Lily Baby.

Chapter 26

Frankie’s POV

I knew my mom would be at work late so I decided to stay at the Way’s house.

“Right, my mom knows nothing about your shenanigans with Lil, so no funny business. Alright?” Mikey lectured as we walked up the steps to his house.

“I promise you,” I said, “No ‘funny business’.”

He nodded in approval and walked in with me in tow, calling to his parents in the process.

Donna found us in the hallway, looking extremely flustered, “Boys! I’m going out!”

We looked around confused, “Mom… what?”

“It’s your great great great aunt Mabel,” she rushed, putting on her coat, “She fell in the shower… again.”

“Mom, we never see Aunt Mabel…”

“I know, but it is our duty to help her through tough times! Remember how good she was when Lily was in hospital?”

Mikey and Gee nodded. Lily looked up at the mention of her name.

“Exactly, I’m meeting your father and Aunt Marie at the hospital, and then we will be staying with Marie for a while. You can deal on your own?” she asked.

“Yeah, sure…” Gerard said, a sly grin creeping across his face.

“That’s what I thought,” laughed Donna, “Frank, you will stay here and looked after them.”

I stared at her, “Huh?”

“You’re my babysitter.”

“You do realise, Mom, that I am three years older than him?” Gerard said.

“Yes, I do, and yet I still don’t trust you as much,” she smiled, hastily shoving her shoes on.

“That is so unfair!” Gerard pouted, “Why?”

“I know you too well Gerard, and I know Frank will look after Lily.”

“Well, maybe if you knew what Frank and Lily have been doing lately,” Gerard said, just before Lily kicked him in the back.

“Jesus!” he roared, angrily, doubling over, “What the hell?”

“I saw a… bug… on your back,” Lily cried, Donna watching in interest.

“Okay… well, I’ll see you in a few days… and Frank?”

“Yes?” I cringed.

“We’ll be having words pretty soon, yes?” she said, a playful smirk on her face as she left, leaving instructions on a piece of paper pressed into my palm, “Any way, I must go, I’ve already let down too many people today… I can’t be late.”

“Who did you let down?”

“Mrs Allman. She wanted me to watch Quinn tonight but I had to decline,” she said.

Lily stared at her mother, watching as she dashed out into her car and onto the road. She turned slowly to look at me.

“Right, whatever my Mom just said was bull shit. I’m in charge,” Gerard said, loudly as he stomped into the kitchen.

“Oh is that so?” said Mikey, “Well, who votes Gerard in charge?”

Gerard waved his hand in the air frantically.

“Who votes Frank?”

Mikey and Lily raised their hands.

“Frank it is,” Mikey winked at me, playfully slapping Gerard’s shoulder.

“So, I’m on charge?” I said, grinning.

“Yep,” Mikey smiled.

“Sweet,” I said, venturing into the cupboard for chocolate sauce, “What shall we do first?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for spelling Quinn's second name wrong, if I did.
Comments? Another update coming in a few minutes... as a present as I seem to be refusing to update. :)
xo