Status: Updating about every week or so, sometimes earlier.

Wonderfully Wandering Alone

Chapter Nineteen

After I had sat there in a daze of some sort, the anxiety hit me all at once and I dashed up to my new bedroom in search of sanctuary. The door slammed behind me as I ran in and launched myself onto the bed. I layed on my back and stared at the while ceiling in hopes that my mind would clear and stop the thoughts that were spinning within.

I took a few deep breaths in, feeling the fast beating of my heart slow down after a few minutes. An exasperated sigh escaped my lips and I closed my eyes as I struggled to decipher my feelings for the two men, or vampires, that were seated downstairs.

I can't be in love with two people at the same time.

That's like cheating... Isn't it?


I shook my head at my own thoughts, which only made me feel guiltier about the situation I had put myself in. I ran my hands through my hair as I felt the frustration set in, making me wish I could just find an easy way out for all of this confusion and guilt to end. I groaned as I turned to my right, seeing the window. I stared at it for a few seconds before I hopped up out of bed and wandered over to the window seat.

My eyes traveled over the forest that surrounded the house, only seeing one dirt path that disappeared into the harsh woods. The rest of the yard just looked to be dying grass that was filled with weeds, making this place looked like no one had lived here for years. But then again, that was the idea of this place, wasn't it?

I opened the window, noticing that there was no screen so I could stick my head out and look down at the peeling paint and scratched up surface of the house. As I peered to the right, I noticed that the window closest to me had boards nailed across it. My eyebrows came together in confusion, but my thoughts soon solved my unspoken question.

The whole idea of this house was so that no one would find it, and no one would think anyone lived here. That's why the lawn is so unkempt and the house looks as if it could collapse any second. We don't want to be found.

I shifted back into the window seat, leaning my head against the wall behind me and closed my eyes, allowing sleep to overcome me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For about a week or two, I refused to leave my room, which seemed like a good idea to the vampires in the house, considering that it would make it a hell of a lot easier for them to protect me if I stayed in one place. It seemed as though they had worked out a schedule of sorts. They took turns bringing me my meals, usually in alphabetical order (Brendon, Ryan, William). They also took turns guarding my room, but it seemed that they had no specific order for that. They definitely were not all that efficient, considering that I would look outside my door multiple times during the day to find the hallway completely deserted.

I found myself staring up at the stars from the window seat one night, while it seemed that the guys were being rowdy downstairs. The sound of laughing and constant banging on the floors and walls could be heard, but I easily blocked it out. My eyes scanned the sky over and over, finding patterns of my own within the stars. I smiled as I saw a heart, but that just made me think of the problem that was plaguing me. My mind must have wandered off after a while, considering the fact that I did not see the man run from the forest, and up to the house.

I felt as though I had jumped eight feet off the ground when a hooded man suddenly jumped through my window and into the room. I quickly moved over to the bed, bringing my knees up to my chest while I wrapped my arms around them. My instincts told me to scream and yell for someone to help me, but instead I just stared blankly at the intruder.

"Why are you just sitting there staring at me? Take my hand, and I'll get you out of here." His voice was low and somewhat nasal, yet it sounded familiar. He held his hand out for me to take, but I refused.

"I don't know who the hell you are, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm not leaving, especially with you." I spoke harshly to him, having a feeling that this was the hunter that Brendon had warned me about.

"I'm here to help you. I'm trying to save you from these vampires. They kidnapped you." He sounded slightly frustrated and confused. He removed his hood, revealing his face to me. I automatically knew who he was and my mind seemed to spin.

His blonde hair was peaking out from underneath a baseball cap and his murky green eyes stared at me. He wore black skinny jeans and a large black hoodie, hiding his stocky physique.

It was Patrick Stump. Lead singer of Fall Out Boy.

Do all of the bands I listen to have crazy secrets?

"I don't need to be saved. I love the vampires you're talking about. They saved me from Pete Wentz." At first he seemed surprised at my words, but his eyes seemed to glisten with something as I spoke of Pete.

"You... love them? You can't. They kidnapped you! You have Stockholm Syndrome! You can't really love them!" He argued with me.

"It's not Stockholm Syndrome! I really do love them! I love Brendon and Ryan with all my heart! They're the only ones that I can trust now. They're the only family that I really have. My brother is an idiot who doesn't care about anyone but himself and all he does is sits there and gambles all day long! My parents died when I was too young to even remember! I have no one except for them! I can't leave them!" I yelled at him, trying to make him understand that there was no way in hell that I was leaving them. I stood up and started walking towards him, making him back up towards the window.

"But they're vampires! They kill innocent people just to fill their stomachs! They have no remorse for anything they do! They're the living dead! It's just not-" Before Patrick could finish, the door to my room was thrown open, revealing both Brendon and Ryan.

As soon as he saw them, it seemed that he forgot about his mission to save me and he quickly jumped out the window. Brendon quickly rushed over to me, scanning my body as if Patrick had hurt me, while Ryan watched out the window as Patrick disappeared into the forest.

"Brendon, I'm fine. He tried to convince me go with him, but I refused. I'm not going anywhere." I told him as I stared into his eyes, convincing him that I was perfectly fine.

Brendon lead me over to sit on the edge of the bed, he sat to my left, while Ryan waltzed over and sat to my right. They both placed a hand on my shoulders in some form of comforting me.

"You're really not going to leave us, Ver?" Ryan asked, sounding somewhat worried.

"No, why would I leave? You both mean everything to me." I spoke sincerely looking into each of their eyes.

"Well, we just thought that you would rather leave than have to deal with both of us." Brendon spoke in a rather saddened tone, running his hand through my hair.

"Don't worry, I'm not leaving anytime soon." I smiled lightly at him, and I took each of their hands in my own.

"But, we know that you've stayed in this room for about two weeks... and we just need to know something." Ryan spoke before both he and Brendon moved to kneel in front of me.

"Which one of us do you choose?" They spoke at the same time, both with tears collecting in their eyes.

I took in a deep breath, smiling a small smile at the two vampires in front of me.

"My choice is..." I paused, closing my eyes, and hoping that they would both accept the decision I had made.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated! And a cliffhanger... Haha.
What do you guys think?
Who do you want Ver to be with?
Who do you think she's going to pick?
Do you think that Ver should have gone with Patrick?
Will Patrick come back for her?
LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WITH A COMMENT!!
I LOVE MY COMMENTORS AND READERS!! :D
I WOULD LOVE IT IF I COULD GET 5 COMMENTS BEFORE THE NEXT UPDATE!!
THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!