‹ Prequel: Trapped
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Temporary

Home and Then Some

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

My eyes fluttered open as the nurse let the morning sunlight pour into my room. I really wanted to be asleep right now, but then I remembered that today I got to go home. No more hospital food, no more icky bathrooms, no more beeping noises echoing through the room. I was finally going to be with my family.

“Good morning Ms. O’klimin,” the nurse smiled at me, and though I was grumpy as Professor Snape, I smiled back before a huge yawn came from my lungs.

“G’mo’nin,” I said through my yawn, stretching my arms up over my head. She took a look at my clipboard and smile.

“It looks like you get to go home today,” she sounded excited for me, “Is somebody going to be picking you up,” she asked, starting to mark on the sheet.

“My boyfriend,” I laid back down onto the bed, my body begging me to let it go back to sleep.

..::Jimmy’s P.O.V::..

I grabbed my keys as I started heading out of the door. I was going to see if Harper and Zacky were going to come with me to the hospital today to pick up Parker and Kellin. I was starting to get overly excited, since I hated seeing Parker in there. I locked the door, and started walking towards my car, when a very unfortunate familiar voice filled my ears.

“Hey, Jimmy,” she came up to me, “fancy meeting you here,” I straightened up and turned to her.

“What are you doing here,” I asked, wide eyed.

“I was just walking down the road. You remember me, right,” she asked, biting down on her lip.

“Sarah, right,” I asked, then turned back to my car.

“No, Madison,” she corrected me, “So’s this where you live,” she kept asking me questions.

“No, this is a friend’s house,” I mustered up the lie, hoping she would take it so she wouldn’t show up at my door one day. Oh yeah, that would improve my relationship with Parker so much.

“So, about those drinks,” I got into my car, and closed my door, backing out, and heading down to Zack and Harp’s place. I parked in front of their house, and left my car running so I could just go in and get them. I knocked a few times, but nobody answered. Rumor has it that Harper’s kind of been glued to the Playstation, so I just walked in, and ran up the steps.

“Z-“ I was cut off by the scene that was in front of me. Matt had his arms around Harper, who immediately pushed him away from her.

“He attacked me,” she ran over to me and started clinging onto my arm. Matt turned to me, and after a look of disbelief, he scowled.

“Not a fucking word, Jimmy, or I’ll kill you,” he hissed and stormed out. A few minutes later, Zacky came in, and he was in the position that I was in a few minutes ago, staring at us, a glare taking over his eyes.

“What’s going on here,” he asked, his hands clenching into fists.

“Matt attacked Harper,” I told him, and Harp’s head hung down. Zacky stormed out, something about kicking the fuck out of Matt, then I remembered that I had to get to Parker, “Harp, you wanna come with me to the hospital?” I asked her and she shook her head.

“I need to go to bed,” she said, dazed. She looked horrified, and confused. I would have stayed and tried to figure this out, but I was really short on time.

“I’d love to stay and talk, but I’ve got to go get Parks,” she nodded her head, and I engulfed her into a hug before running out of the house and back into the car. I made a quick U-turn and raced down the street on my way to the hospital. I was excited that she was coming home. I was still strung over the fact that I had a kid. I found a spot as close as I could to the entry before I calmed myself down before walking inside, and receiving the papers to take to her. I took the elevator up to her room, and walked in without knocking.

“Brian?” I asked, confused as to why he was here. I mean, yeah, he was a great friend, but what was he doing here? He looked up at me from looking at Kellin and smiled.

“He’s beautiful,” he told me, and strode over to me to embrace me, “We’ve got a mini Jimmy now,” he smiled, and the corner of my mouth twitched up. I walked around him and put the papers down in front of Parker.

“Hell, I feel like I’m in prison,” she sighed before her mouth curled up into a smile.

“Well, I’m going to go! I’ll come by the house later,” Brian said, and saluted me as I looked back at him before disappearing behind the huge oak door.

“What was Brian doing here,” I asked, looking back at her.

“Just came to see if I needed anything,” she shrugged.

“Okay, I have a more important question,” I said, sitting down next to her.

“Which is,” she trailed off, and looked deeply into my eyes.

“Are you breast feeding, because I’m not that content on sharing,” I said, and she erupted with laughter.

“I hear it hurts, so no,” she said, and I sighed of relief.

“Good, because if little Kellin here got too used to it, I’d just have to, you know, put him in his place,” I smiled evilly, though I was only joking.

“Well, I assure you, that’s not happening,” she leaned her head on my shoulder as she bottle fed our kid.

“I’m so happy that I finally get to go home. Have you kept the place clean,” she asked, and I snorted.

“Last time I tried to clean I almost burnt the house down,” I reminded her, and she chuckled.

“That was a scary experience. Then you’re just dead weight, aren’t you,” she teased, and kissed my pouting lip that was protruding from my mouth, “Hold him while I fill out this form,” she carefully handed me the boy, and got up in search of a pen, and groaned in pain.

“What’s wrong,” I asked.

“Don’t ever put your penis inside me again,” she warned, and limped around until she found a pen, and started working on the release forms.

“I like your hair,” I messed with her, and she looked up at me with daggers, and I had to hold back my laugher.

“If you enjoy life, shut up,” she said, taking a harsh tone, and I hoped that she was only kidding. When she didn’t say anything after that, my heart started pounding. Was the love of my life really starting to get annoyed with me? She looked up at me and smiled, then the sunlight in my head came through, and I felt better.

..::Matt’s P.O.V::..

