Status: Sequel is up and running, check it out!

If Only We Could Be Us

Munro

I had to take a train and plane to get the academy. Apparently it is on some random uninhabited island so that regular people wouldn’t know anything about us. When I got to the school Claire showed me to my dorm. I was going to be sharing a room two boys. One is named Mitch and the other is Jack.

“So Munro,” Mitch said with a smile, “the staff made your schedule the same as mine so that you won’t get lost. Before we go to first class Jack and I have some things we need to discuss with you.”

“Okay,” Jack spoke for the first time since I got here, “keep your stuff on your side of the room. Also, please clean up after yourself. Everyone in the jaguar clan has to wear black and a pendent of a jaguar. It’s your first day, so you won’t get in trouble for not having you colors, but you will need the pendant. ”

He tossed a small box. I opened it to see my new necklace. It was a small silver jaguar held up on a black chain.

“We have free time every day from three until seven and my boyfriend comes over to hang out most days.” Mitch explained.

My head shot up when he said this.

“You’re gay?” I ask.

Jack stood up from his bed. “Do you have a problem with that? ‘Cause Mitch is my best friend and I swear if you-”

I cut him off, “No. I was just curious because I’m gay too.”

“Well you don’t have to hide that here.” Mitch smiled, “No one cares if you’re gay or straight. The only thing people care about here is what clan you’re from. Since all of us are jaguars here, we have to look out for each other. We tend to get picked on quite a bit considering we are the weakest.”

“Mitch,” Jack nudged his friend, “We are going to be late to first class if we don’t leave soon.”

“Right, well Munro, our class is kind of far away so we should get going.”

Mitch exited the room and I followed him out the door. We made our way outside and started walking towards a white building with a small sign that said “History of Shifters” on it. Apparently this going to be my first class and kids from every clan would be in here.

As soon as I walked into the door I made my way to the back of the room. Mitch suggested this because I was the new kid and he didn’t think I would want too much attention. He was right. Ever since the…. accident… I haven’t exactly wanted to talk to anyone. Mitch and Jack seem cool enough, so they will probably be some of the only people that I actually end up talking to when I’m here.

Quickly after I sat down everyone started to whisper. They were saying things like, “Fresh meat. Bet you twenty bucks I can kick his ass” and “Oh look, we have a new kitty in school.”

Why the hell was everyone calling me a frekin kitty! I’m not a cat! Well, technically I am, but not a stupid little house cat! Ugh people are just so… annoying. I continued to listen to the rude comments people were saying until I saw him walk into the room. Purple hair and a bunch of piercing. Wow this kid was definitely out to piss off the world. He sat towards to front of the room and after a few minutes he turned around and looked straight at me. Wow. He was just… beautiful. We continued to look at each other until a few boys sitting around him called him to attention.

“Yo Shayne! A bunch of us are going to watch a few movies during free time, want to come?” One asked.

“Yah sure, sounds cool.” The purple hair boy answered.

So his name was Shayne. Interesting. I wonder what clan he is from. I’m still not exactly familiar with this school, so I have no clue how to tell. I guess I will find out eventually. My thoughts were quickly interrupted by the teacher calling everyone to attention. As soon as he started to talk, I tuned him out. This was going to be a long first day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yah well... I feel like this sucks... I was trying to update quickly so I will fix it later.... Munro will et better I promise! Comment and subscribe!

~Shotinthedark705~