Status: Currently trying to continue with this. (Sorry for slow updates!)

Last Chance

Chapter 2

I froze for a moment, staring directly at the boys I thought had left. “Wait… that’s not any girl – That’s Marina Yonwin!” One of the boys gasped, making me flinch. I looked for an escape route, not being able to find anything. “Hey boys. Looks like we’ve got ourselves some gold that’s free for taking…” Another one chuckled grimly, stepping forward intimidatingly. Afraid of what he was suggesting, I began to panic and my guard melted down. No. No! This can’t be happening now!
Suddenly, the door was smashed open, throwing the boys into the wall. I jumped back in surprise and guess who it was standing there? Great, now there’s something else I owe him. “Stupid dogs!” He yelled in an angered voice, leaning in the door way. Before saying or doing anything that could potentially get me locked in here with those jokers, I ran out of the bathroom, sighing to myself. Cesario turned around towards me with his concerned expression. “Thank you…” I muttered under a quiet breath, still believing I could have escaped on my own somehow. “Excuse me? I didn’t hear that,”
I pouted “Thank you Moretti. Thank you for saving me from your stupid students!” I shouted in response, a few of my strings snapping off. He placed his hands up in surrender. “Marina… Are you okay? Should I take you to a place to sit down?” Cesario queried, honestly sounding worried. This guy… he wasn’t making any sense! What was his intention?! I nodded in response, as there was nothing else to do. Cesario led me to a reception room and sat me down on a sofa. Sitting beside me, he glanced over, curious. I stared straight into my reflection on the fine glass table before me. For minutes, we sat in thoughtful silence until I spoke at last. “What do I do?!” I sighed, expecting my voice to come out clear, but it cracked slightly. “Just transfer,” he answered as if it was the simplest thing ever. I gave him a stern look. “It’s not that easy Moretti. There is so much I’ll be leaving behind and as you have probably noticed, I don’t suit you people. This is not where I belong,”
“That doesn’t matter Marina. If what you’re leaving behind isn’t here, then you don’t need it. Suiting in is a different matter. You’re special, you don’t need to fit in. No one would let you fit in. Otherwise, suiting is something that just happens over time right?” I thought over his words for a while.
“What about my belonging?”
“How do you really know where you belong when you haven’t explored other places?” He got me there.
“My best friend goes to that school, Marcus goes to that school… If I wanted to take over my father’s financial masterpiece, then this school is perfect for me… but I don’t want to and do not wish to,” I crossed my legs on the grand leather seat and faced him. He had this bothered expression set on his face, before it changed suddenly to an exasperated sigh. “If you care for those friends and that school, then you have to attend. There are not any ways of you returning to that life without transferring. I’m sorry about your friend and this… Marcus, but there really isn’t any other choices,”
“But I don’t want to leave Orion and Marcus behind! I barely have time for them now! If I leave the 6 hours I get with them a day… I won’t be able to cope – please I beg… if you cannot stop your father from forcing me to transfer, at least let him transfer my best friend; a great student. One of the best! They deserves this school. I owe you for saving me and now for this. I promise I’ll do anything that doesn’t include my father’s business or that. Can you please give Orion a scholarship?” I begged; slipping to the floor in a shameful position on my knees; hands clasped tightly; my eyes on the verge of regretful tears. He looked at me, deep in thought. After god knows how long, he nodded and placed his hand out for me as he stood up. I took it and he led me to his father’s office. Outside, he asked me “You stay by your promise to do anything that doesn’t include your father’s business of the sorts, for me in exchange for a full scholarship to your friend and you to attend here?” I inhaled deeply, then nodded to Cesario. “Even if what I ask of you may destroy your life?”
“As long as I can attend this school with my best friend then yes, I do,” Cesario lifted his eyebrows as he opened the door and let Marina step through. “Ah, Marina. Come to answer my plead?”
“In exchange for another,” Cesario answered.

I sighed greatly as I left the room, sweat threatening to form. I looked at the time and noticed it was almost 3.”Ah! I’m going to miss Orion –!” I gasped. Cesario grabbed my shoulder gently. “It’s okay, your friend will be escorted here after school. Don’t worry, you’ll catch them soon,” He mentioned, calming me down slightly.
“So uhm, how will the day work out?”
“Well, after this meeting with your friend, Orion. You two will be shown to your uniforms - ”
“Uniforms?!”
“Well girls have to wear a certain dress to differentiate them from the boys as this had recently been an all boys school,” He explained.
I sighed greatly. Oh no… a dress! At least at my last school I could wear trousers.