I sat down on my couch and put my head in my hands. We were just about caught. I didn’t know which one was worse, getting caught, or now having Jimmy think that I sexually assaulted her. I let out a sigh as I thought of all of the consequences I would have to face, all of them worth it for Harper, though. I would take a bullet for her, I would do anything for her. If that meant possibly fucking up my friendship with Jimmy, so be it. Then there was Brian. Who was he talking about? It was odd enough for him to say that he was even in love with somebody. I just hoped for my sake, and Zacky and Jimmy’s sake, that it wasn’t Harper or Parker. As I was getting more wrapped up in my curiosity, there was furious pounding on my door. I jumped as soon as it started, and questioned whether I should answer it or not. I kept a baseball bat by the door, so if I was in any danger, I would just use that. I went and looked through the peep hole. It was Zacky, and he wouldn’t hurt me. I opened the door, and greeted him with a friendly smiled.

“He-“ He stopped me by grabbing the collar of my t-shirt and throwing me up against the wall, his nostrils were flaring because of how mad he was.

“What the fuck is your problem. Why would you do that to me,” he started shoulder, and spit flew from his mouth and hit me in the face.

“What are you-“

“You fucking attacked my girlfriend, Matt. My girlfriend, not yours,” he said, and that’s what got me. I grabbed him by his collar and turned him around.

“You don’t even know the half of-“ I was cut off by a special introduction to Zacky’s fist, which made me fly backwards. I could feel the warm blood starting to flow down my face, and the red started staining the white carpet, “You know, that would really piss me off,” I said harshly pointing to the stain, “But it looks really cool,” I finished.

“Just shut the fuck up. If you ever go near Harper again I will shove my fist so far up your ass that-“

“Wait, man, I’m not into that,” I put my hands up and took a step back from him, and he groaned.

“Just stay away from her,” he growled, and stomped out of my house. I knew this was going to backfire on my seven fold, so why did I even do it? Oh wait, I loved Harper. There was no doubt in my mind about that. I closed the door and went to the kitchen to get a hand towel so I could try and stop this bleeding.

..::Brian’s P.O.V::..

I fumbled with my car keys as I walked up to the front door of Parker and Jimmy’s house. Maybe they were sleeping, or, doing something. I had second thoughts about coming over, but decided to go ahead and knock on the door anyways.

“Shit, fuck, I’ll get it,” I heard Parker say, and then some stumbling before the door knob started turning, and I was greeted by Parkers – perfect – face, “Hey,” her face seemed to have lit up, or maybe that was just my hopes.

“Hey, can I come in,” I asked, and she nodded, stepping aside.

“Hey,” Jimmy looked up at me and smiled.

“Hey, I just came to see if everything was okay,” I sat down next to him as he was holding their child. My heart ached to share something like that with Parker, though I knew it would never happen. It couldn’t. I’d like to at least be close to them, and that would be good enough. I started rubbing Kellin’s cheek with my index finger, and Parker sat down next to me.

“Would you like to hold him,” Jimmy asked me, and I looked up at him with a huge smile.

“Gee golly, would I ever!” I faked a child’s voice, and he smiled, slowly putting his son in my arms, “What’s his middle name,” I asked.

“James,” Parker said, the smile obvious in her voice.

“You going with O’klimin or Sullivan, seeing as you guys aren’t married,” I asked, looking back and forth between them.

“Sullivan,” she answered me again, her cheeks turning red. I had a small bit of hope that they wouldn’t get married, in case there was that small chance that I could ever be with her. I wanted to turn those things off in my mind and just go back to how I was before the apocalypse. Obsessed with alcohol, and sex, no matter the girl. I handed Kellin back to Jimmy and stood up.

“Well, I don’t want to feel like I’m intruding, so I’ll head on out,” I said, though I really truly wanted to stay.

“You’re not intruding,” Parker sat back and flashed me a smile.

“But you just got back, you guys need alone time,” I said before thinking. After I said that, I kind of wanted to stay longer.

“Alright, well, see you tomorrow,” Jimmy said, seeming like he was ushering me out.

..::Parker’s P.O.V::..

Jimmy had asked me if he could put Kellin to sleep. It felt like he was really trying to prove himself worthy, making me smile. He was actually trying. He came back in, silently closing the door, and slipped into bed with me.

“Isn’t it great,” I muttered.

“What,” he asked, looking up at me and kissing me on the cheek.

“I’m not fat anymore,” I shrieked, “and I can lay on my tummy,” I smiled and turned to him.

“I’m just happy that you’re here with me,” he put his arm over me and kissed my forehead, “I love you,” he said.

“I love you, too,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

shortygirl
a7x_foREVer12
NME_foREVer_6661

Guys, I am so fucking sorry that this update is late. Shannon has been caught up in...stuff these past couple of days, and I could not contact her after I realized she had forgotten to post the chapter, so, here it is.

Remember, this isn't my chapter its full property of Shannon.

Yet again, I apologize.

xoxo, Saleigh

a;dslkfjadl;kfjad;lfgjkald;gjka

Hey guys. Yesterday, I was asleep ALL day. My job is to sleep in my great grandfather's room at night and help him to the bathroom, and he decided to have to go to the bathroom a LOT, wet his bed, fall a bunch, and just be a complete dick, so I was up ALL Thursday night catering to his fucking annoying ass, so I was like, dead, and my phone also decided to break, so any text Saleigh sent me, I did not receive. Again, I am SO sorry, it was just not my day.

xoxo, Shannon.