What Lies Beneath

The Rule

Evie POV

I walked off the Avenged Sevenfold bus with a light flush across my cheeks as I started walking the short distance over to the crew bus but I was stopped short as Sean walked briskly past me; I walked him walk off and even though we don’t get along I knew something had happened so I continued to walk onto the crew’s bus.

“Hunter I thought you knew the rule about making out or having sex, you always close and lock the door or at least put a sign up” Jamie said to Hunter in the back room of the bus so I made my way over to them; Hunter was sitting on the couch while Jamie stood in the doorway looking down at her.

“I know the rule Jamie but I wasn’t really thinking… can we not talk about this please” Hunter said to him as I appeared beside him; it didn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what Jamie just walked in on which explained why Sean was all silent.

“Jamie stop, we’ll talk about this lately if we have to. Besides it’s not like you haven’t been in a position like this” I said to him before he could say anything else because I knew how protective he’d get; he turned into an older over protective brother when it came to guys and me so I knew he’d be the same with Hunter.

“That’s different Evie and we both know it, besides you didn’t just see what I saw. Sean was all over her and his hands were…” Jamie trailed off but he couldn’t finish what he was saying because he shuddered at the memory of it; I rolled my eyes at how he was acting before I pushed him out of the room.

“Go find something else to do… are you alright Hunter?” I asked her softly as I sat on the couch beside her; she didn’t seem too upset about what happened which was good and she wasn’t hiding away in embarrassment.

“Yeah I’m fine, just a bit confused actually. Sean and I were just kissing so I don’t understand why he left, jumping away from me sure but leaving” Hunter said to me lightly as she thought about this in her head; I knew I wouldn’t be able to give her any good advice on this one.

“Maybe he was embarrassed that Jamie walked in on you two, but when it comes to guys I don’t think we’ll ever truly understand them” I said to her to try and reassure her that things would be fine once Sean came back; he probably just needed some fresh air to clear his head and have a think about things.

“I hope that’s all it is because I don’t want to lose him as I friend, I mean with how he is with Rob now I don’t think he can afford losing another friend” She said to me as she leaned back on the couch and ran a hand through her hair; I knew she didn’t want to lose Sean as a friend or as a possible boyfriend.

“When he comes back just take him somewhere private and just have a talk about what happened and why he walked off, I’m sure he’ll have a good reason” I told her softly as I watched her eyes run over me and take in my appearance; I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat as a smirk start to form on her face.

“You do know that your hair is messy at the back right? Like you were laying down and someone ran their fingers through it” Hunter said to me with a knowing look on her face which caused the blush to come back to my cheeks; I never was one of those people who could think quickly on their feet or use a white lie to cover up something.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but yes I was laying down on the couch when I was talking to… Jimmy” I said as I looked away from her and stood up from the couch before I walked out of the room; I quickly ran my fingers through my hair to smooth it out before anyone else noticed and figured out why it was messy.

“What were you talking to Jimmy about?” Hunter asked me as she followed me through to the front of the bus and I could hear the smile in her voice; like she knew what I had been up to when I was over on the Avenged bus which I really hoped she didn’t know.

“Just stuff… the interviews that the guys did this morning, what questions were asked… just normal stuff, nothing super exciting” I said to her as I tried my hardest to act natural and cover myself but I knew she’d keep asking my questions until I told her; but I was going to keep my lips sealed for as long as I could.

“Come on Evie you can tell me the truth, I know you weren’t talking to Jimmy when your hair got messy and you’re blushing” She said to me happily as she put together a scenario in her head of what I could have been doing; I wanted to tell her so we could have a good girly talk about it but I couldn’t because I was slightly confused as well.

I didn’t even reply to her after that because I couldn’t think of anything else to defend myself and I hated lying to my friends even if it was just a small white lie; I was the worst liar in the world which is why Hunter knew something else had happened. I walked off our bus with her right behind me which caused her to run into me when I suddenly stopped walking; I saw Brian sitting in the space between the two buses having a smoke and hanging out with Jamie, Zacky and Johnny.

“Hey ladies come join us, we’ll get you both a chair” Johnny said to us with a smile as he waved Hunter and I over to join them but my eyes where fixed on Brian who was smiling at me; my heart started to pound in my chest as yet another blush formed my cheeks as I turned around and started to walk away.

“Evie? Tell me what’s wrong right now” Hunter demanded from me as she walked after me and grabbed a hold of my arm to stop me; I don’t know why I couldn’t face Brian now because he was one of my closest friends.

“I didn’t talk to Jimmy but I was talking to Brian, then suddenly he leaned closer to me and kissed me. I kissed him back and… well you can guess what happened after that, you and Sean were doing what we were doing” I said to her in a soft mumble as I turned around to face her as I spilled what happened; I should be happy about Brian finally making a move but I didn’t know what was going to be our next step.

“That’s amazing news Evie, why aren’t you happy about this? Isn’t this what you wanted?” Hunter asked me as her smile faded from her face as she saw that I wasn’t happy; I was happy on the inside but that wasn’t coming through because I was a bit upset at the same time.

“Of course this is what I want but Brian didn’t really say anything after we finished, I mean I don’t know if we’re just staying friends or if we’re together” I explained to her softly as I leaned back against the wall of the venue; I noticed a frown formed between her eyebrows before she walked away from me.

I just stood in my spot waiting for her to come back but she didn’t because she has sent Brian over to me instead which caused the butterflies to go crazy inside my stomach; I straighten up slightly as I pushed myself off of the wall and looked up into his gorgeous dark brown eyes that I always got lost in.

“Hunter told me what you said to her and I’m sorry Evie, I wanted to talk to you but I couldn’t when the guys walked onto the bus” Brian told me in his amazing deep voice that sent a shiver down my spine; he was standing so close to me that I could smell his aftershave that I brought for him on his last birthday.

“It’s fine Brian really, it doesn’t…” I trailed off but he cut me off by gently placing his finger against my lips to stop me from talking; I locked my eyes onto his as he placed his hands on my hips and gently pulled me closer to his body and I thought my heart would break through my chest at any second.

“I’ve always wanted you to be my girlfriend Evie” Brian smiled down at me as he held me against his warm body; within seconds he had pressed his soft lips against mine as I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck as we stood there sharing a loving and tender kiss which I would never get sick of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Evie's Outfit

Please Comment!