Status: 8/19/12- Hiatus

Bulletproof Heart

Make Me a Rock Star

“What the fuck do I wear?” I yelled to Pru, who’d been ready and waiting for ten minutes now. I was still trying to figure out what to wear.
“Jeans and a t-shirt.” She sighed. She doesn’t understand why I’m freaking out so much.
I’m going on tour with my best friends and one of my favorite bands. It was gonna be an amazing six months.
Especially since I could run from my problems while I was there.
I finally ended up putting on sweat pants, a ratty t-shirt and sneakers.
“You’re wearing that?” Pru knew me well enough to know that I was not meeting My Chemical Romance in this outfit.
“Nope. I have a better outfit in my backpack. Let’s bounce.”
Flying is not one of my favorite things to do. I spent most of it clutching the armrest saying, “I’m gonna puke I’m gonna puke I’m gonna puke.”
I nearly kissed the terminal floor when we got in, except I just saw a guy spit on the floor and that was really gross. I did the fastest change of my life into my tightest black jeans, Vans and a black and neon blue striped off the shoulder top.
“Okay, let’s go.” We took a taxi to the record label’s office, staring out the windows as we went.
Two little girls from Jersey in L.A. Who woulda thunk? I started to hyperventilate as we pulled up in front of Reprise Records.
“Oh sweet baby Jesus. I’m about to meet My Chemical Romance.” I put my head between my knees and tried to breathe. It didn’t work and Pru almost had to drag me out of the taxi.
“Hi, we’re from Rolling Stone.” Pru said to the secretary. “We’re here for My Chemical Romance?”
“Prudence Aeryn Splendor and Viviane Midnight Lake?” The secretary asked. We both winced. How the fuck did they know our full names?
“That’s us.” I plastered a smile on my face. In the elevator I drummed on my legs nervously.
“Dude, chill out. You work with famous people all the time.” Pru muttered.
“Yeah, but I don’t live with them and they aren’t half as hot.” I ran a hand through my multicolored hair. “I just need to walk in there and be my normal cocky bitch self and everything will be fine.”
“Atta girl.” She grinned and the elevator door opened. I flipped my hair over one shoulder and strutted into the room.
“Hi.” Pru waved awkwardly. “I’m Pru Splendor.”
“I’m Vivi Lake.” I smiled at the four men around the table. Damn they’re even sexier in person.
“Nice to meet you.” Cool it Viv. Don’t go all fangirl because Gerard fucking Way said nice to meet you. Even with that adorable little boy smile. “So tell us a little about yourself.”
“Well my girl Pru over here had the idea for the road blog. I’m just the video girl. She’ll be doing interviews and photos and stuff like that.” I slung my arm over Pru’s shoulder and I felt my shirt ride up over my stomach so a sliver of skin was exposed.
Was it wishful thinking that Gerard was looking at my stomach?
--
“I’ll do video from the front, you can do the stage ones.” I told Pru while I was setting up my video equipment.
“Are you sure?” She asked.
“Babe, I don’t want you anywhere near the pit. It can get pretty damn wild.” I hugged my best friend. “Have I mentioned you’re the best friend ever?”
“Yeah I know.” I laughed until I glanced over Pru’s shoulder. “Holy hell.” My jaw was nearly on the floor.
Gerard+ sleeveless shirt nearly all the way open on the sides + tight black pants= mental shut down for Vivi.
“Vi. Earth to Vi.” Pru blocked my view of him and my processes came back online.
“I’m gonna be a vegetable by the end of this tour.” I muttered, tying my hair up into a ponytail. I could hear the crowd outside clamoring to get in. The guys were just finishing up sound check so it wouldn’t be long now until the show started.
“Hey, Vivi, Pru.” Mikey beckoned us over to where he was standing on the stage. I helped Pru get up and I was about to scramble over the edge when Gerard stuck his hand down for me. I took it and had a mental fan girl moment.
“Thanks. Stages are a bitch to get up on.” I grinned at him. Good Lord. I’m gonna be living with them for six fucking months. I may not survive this.
Frank, Mikey and Pru were waiting for us when we got over to them.
“So today’s blog is gonna be video of this show?” Pru asked.
“Yeah, that’s cool.” Gerard nodded. He was standing close enough to me that I could feel the warmth from his body.
“You ready doll?” I asked Pru. She looked on the verge of fainting.
“I just can’t believe I get to write this blog.” She leaned on my shoulder for a moment. “It’s okay. Let’s go.” I squeezed her hand before hopping back down to my spot in the pit.
It was right in the middle of Planetary (GO!), one of my favorite songs on the album, when it hit me.
A bra.
Right in the back of the head.
I didn’t look at it until a break in the songs. It was neon green and I could have used it for a hammock. It had a note pinned to it but I didn’t have time to look at it. Ghost of You was starting up and I had to start running back and forth again.
Every time one of the guys moves, I have to move too. And Gerard never stays in one place for more than ten seconds. The only one who barely moved was Ray.
It was really a MCR concert when Frank ended up on the floor. Every time, that boy ends up on the floor playing his guitar.
“That was awesome you guys!” I’d gotten a roadie to help me haul the video equipment backstage, bra included. “Oh, Mikey, this belongs to you.” I handed him the green hammock that had hit me. “It hit me in the head on its way to you.” His face flushed all the way up to the roots of his hair. “Read the note.”
You should bang me like you bang your bass :). Beneath was a phone number.
“Aww, someone wants to bang my baby brother.” Gerard laughed, slinging an arm around his brother.
“Just hope there’s no STDs on that.” Frank laughed. I stared at it and then grasped my hair with both hands.
“I need a shower. Stat.” I felt all germy and nasty, like a public restroom.
“Unless you wanna get naked around all of us, your not gonna get one for a while.” Gerard grinned wickedly.
"Well fuck. Get naked around MCR or be STD-ified. Tough choice." I put on my own wicked grin. “Pru, wanna shower with me?”
“Yes!” The guys all yelled and they fell silent when I raised one eyebrow at them.
“Sure Vi.” Pru grabbed my hand and we ran off down the hallway.
“I’m videotaping!” Frank yelled after us.
Little did they know I’m a master at finding a shower without removing all my clothes and that my magic backpack has all the stuff I need.
Frank came in, video camera in hand and the rest of the band following him to find Pru and me stripping down to our underwear.
“Oh fuck no!” I grabbed the nearest thing, which happened to be my shirt and pitched it at him. Pru was similarly throwing things at them: soap bottles, my makeup bag, whatever we could find, until they finally got out.
“Well now that we shot the beginning of a porno, let’s get sudsy!” I filled the sink and a bucket with water before soaping up my hair.
I was almost done with my ‘shower’ when I got a brilliant idea. I got a handful of soap bubbles and stuck my head out the door.
The guys were just kinda hanging out in the hall, waiting for god knows what.
“Hey Gee.” He turned to look at me and I blew the bubbles on him. I closed the door, but I was pretty sure he got a pretty good view of me in my soaking wet underwear.
“Hey Vi. Is uh, Frank single?” Pru asked as she was drying her body off. I poked my head out from under the towel I was using on my hair.
“I think he’s married, but they might be separated. I’ll use my psycho fan girl powers and find out for sure.” I grinned widely. “Look who’s got the hots for a rock star. Bet Justin Beiber doesn’t look that hot.”
"It's Justin Timberlake, get it right! I'm not a pedo!” Pru smacked me with the towel and I yelped.
“Tell me you’re whipping each other in there.” Frank’s pleading voice came through the door.
“Pru fucking whipped me with a towel. Jack off to that.” I rubbed the spot on my leg where she’d whipped me. “That fucking hurt Pru.”
“Sorry.” She went to give me a hug and slipped on the wet floor, making us land in a tangle of limbs on the floor. The door swung open and we both must have looked like a deer in the headlights.
“Sweet!” Frank cheered like a little kid.
“Very nice.” Gerard was leaning against the doorway, a smirk planted on his face.
“You’re not gonna believe me if I tell you, so just fuck off and get Pru the hell off me.” I was already in a pair of short shorts, so it didn’t bother me they saw my bra. Mikey helped Pru up and then gave me a hand up.
“The one gentleman around.” I kissed his cheek and grabbed my shirt from my bag. "Anyone else thinking of taking their clothes and running?" Frank asked.
“Only if you want your ass kicked by a very angry pair of girls. And Pru was on track, so I’m pretty sure she could catch you.” I pulled my shirt over my head and picked up my bag. Pru was already dressed and ready.
"That alone might make it worth it." Frank waggled his eyebrows suggestively.
“Go ahead and shower boys. Some of you look like you need some alone time.” I swung my hips a little more as we walked out the door.
“We’re never gonna live that down are we?” Pru moaned, her head in her hands.
“They thought it was hot, so I think it’s cool.” I shrugged and hugged my best friend. “This is gonna be so much fun, this tour I mean.”
The guys were done showering pretty fast and we piled into the bus. Turns out Pru and I would be sharing a bed in the back of the bus, which wasn’t a problem for us. When we had our first apartment together we actually had to share a bed for about a year because we couldn’t afford a bigger apartment.
We dumped our stuff in the back and went up to the front where they were passing beers around.
“Hey, don’t leave us out boys.” I snagged a beer for myself and looked around. “That looks like its just juice.” I murmured to Pru. She didn’t drink and half the time I didn’t blame her. Lots of crazy shit happens when I get drunk and she always has my back.
“Let’s play Truth or Dare.” Mikey slurred out a while later.
“Maybe it’s the amount of alcohol I’ve consumed, but that sounds like a good idea.” I mumbled. Even Pru looked like she was tipsy and I had no idea why.
“Vivi, truth or dare?” Frank had a weird grin on his face. I really needed to stop drinking this shit.
“Dare.” I could handle most dares.
“Make out with Gerard.” Now I understood the grin, but I was way too drunk to care. I stood up and made my way over to Gerard, plunking myself right down in his lap. He looked a little uncomfortable, but I was, again, too drunk to care.
You’d think the kisses would be super sloppy, but it wasn’t. Damn that man could kiss. He bit down gently on my bottom lip so I’d open my mouth, which I did willingly. I tangled my hands in his hair and sat up so I was almost straddling him. I barely heard cheering from behind me and I pulled away finally as my judgment came back online.
“I think I broke him.” Gerard’s eyes were wide and his mouth was hanging open. He shook himself and came back to earth. I barely paid attention until it was Pru’s turn.
“Pru, truth or dare?” Gerard asked.
“Dare!” She’s actually, legitly, drunk. I can’t believe she’s actually been drinking.
“Give Frank a lap dance.” I was shocked when she actually got up to do it. I won’t go into the gory details, but I’m pretty sure Frank needed some alone time after that.
“Okay, Pru and Vivi beddy bye.” I hoisted Pru up and supported her on our way to bed. I was too lazy to get real pajamas, so I went to bed in my bra and short shorts.
If this is life on tour, make me a rock star and I’ll live like this forever.