I waited excitedly at the entrance. As I heard a car park up I rushed over, too eager for my own body, tripping over my feet slightly. Hearing the slight chuckle from Cesario behind me, I greeted Orion at the gates. “What’s this all about Marina?” He sighed immediately. A surprised gasp appeared behind me, closer than I had expected. “Marina… your best friend is a… boy?!” He questioned, both ignoring Orion for a moment. Cesario pushed me aside and crouched down slightly because of our heights. “Don’t you have any female friends?!” he raised his voice in a whisper. I shook my head instantaneously. “Why ever not?”
“They all hate me…” I answered, rolling my eyes and trying to avoid the rest of the conversation. “Why d-”
Cesario continued, but was interrupted by my hand. “This conversation can be for another time,” I sighed, walking back to Orion. Cesario, acting like a puppy, stood behind me in a defeated slouch as I explained to Orion what was going on.

“So… you’re telling me that you want me to switch schools because otherwise ours will be frozen forever? How does that even work?” Orion queried. I shook my head, not understanding fully myself and turning towards Cesario. He placed his hands up defense. “I don’t know,” was his response. “Though, I think it’d be best if you guys go change into your uniforms,” We both nodded, Orion more eager than me as he had always wanted to attend a school of higher status. I, on the other hand, feared the thought of a mountain being thrown on top of me, being expected to walk around completely fine and practically. As Cesario led us towards another room with lots of uniforms hanging around on racks, I and Orion were caught up slightly on the night before and my experience. Two middle aged men dressed in tailcoats carried over the same uniform as Cesario, but was slightly dressed down and the passed the devil’s spawn for me. I took it, disgusted look on my face and tiptoed behind the curtain as I began to change the clothes. Thankfully, I always carried a pair of shorts on me as I tended to get messy and threw them on underneath the explosion of horror. Looking closely in the mirror, the ‘fine’ dress draped down and almost filled the cubicle. I became frustrated with it immediately and lifted the skirt to rip out the fabrics beneath, to thin the skirt of its layers. Slowly, it became more practical and easy to walk in. Somewhat pleased, and being called out by Orion and Cesario, I exited the room and smiled at them both who had their mouths wide open. I suspected it was because of the ‘destruction’ I caused to the school property. Behind them, I heard one of the men saying “That’s against school policies,”
I retorted with “Well, if they want me to attend then this doesn’t really matter now does it?” With that, he shut his mouth and blatantly expressed a feeling of distaste. As usual. I returned my attention to the two boys which were still staring at me. “Hello? Earth to humans? Don’t tell me that frozen thing has happened again…” I sighed, shaking my head. They looked at me. “N-no! No… it’s just… the uh… the skirt. I-it’s become transparent…” Orion expressed, suppressing a laugh. I glanced down, confused by his accusation to be faced with my shorts. Obviously, Cesario expected me to blush and hide, but I burst into laughter and grabbed another uniform, a pair of scissors, and chopped off the bottom unprofessionally; all whilst chuckling. This followed with a few layers peeled away and the cage beneath to be extracted. Walking hysterically back into the changing room, I switched clothes and came back out. “Happy now?”
Both looking at each other, Cesario with a slight glare, and nodded.
“Slut,” Orion whispered as we headed towards the door.
“That dress was impractical. How on Earth was I supposed to walk in that thing?” I responded and bumped into a tall character, blonde semi-curled hair and pair of glasses. “Whoops sorry,” I apologised quickly. He adjusted his glasses with his middle finger and replied in a deep croaky voice. “Miss Drake? Madam, that uniform is not suitable for a lady as yourself. You’re not a prostitute I assume?”
Slightly swayed by the sudden answer, it took me a few moments to respond. “Pardon? This isn’t even- Ah… I get it now. You don’t get any ass do you?”
“Excuse me? I was only enforcing the rules, you had no reason to respond with such-”
“Cut the crap boy, I know you smoke boy so stop acting all high, mighty and rule-abiding. I’m sure no student is allowed to smoke on campus?” I intercepted. His eyes widened slightly and the corners of his lips curled up in a grim grin. “You’re an interesting one. Drago Leclercq; it’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Drake,” He placed a hand out and I awkwardly put mine in his. “Uh- call me Marina?” I unsurely asked. To all three of their surprises, Drago kissed my hand and I whipped it away in shock. “MOLESTER!” I shouted, chortling afterwards at the other’s reactions.
Recovering quickly, Cesario whispered something to Drago and looked at me and Orion. “Let’s go to your dorms now,”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T RESPONDED IN SO LONG OH MY GOD I CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND MYSELF HOW MUCH I FEEL TERRIBLE.
I don't even think anyone reads this anyway.
Thanks anyway for reading this. I've made a goal to try and do 2000 words per chance (Which'll fail pathetically)