Status: Senior year of college, be patient with me.

The Fallen Angels

It's a Date -Abigail's P.O.V.-

I sighed heavily, scratching behind Nanukk's ear, while we lounged on the couch in the Slytherin common room. The idea of a Ball might excite a lot of other girls, but for some reason, I just wasn't that excited about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited to actually dress up and everything, but I just wasn't as excited as I should be.

"Hey, Abby." I looked up to see Draco walking down into the common room. I nodded to him, not really feeling like responding. "Are you busy today," he asked standing behind the couch, looking down at my nervously. I shook my head, intrigued to know what he was up to. "Um," he cleared his throat, "Would you want to do something with me today?"

Smiling I sat up, "Yeah, sure. What do you wanna do?"

"Well," he shuffled his feet while I stood up. "Did you want to go to Hogsmead?"

"Sounds good to me," I smiled, "Let me grab my scarf." I quickly went up stairs, grabbing a few items before returning back down in the common room, and Draco. I linked my arm with his as we walked out of the portrait hole.
____________________________________________________________________________________

The first thing we did was go to Honeydukes. Like the first time we had gone together, we got two chocolate frogs, one licorice wand, and a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. Draco wanted a rematch with the Flavored Beans. Smirking I agreed and so began the torture. For him anyway.

"I don't understand," he said spitting out a sardine flavored bean. "How do you never get a bad one?"

I shrugged, "Just lucky I guess."

He shook his head while he held open the door to the Three Broomsticks, "No one is ever that lucky."

I only shrugged, finding us a seat towards the back. I plopped myself down the booth while Draco went up and got us both a Butter Beer. I watched as groups of girls, not just from Hogwarts, but from Beauxbatons as well, as they giggled and chatted about the up coming Ball. I frowned slightly, looking down at my scarf, I don't even know if I could pay for a dress. I didn't feel right asking Molly and Arthur when they had to deal with five other children in school already.

"You alright?" Draco asked, setting a frosted mug in front of me. I nodded clasping the mug, taking a drink. "You don't look alright," he sighed watching me.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just not excited about this Ball," I shrugged.

"You? A girl, is not excited about a Ball?" Draco chuckled. "That doesn't sound right."

I shrugged again, "I don't know. I guess I just don't feel like I should go."

Draco frowned. "Well why not?"

"I can't afford a dress," I admit. "And I don't want to ask Molly and Arthur for any money because they have five other kids in school right now and...Well, you know, I'm not really..."

"Their child," Draco finished.

"It's not like they treat me any differently," I said quickly. "Molly has acted like she was my Mum the first day I met her. But...They struggle." I muttered the last part. Of course Draco knew that, his father rubbed it in to Arthur every time he saw him in the streets, and at work.

Draco looked down, he knew how his family treated mine. I wanted to ask him if he truly felt as though he was better than the Weasley's because of their money status. The Weasley's were purebloods just like him, they just didn't care for money and nice things as much as the Malfoy's did. In a way, I think that's why I've always enjoyed the Weasley's company. Money didn't matter, love did.

We finished our drinks and left the inn in silence. I didn't know what to say to Draco. I always avoided brining up my family around him, knowing that it was a big difference between us. I linked arms with Draco, allowing him to drag us around Hogsmead, hopefully finding something different to talk about soon. The silence was killing me. I was lost in thought when Draco pulled me to a gentle stop. I glanced up at him before looking at the store we had stopped in front of. Girls piled in and out of the store, giggling in little groups. It was the one dress shop in Hogsmead.

"No," I said instantly looking up at Draco.

"What?" He frowned.

"You're not buying me one," I said, unlinking from his arm, walking away, towards the woods that lead to the Shrieking Shack.

He quickly chased after me. "But you'll need one."

I shook my head, "No. I just simply won't go."

Draco grabbed my elbow, pulling me to a stop, making me face him. "But you have to go. I want you to go." He paused. "With me," he finally finished, blushing.

I was taken aback. "Oh," I breathed. Draco looked up at me, his face panic stricken, terrified that the 'oh' meant 'no'. "Wow," I whispered. "I-um."

Draco looked defeated. "Look if you don't want to go with me, it's okay. I didn't mean-" he began to ramble.

"Draco," I said firmly, his gaze meeting mine once more. "I'd love to go with you."

I watched as the smile grew on his face, his eyes lighting up, "Perfect!" I giggled at his enthusiasm. "So you'll let me buy you a dress then?"

I bit my lip, frowning, "I'll pay you back."

Draco rolled his eyes, "You don't have-"

"I won't say yes otherwise," I butt in. He rolled his eyes, but didn't argue further as we began to walk back towards the castle. "You can't see it until Christmas Eve though."

His eyes bugged out, "What?! That's not far."

"That's how it works," I smirk.

Draco glared at me, my smirk still firmly on my face. "Fine," he finally huffed.

I giggled going to link my arm with his, but with one swift motion, Draco slipped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his warm body. I blushed at the intimate gesture, letting him keep his arm where it was. My heart was pounding loudly, I'm surprised he couldn't hear it. Draco had asked me to be his date to the Yule Ball. I blushed an even deeper red, letting my own arm slip around his waist as well.