Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier.

Wonderfully Wandering Alone

Chapter Fourteen

"Ryan!!!" I squealed as I sprinted across the room to assault him from behind, jumping on his back and clutching at his shoulders to keep from falling.

He chuckled as he somehow managed to grab my thighs and keep me up onto his back.
"Well, I wasn't expecting that kind of greeting, but it's wonderful to have you awake finally." He jumped up and down a little, making me bounce and giggle before he set me back on the ground, and turned to me.

He stooped down a little as I rested both of my hands on his face, making sure he was real. He smiled lightly at me and a genuine twinkle in his eye made itself known as my thumb slowly caressed his cheek.

"I never thought I'd see your face again." I sighed involuntarily. "I'm so glad to see you." My eyes watered slightly, as my happiness became overwhelming.

"Oh, don't cry..." Ryan mumbled as he wrapped his long arms around my shoulders in an embrace.
"It's gonna be okay, you don't need to cry." He whispered. For a moment, I just buried my face into his shirt, inhaling his scent and savoring him for fear that he may disappear any second.

Then, another pair of arms wrapped around my waist, making me turn slightly to see that Brendon was now resting his chin on my shoulder, smirking slightly.

I giggled at the sight, then slightly pulled away from both the boys.
"I'm crying because I'm happy, not because I'm sad. You two worry about me too much." I smiled at their actions before making my way over to the counter and taking a seat at one of the stools.

They both exchanged glances, then shrugged, before Ryan continued messing with the stove, and Brendon waltzed over to the seat next to me and sat down.

"How's the cooking going Ry?" Brendon asked casually as he placed his hand over my own, then began reveling in the difference of the large size of his hand to my small one.

"Uh... Pretty good, I think. Cooking sauce and noodles isn't that hard, Bren." Ryan spoke as he added some kind of green ingredient to the sauce, then became focused on stirring either the sauce or the boiling pasta.

Brendon had now lifted both of my hands up so they were resting flat up against his own, showing that his fingers were practically twice as long as my own. He laughed as he realized that he could wrap his fingertips over the tops of my fingers to hold my hands in a strange position. I just shook my head and rolled my eyes at him.

"When is the food going to be done?" He mumbled slightly to Ryan as he continued to stare at our hands.

"Probably in ten minutes... maybe five if these noodles decided to cook faster." Ryan grumbled out, pouting slightly as he stared at the stove. I giggled at his expression, but it was short-lived as I found myself being ushered out of the room.

Before Ryan could even finish speaking, Brendon had dragged me to sit down on a couch in the living room which was right across the hall from the dining room.

He sat down quickly, pulling me down to sit and then pull my legs over his lap. I laughed at him, but then laughed even more and shrieked as he began tickling my feet.

"No!! Brendon!!! Stop!!!!" I somehow manage to get out between breaths and spurts of laughing.

I moved all the way to the other end of the couch, but Brendon just grabbed me and draped me across his body as he stretched across the couch. He continued to tickle me for a while, even after I had slapped him about fifty times on his chest. He stopped soon after, laughing lightly to himself as I glared at him.

At that moment, I did not realize what our position could have looked like from someone else's point of view if they walked into the living room. It was a little... intimate for two friends. My body was draped across his, with my head resting near his chest, while his legs had spread apart, allowing me to lay my abdomen in between in a surprisingly comfortable position.

"Meanie." I mumbled under my breath in a dejected tone, pouting like a five year old. I placed my hands over each other and placed them on his chest before I rested my cheek on them, then Brendon turned his head slightly so I didn't have to look at him sideways.

"I'm not a meanie. You are." He poked my nose to make a point, but that just made my scrunch up my face at him.

"Nuh-uh. I'm not. I'm a nice person..." I pouted and spoke in a very childish voice, making me laugh slightly.

"Okay... You're a nice person." He ran his fingers through my hair and played with it as he looked at me.
"You're also a very beautiful person." He spoke tenderly to me, running his fingertips over my cheek.

I blushed bright red at his compliment, burying my face into his shirt, desperately trying to hide it.

"Come on, Ver. It's cute when you blush, don't hide from me." He spoke softly, and smiled when I slowly lifted my head up to face him.

"That's better." He smiled. I then realized that we were in a different position than we had been before.

My legs were entwined with his, and his arms had snaked their way around my waist while we were talking.

As I looked at him, I stared into his eyes.

Usually, when I looked into them, they had a slightly red tint to them, making them look lighter and slightly orange. Now, when I examined them, there was no trace of red at all.

His eyes were like pools of rich milk chocolate enveloping a small black saucer. It felt as if they were pulling me in, but I could look away if I wanted, because after a while, I found myself looking from his eyes to his amazingly pouty, pink lips.

I could feel his warm breath on my face as we drew even closer to one another. His eyes were barely open and they flickered from my lips to my eyes every two seconds, making me lean in farther until our lips were about an inch away.

My eyes closed anticipating the feeling of his lips on my own.

"Spaghetti is done!"

Damn it, Ryan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Such a tease...
Re-updated and re-edited
SO...
What did you think?
Do you think Ver should end up with Brendon? Or Ryan?
Do you think Ver should trust the guys?
Do you think Pete will ever find Ver?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!
I LOVE MY READERS AND COMMENTERS!!
THANK YOU FOR READING!!! :D