Status: Complete

Safer to Hate Her

I Woke Up, and I Cashed In On All My Luck

All you could hear on the pier was the sound of their laughter, passers-by walked past smiling at the young pair who didn’t have a care in the world.

“No seriously!” She laughed pushing his shoulder, “if you had to between Elton John and Barry Manilow?”

“There is no way I’m answering that question!”

“Oh come on! It’s only a bit of fun, aren’t you a fanilow?” She burst out laughing again.

Rupert looked at her amazed. How can she be this happy all the time, she made him laugh effortlessly all the time. He loved that about her.

“Right, okay. I’ll do a deal with you.” He looked her in the eyes not sure whether he should test the boundaries of their friendship.

He’d had this internal battle since the moment he met her that day in October, some five weeks ago now. Every time that they’d seen each other it had taken all his self-control not to kiss her or hug her. He just wanted to be near to her all the time. He hadn’t felt like this about a girl, sure he’d had girlfriends in the past but they were no Jersey.

It was definitely time to man up though. Just like his dad used to say, “don’t ask, don’t get.” What’s the worst that could happen?

She looked at him suspiciously, “depends what it is, because there is not a chance of me one, jumping in the sea, two, getting naked, three…” he cut her off by putting his finger on her lips.

“Shut up, you talk too much.”

“Fine, what’s this deal?”

“I’ll tell you my answer and then you have to kiss me.” He was scared of her reaction, his internal battle surfaced again and now he deeply regretted asking her that question.

“You know,” she looked down at her hands whispering, Rupert could barely hear her against the waves. “You didn’t have to ask to kiss me.”

Rupert lifted up her chin with his hand until she was looking into his eyes. She was blushing and she almost looked embarrassed by what she had said. His fingers traced the outline of her jaw as he looked from her eyes to her lips, almost asking for permission.

Their eyes closed simultaneously as their lips touched for the first time. Jersey felt her insides melting at his touch; it had been exactly the way she thought it would be, so sweet and innocent.

The pulled away from each other, their faces lit up with grins as they were trying to catch their breath back.

“Wow.”

She couldn’t respond. He’d left her speechless.

He wrapped his arms around her and sung softly into her hair. He could feel his heart racing and he was sure that she could feel it too. The relief when she kissed him back, he couldn’t describe it, it’s like loads of great things mixed into one. It was perfect; she was perfect.

“What are you doing this Saturday night, love?”

“Hmm, nothing much. Probably nothing, why what do you have in mind?”

“I’m going to take us out on our first date, if that’s okay with you?” He smiled sweetly at her.

“That’s A-Okay with me!” They smiled at each other before their lips touched again.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

“What to wear? What to wear?!” Jersey screamed as yet again another outfit didn’t work. Her bedroom looked like a January sale in a clothes shop, and Hannah wasn’t helping her much.

“Can I input some advice, dearest?”

“If you must.” Barely audible as she had now ventured into the back of her wardrobe pulling out old toys, it was useless but she had run out of ideas.

“Well,” she said in a matter-of-fact voice, “when you met him, were you all dressed up?”

Jersey shook her head. “No, but…”

“Ah-ah, no buts, and did he like you then?”

“I guess so.”

“No guessing, love. He did. I don’t think he’d care if you turned up in a plastic bag, to be fair.”

“Yeah, I suppose.” She ran a hand through her hair, “but I’d care, Han. I want to look nice.”

Jersey sat back onto her floor, this was useless.

“Can I input some more advice as I am the wisest person in this conversation?”

Jersey rolled her eyes at her friend, which she ignored and continued regardless.

“Do you remember that article in Heat magazine? About dressing up jeans with a nice top?”

Jersey nodded her head.

“Well,” Hannah jumped up from the bed and walked towards her wardrobe. “I remember buying you that very nice top for your birthday and I don’t recall you ever wearing it.”

She turned sweetly back to Jersey, top and Jeans in hand.

Jersey jumped up and grabbed her friend into a hug, “you are a life-saver!”

“Yeah yeah, I’m the best I know. Just go and get changed.”

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“Jersey, your hunk’s here.”

Only Hannah could find a way to embarrass her, she rolled her eyes from the kitchen and made her way to the door.

When she got there she was greeted by a very smart looking Rupert, who had brought her a red rose.

“So cliché,” she pecked his lips, “I love it.”

They grinned at each other, not moving.

Hannah coughed, “yeah, if you wouldn’t mind I’d like to close the door before I throw up, shoo.”

“So, where are we going?”

“Well, love. That’s for me to know and you to find out!”

He walked her round the passenger side of the car and opened the door for her.

“Such a gentleman, but you missed one thing.” She looked up into his eyes, they shone down at her like she was the only person in his world at that moment in time.

He bent his head down so that their foreheads were touching, “oh yeah, and what would that be, love?” he breathed.

“This.”

Jersey wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. This wasn’t like any of their other kisses; this was full of passion as he pushed her up against his car and began kissing down her jawline.

They pulled away from each other, “I’m sorry, I won’t forget next time.”

Jersey giggled and pecked his lips again.

“Come on, we’ll be late for whatever you have planned.”

Rupert groaned jokingly and smiled at her walking round to the driver side. He was going to give his girl the best night of her life.

His girl, he liked the sound of that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, because I love you so much (and Rupert) I decided to update as I had a brill idea for this chapter.
Hope everybody had a nice Christmas!!

Thanks to the people who commented:
dinosaur2016
adwmagic
rachelMISFIT (who made my banner)

THEY FINALLY KISSED. Happy author.

©BeautifullyDepressed