Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

"We'll talk to her soon okay babe," he whispered a promise as he kissed her ear and then her cheek. "Let's go to class."

"I really wish I knew what I done," Avalee whispered, she had an idea, but she didn't think that would be why she was so mad. Could it?

-----Lunch-----

“Tess,” Ava said sternly as she sat down at the table.

“Ava,” She mumbled back.

“Why are you so mad at me? What did I do?”

“I already told you!” Tessa yelled as softly as she could. “You slept with Victor.”

“And?”

“And it’s just that… Just that I’m worried about you, Avalee. We shouldn’t be hanging out with these guys, and your becoming so attached to Victor. He’s no good, Ava. No good for anyone, especially us. And I really think that we shouldn’t be with them anymore,” Tessa explained. “And, yes, Jacob is a sweetheart and really likes me, but, their bad news.”

"Now Tess, you're being judgmental, they aren't that bad, they haven't done anything to us," Avalee sighed as she picked at her chex mix.

"Yet," Tessa mumbled as she turned to her friend. "I don't think I'm judgmental Ava, I'm being realistic."

"I'm not going to stop hanging out with my boyfriend because you think he's evil or something, he's really sweet Tessa, I just wish you could see past the looks."

"I tried, I really did, but he persuaded you to have sex with him, that made my decision, he's using you like a rag doll," Tessa hissed. “A fucking whore.”

“I’m not a fucking whore!” Ava stood up, now screaming.

“You slept with him when you’d only known him for a little over a damn week!” Tess jumped up, as well. “Face it! He’s just using you for sex!”

"No he's not!" Avalee said in outrage, her friend accusing these things, how dare she? She was her friend, or so she thought. "You should be happy for me Tess."

"How can I be happy when I see you downward spiraling into his grasp Avalee, he's stringing you along," Tessa sighed as she calmed her voice. "Please Avalee, listen to me."

"No," Avalee whispered shaking her head.

“Then fuck you,” Tessa spat and stormed off, cursing under her breath.

What the fuck just happened?

-----After School-----

“Hey, babe,” Victor hugged Avalee and kissed her neck.

“Hi,” Avalee said softly.

“Ava,” He pulled away and looked into her eyes. “Something wrong?”

"Yeah," she whispered as she pulled him into a strong, loving hug, trying to not cry. "Tessa hates me."

"No she doesn't," he laughed as he smoothed out her hair, kissing it every now and then. "Why do you say that?"

"She told me then fuck you at lunch when I told her I wouldn't break up with you," she whispered.

"Why does she want that?" he asked in shock as he leaned back to look in her eyes.

"She thinks you guys are bad and that your using me for sex," she whispered as she looked away from his bright baby blues to the pavement beneath her.

"I wouldn't ever do that to you," he whispered. “Not ever.”

“Are you sure?” Ava said, still avoiding eye contact.

“I’m absolutely positive,” He nodded and pulled Avalee close to him, Tessa walking by. She shook her head, and looked away.

"She hates me," Avalee sighed as she laid her head on his chest, hearing his heart beat fast.

"She hates me, not you," Victor laughed as he kissed her head. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay I guess," she sighed.

“No it’s not, I cost you your best friend,” Victor said worried.

“No,” Avalee shook her head. “If she couldn’t accept us, she wasn’t really my friend.”

“Are you sure your okay?” he questioned.

“Yeah, its fine,” Ava nodded then lied. “I don’t care anyway.”

"I know that was a lie," he laughed as he kissed her lips softly. "I'm sorry; do you want to break up?"

"No!" she said in anger as she slapped his arm lightly. "Don't you dare."

"Sorry, just wondering," he grinned as he grabbed her hand and pulled her to his car. "Can you light me a cig please."

"Mhm." She nodded and grabbed one from his inside pocket, then put it to her lips and lit it like she had before, then held it out to his lips, instead of grabbing the cigarette with his lips, he grabbed it with his hand and pulled Avalee into a deep kiss.

“Thanks,” He smiled after he broke away from Ava.

“You’re welcome,” Avalee beamed back as they both got into his car and pulled out of the school parking lot. “So what are we doing today?”

“Well, we were gonna go on a date with Jacob and Tessa, but it doesn’t look like that’s happening,” Victor sighed. “He’ll be devastated.”

"Poor thing," she sighed as she leaned sideways. "We can go out still right? We can bring him to a movie with us, and the rest of the guys."

"I was thinking more of a…us alone date if we're not double dating," he smiled down at her and took her hand in his. "You do know that I wouldn't use you right?"

"I think so."

"I wouldn't do that to you Avalee, I've had a crush on you for years, as strange as it seems, the guys made fun of me for having a crush on someone and not going after them, I didn't have the nerve until the day I spoke to you, it was because they pushed me towards the desk, I took a deep breath and I decided that I needed to realize, I can't get what I want unless I go for it," he smiled as he gave her hand a squeeze. "It worked, I got you."

“Yes you did,” Ava smiled at Victor as they stopped in front of Jacob’s house. He ran out, grinning, and jumped into the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment!