Status: Changed the story line a bit. New Preface.

Winter's Tears

Drug Found Darkness

When the darkness finally lifts, she opened her eyes only to find more darkness. The room had no lights, it was entirely blacked out. Which would have been confusing if it wasn't for the pounding in her head, which made her thankful for the lack of light. Reaching up she tried to rub her eyes but binds laced their way across her wrists.
 
What the hell.
 
Her head pounds as she struggles to sit up. More binds. They rope around her chest, and legs. She pulls against them, whimpering against their hold. Fear trickles through her as I struggle against their grasp. She realizes that these aren't soft either, they're cold and some sort of steel. Almost like shackles.
 
"Winter, settle down, don't make me sedate you" comes a soft voice. The tone careful, almost gentle.
 
She tries to find her words but she can't. They're locked in her mind, her broken mind that is a confused mass of broken memories and thoughts.
 
"Don't try and speak dear, your in Rose Hill Mental Hospital. Your safe, rest Winter."
 
Mental hospital? She could hardly concentrate on the woman's words as fear and anxiety raced through her. She can't remember why she's here, she can't remember anything.
 
Soft grey light pours through the room, as the door opens. After a series of bolts being pulled back, the sound harsh in the too quiet room. She catches the outline of two figures beside the door, and the woman close to the bed. A fourth person entered the room.
 
"How is she?" Came from the figure, a males voice, one that made her heart pound faster with fear. His words are crisp and almost uncaring. His eyes flick over her bed, although she can't see his eyes, they're just black smudges, hollows where they should be.
 
"We may have to sedate her, her heart rates going up and she's getting more worked up." Said the woman with a soft sigh.
 
"She's always like this after a treatment, from now on we'll sedate her after every shock. I can't have her getting stressed and mucking up this trial. Do you understand Jane?"
 
"Yes Doctor." The woman said with a soft sigh again as she moves towards the bed. Winter curl's away from her the best she can. But the binds hold her in place, their strength unrelenting. Her fingers brush Winter's arm and she felt a bite on the inside of her wrist.
 
Her eyelids soon droop and she does her best to struggle against it. She didn't want to sleep, she knew she needed to stay awake. Even when her body aches, every muscle aches with a deep dull pain. Her head, pounds with every breath. She fights it.
 
She struggles against the binds again but whatever the woman drugged me with, is strong. To strong. and before long she's pulled back into the darkness once more. And away from the confusion and pain.
confusion and pain.