Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

When We Die, Do We Feel Alive?

“… and in other news, Rupert Grint, the new Harry Potter star was seen last night in his local hospital with his girlfriend, Jersey Hart. Our reports tell us that she is in a critical condition, here is John Miller with the news.”

The channel cut to a balding man, no younger than sixty staring into the camera. A microphone hung loosely in his hand pointed towards a young girl who had been introduced as Katy, “I saw them rush in to the hospital. I didn’t realise who it was at first but then my friend pointed him out. He was holding a woman and she was bleeding and that’s all we could see.”

He nodded and turned back to the camera, as any good journalist would he twisted her words, “You heard it here first, Sky One.” The channel cut back to the studio, with no emotion in her eyes the newsreader continued on to the next piece.

Emma quickly shut off her television and threw her script on the coffee table that sat before her. Jumping for her seat, she threw on her jacket and ran straight out of the door, “Please God, let her be safe.” She sped off in search of the hospital, praying that she would be fine.

Leo threw down his freshly made coffee and ran from his house, the cold hitting him but he had other things on his mind. He jumped into his car, not bothering with a seat belt and raced off to the hospital. Thoughts of Jersey lying in a hospital bed, the life drained from her eyes were all he could think off.

Emma quickly parked her car and ran for the entrance, her jacket flying around her. Before she could enter the hospital she was barged to the side and lost her balance. She grazed her arms but tried pulling herself up from the floor glaring, before she noticed who had pushed her over.

“I’m so sorry, Emma. I didn’t mean to.” Leo held out his hand for her hold on to. As soon as she was balanced again, tears sprung from her eyes and she wrapped her arms tightly around him.

Flashes went off around them as security pushed them into the building, sending a select few swear words in the direction of the cameras.

“She’ll be fine,” Leo whispered to Emma, sending her a smile. He hadn’t convinced himself but he had to try and make Emma feel better, she meant everything to him. Emma laced her fingers with him and they walked towards the reception desk.

“We’re here to see Jersey Hart, we’re her friends.” The old woman nodded and pointed down the hall, “Room 2A.” The pair thanked her and weaved their way through the queue of people until they reached her room. Leo opened the door cautiously not wanting to disturb anybody in the room.

Jersey’s laughter filled the small room before her attention moved to the door that was opening; she wasn’t expecting any visitors as her Grandparents as they had left only ten minutes ago. Unless they’ve forgotten something, she thought looking around for their belongings.

Emma and Leo looked at each other confused before pushing the door open completely, both of them relieved to see her fully dressed and sitting up on the bed. No wires were going into her and Rupert was sat beside her as her face lit up when she saw the two walk in.
Emma jogged over to the bed and threw her arms around her friend, “I was so worried.” Jersey hugged her back just as hard, regretting not having phoned her but she didn’t want to cause a fuss as she was alright.

“What happened?” Leo joined them at the foot of the bed, turning his nose up at her untouched lunch that sat there before eating her bread. Jersey laughed at his antics and moved herself into a comfier position, holding Rupert’s hand in hers for support. Rupert ran his thumb over her fingers, letting her know that he was there for her; she smiled up at him and turned to her friends.

“It’s a long story, so I’ll cut it short.” Jersey smiled at them, running a hand over her stomach, “We’re having a baby, I had a threatened miscarriage but, everything’s fine. We’re fine.”

Emma’s hand flew to her mouth; she didn’t know how to react. She was shocked about both things but so happy that they were having a baby, “Jersey, that’s great news. She’s going to be a stunner.” Before quickly adding, “Not the threatened miscarriage, the being pregnant part is great news.”

“I know what you meant, Em.” She smiled at her friend before pulling her into a sideways hug, “You realise you said she, everyone keeps saying she.”

“Did I?” She looked at her confused, before she realised and laughed at herself, “I guess I just imagine you having a girl.” Emma shrugged and turned her attention to Leo, who was untying her shoe.

“Leo?” He looked up at her, and smirked, “I prefer it tied, but thanks.” She rolled her eyes and laughed, their eyes never leaving each other’s. Jersey sent a knowing smile at Rupert, who nodded his head in agreement.

“So,” Jersey pointed between Leo and Emma, “What’s going on here then?” The pair blushed and turned away from each other, looking anywhere except at the other person.

“Nothing,” They both whispered in unison.

Leo reached over and kissed Emma on the cheek, “Maybe there could be something?” He whispered into her hair so only she could hear. Emma’s cheeks turned a soft pink and she nodded her head at him. Leo beamed at her and kissed her lips quickly and pulled back, smiling from ear to ear.

“Look, Rupert. Am I brilliant, or am I brilliant?” She signalled to the couple sat holding hands.

“The best,” Rupert rested his hand on her stomach, pride shining from him as he looked into her eyes. “I’m the luckiest man in the world.” He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Naw.

Thanks to rachelMISFIT and dinosaur2016 for commenting :) I now know what is going to be in my epilogue type thing and you two will feature as a little thank you.

~Hannah.