not wanting to see his expression. What if he's just messing with me? Gosh, what if this gets out at school? My brows pushed together in frustration. "Maybe."

"Are you serious right now?" I mimicked him. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He just smiled at me, then turned his attention back to the road.

"Maybe. I mean, I always wondered what it would be like. You know, to go out with the girl that I grew up with." He was smiling the whole time, then lightly chuckled.

"Yeah," I quietly agree. David couldn't possibly be serious, so I should just go along with it. "That's what I was thinking too."

"I don't blame you," he cockily said. "I'm an amazing guy."

"More like an asshole," I coughed.

"What?" He immediately questioned, as if he hadn't heard me.

"Nothing," I sweetly assure. I sucked my bottom lip in my mouth and stared outside with furrowed brows.

"Were you....were you being serious?" He abruptly insisted, probably thinking it's all a hoax. Which I don't blame him, considering it kind of is. I just don't want to have to go to David's all the time.

"Yeah," I mutter. I couldn't consider it a lie, since I was being serious; because of what's at stake of course if I didn't.

"Hmmm, okay." He nodded then pulled in his drive way. We both went to the front door, he unlocked it and held it open for me.

"Your mom isn't home?" I quirked a brow.

"Nope," he answered. I nodded, walked inside and went to the couch. I grabbed my notebook, and started doing my homework.

Later on David's mom returned with his father. I stood with a smile, then gave him a hug.

"Monique, you look so beautiful," his dad complimented.

"Thank you." I gave him another hug then went back to my work. David watched with envy, then went outside. Let's just say David and his father never really had a bond, his dad can be an asshole and David is really hard headed; the two don't work out.

"Where did David go?" David's mom asked, looking at her husband.

"Not sure," his dad answered. Then left in the opposite direction. I went back to my work and finally finished the last of it.

"Monique, would you help me with dinner?" David's mom called out. I stood up, put my stuff away and went into the kitchen.

"Yeah?" I ask, glancing around.

"I'm making spaghetti, with the meatballs on the side. Would you mind stirring the noodles?" She inquired, and I nodded with a smile.

"I'd love to," I answered, grabbing the big plastic spoon.

"What do you think of David?" She questioned, stirring the meatballs in the pan.

"He's a nice young man," I answered. Suddenly she snorted.

"No, really. I want the truth," she honestly spoke. I shifted my attention to her, took a deep breath then looked back at the noodles.

"He has nice qualities about him," I started. I can't believe I'm really saying this shit about David. "He can be such a sweet heart, how he gets the door for me, or even listens to you when it comes to checking up on me." At which, she looked surprised. I wondered if she even asked David to look after me. "Looks after me most of the time, and what not. But," I sighed.

"Yes?" She questioned.

"Hey mom," David cut in. I'm sure he was listening and didn't want me to talk about him to his own mother.

"David," she breathed out. I think he scared her, for she looked terrified.
"What do you want?"

"Just seeing what's for dinner," he casually answered, glaring at me.
"What are you two talking about?"

"No one," I lied.That didn't even make sense, and the way David smirked meant he caught on.

"This is girl talk," his mom giggled. "And you shouldn't go sneaking up on people."

"Yeah, yeah." He playfully rolled his eyes then stared at me. Our eyes locked and I had to look away. I chewed the inside of my lip, then sucked on the blood. David and his mother had a quiet conversation about their neighbor, I didn't feel it was any of my business so I tuned out.

Smells delicious. I thought to myself when dinner was finally finished and everyone was at the table. David sat across from me, and his parents sat at the head of the table.

"How was work, darling?" His mom asked his dad.

"It was nice," his dad measly replied. "How was your day?"

"Eventful, the ladies are planning a party for the holiday." His mom was so proud of herself for being in that little group she has with the other house wives in the neighborhood.

"Sounds delightful," his father enthused. David just snorted and continued eating.

"Dinner is amazing," I complimented. His mom smiled up at me, then slightly nodded.

"It really is delicious," his father agreed, leaning over and kissing her cheek.

"Thank you sweetie," she giggled. David exhaled sharply again, then looked up at me. "Oh, by the way Monique. Your parents are back tomorrow."

"Yes!" I was a bit over dramatic, because everyone at the table stopped eating and stared at me. Well, David's father didn't care. "I mean. Thank you. I really enjoyed being here."

"Of course," she disapprovingly replied. She shifted her eyes to David, shook her head then continued eating. I let out a deep breath and finished my supper. I stood, then offered to take anyone elses plate and put mine in the sink.

"I'm going to bed," I informed. I went to the living room, grabbed my stuff and headed to the room they have set up for me here. I sat my things down, grabbed the pajamas David's mom bought for me and changed. I sat on the bed with my iPod, listening to music. I've had this iPod for three years now, and I was ecstatic to have even gotten it. David's mom actually got it for me, even though it said from him. Either way, I love this thing like my life. It's the most expensive thing I own. Actually, the only expensive thing I own.

...

I fell asleep with headphones in my ear and woke up to hear 'bang bang' by Nancy Sinatra. Kind of reminded me of David and I, wont lie. A small smile appeared on my lips as I kept the headphones in, grabbed my towel and change of clothes then headed to the bathroom. I showered, applied a thin layer of eyeliner and dressed in the new clothes. David's mom always bought me clothes here, if I didn't mention that before. I just didn't ever wear them because I have my own and didn't like the fact that I felt like a charity to them. Plus she always chose to get me low cut shirts that squeezed my breasts together. Which I'm wearing today, unfortunately.

"What are you listening to?" David asked, both of us got in his truck. His eyes shifted to the shirt and a small smirk appeared on his face before he looked behind to back out.

"Hold on, by Rusko featuring Amber Coffman," I answer, furrowing my brows.
"What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing," he chuckled. He looked at me again, this time I caught him.

"Ew, David! You perv!" I scolded, zipping the sweater up all the way. He snickered as he drove us to school.

"Not my fault I like boobs," he playfully argued. "Even if they are on you."

"Hey," I pouted. "That's not nice."

"I'm not nice," he reminded then parked the car. "Out."

"Yeah, yeah." I jumped down from the truck, grabbed my backpack and walked towards the school. David waited a few minutes before coming as well, in hopes that no one saw us together. I wondered if it was really that big of a deal, considering John and Pete already knew about David talking to me. I mean, his little group knew about us growing up together. So why did David care so much?
♠ ♠ ♠
^___^ Chapter 10 is shout out chapter! Remember! So get your comments in!!! lol
and thank you for those that are commenting as well, it makes me want to update more. <3
Hope this chapter wasn't boring. >___<