Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

“Who is it?” Victor asked quietly.

“It-it’s Tess,” Ava’s eyes welled up. “Should I pick it up?”

“If you want to,” Victor shrugged, Ava nodding and putting the phone to her ear.

“Hello?” Ava asked shakily.

“Ava!” Tessa cried, breathing heavily. “Where the fuck are you?”

“I’m… Out…” Ava said softly, deciding not to worry Tessa by telling her where she was.

“Out where? Jacob and I are worried and-“

“Your with Jacob?” Ava questioned. “I thought he was bad news.”

“I-I missed him,” Tessa mumbled.

“You love him and couldn’t stay away,” Avalee laughed in an I-told-you-so tone.

"Yes, I couldn't," Tessa sighed as she paused. "I'm so sorry for not believing you, Jacob told me what all Victor done just for you, he quit the gang and he quit drugs."

"Yes he did," Avalee looked down at her lap where Victor had laid his head, shivering while clutching to her stomach.

"Where are you Avalee," she whispered almost crying. "I miss you so much, Bret has gone crazy scared, and Jacob is worried about you and Victor."

"We're fine, Victor is going through the problems of coming off the drugs, but other than that we're okay."

"What's wrong with him?" Tessa sounded concerned.

"Fever, shivering, he won't eat and he barely drinks water, he turns hot then cold and he's pale and sweating."

"It's just him detoxing, it will be over soon Avalee, he'll be fine, a hundred percent better," Tessa assured her with a laugh. "Now tell me where you're at."

"Victor," she whispered pulling the phone from her ear to her chest. "Should I tell her where we're at."

"As long as she doesn't tell your brother or come down here to bitch," he whispered kissing Avalee's stomach softly. "God you're so warm."

"No baby I'm room temperature, you're burning up but freezing on the inside," she whispered kissing his stubbled head, he was growing his hair back out, it was dark blond.

"Avalee?" Tessa asked loudly.

"Sorry, Tess, if I tell you where I am, will you tell Bret?" Avalee asked

"No, of course not, I want to come bring you home so you and Victor can be together and still be around me!"

"I'm not coming home Tessa," she whispered. "I'm making a life here."

"Where is here, because I'm coming to live with you."

“No, I don’t want you to. Just, stay there with Jacob, okay?”

“No, Ava. Your scaring me, where are you?” Tess began crying again. “Please, where are you?”

“I’m… In Vegas…” Ava said softly.

“What!?” Tessa screamed into the phone. “I can’t fucking believe you!”

“I’m sorry, Tessa. Me and Victor are gonna get married, start over.”

“You fucking left us!” Tessa sobbed. “Just tell me your going to come home. Just please tell me that.”

“I… I don’t know,” Avalee shook her head.

“No, no. Please Ava, just tell me that you’re going to come home… Please…” Tessa cried softly. “Just promise me that.”

“I can’t, I’m so sorry.”

“Ava! Please!” Tessa began shouting again, Ava hung up the phone and dropped her head to the pillow.

-----Tessa-----

“Jacob!” Tessa buried her face into Jacob’s chest as they lay on Jacob’s couch. “She’s not coming home. Victor and Ava… Are gone…”

“Oh, baby,” Jacob rubbed Tess’ back. “They’ll come back eventually. Don’t cry, where are they?”

“Las Vegas, they’re getting fucking married,” Tessa mumbled. “And not coming back.”

“Tessa, don’t say that.”

"I can't help it Jacob," she sobbed as she laid her head on his chest and closed her eyes tight. "I know what to do!"

"What?"

"We're going to Vegas," she announced standing up, pulling his arm up as she did so.

"What? I'm too young to get married, I like you and all but I'm not ready fo-"

"Jacob don't be an idiot," she huffed as she grabbed his keys and pulled him out of the house. "We're going to bring Avalee and Victor home, today."

"We can't drive that far in one day," Jacob said in shock.

"We'll damn try that's for sure," she glanced at him and pointed to his mustang. "Get in and drive."

-----Avalee-----

"Victor," Avalee whispered kissing his sleeping cheek; he glanced up and blinked a couple times.

"What?" he crouched out as he leaned on his elbow.

"You've stopped shivering and you're fever broke," she smiled as she kissed his lips, it had been two days since she talked to Tessa and two days since Victor scared her with his detoxification.

"Really?" he smiled and pulled her down on him, capturing her lips with his, he moved his hands down further until they was on her bottom, pushing her closer to him.

"Someone's happy," she gasped as she pulled away for air.

"We're going to get married now, of course I'm happy," he scooped her up and sat her on the ground.

"Are you feeling well enough?" she whispered as she pulled out the small white dress from the closet that Victor had bought her for the wedding.

"I'm feeling better by the second," he grinned as he watched her undress and put on the dress.

"Can you zip up the back?" she asked turning around so he could get to the zipper, Victor walked up and slowly pulled the zip her slowly, tracing his fingers after it, he kissed her neck softly and slowl y until a small moan escaped her lips.

"Maybe we should wait a couple hours," he breathed on her neck while circling his arms around her waist.

"Not now," she laughed as she pulled away from him. "Tonight, the wedding night."

"Sounds better, let's get the show on the road!" he said causing her to laugh and nod. "You look beautiful Avalee."
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

comment