Status: Active, Comments will help move the story along<3

Motion Sickness

Hidden Agenda -Ryland's POV

After slamming the hundredth door in my way today, I slumped back onto my bed. A bad day that started staring at the ceiling ended exactly the same because this horrid day would end. Here and now. I grudgingly snatched my cell phone out of my pocket.

You have 5 min. to come over. I texted James, the only person I could stand to be around for more than a minute.

I dragged myself off the bed and dropped my cell onto the floor not caring if it broke and actually hoping it did. Right after a needed shower, I searched my closet for my black long sleeved shirt and put on sweats to match. I’d devise a plan to ruin Zoey’s night at the dinner and yes, that means I’d be going.

With a sigh, I walked back to my bed which, to my surprise, wasn’t made and grabbed my phone. I dropped it into my pocket and made my way downstairs.

The kitchen was hectic. The whole place was crawling with people in white. How had I missed this when I walked in earlier? Whatever. This could be useful.

“Rose.” I called.

Rose was our regular house keeper. She was always around somewhere. Rose stuck her head out from the middle of a curtain of bodies. “Yes, Mr. Peters?”

“I’m hungry.” I stated dryly. Her blue eyes widened in understanding.

“Right away, sir.”

Sir. I sort of needed to hear that. At least people here hadn’t lost their minds.

Now for entertainment... in the corner of my eye I spotted a short pretty girl who appeared younger than the rest of the people there. A smile made its way onto my face and I walked over there like a boss. I couldn’t say the same for the blondy in front of me. She bit her lip and glanced up at me through her lashes which told me she most likely had a low self esteem.

“Are you serving tonight?” I asked with a hint of a suggestion in my voice.

She feebly nodded. If messing with Zoey doesn’t satisfy me tonight this pretty thing will. My day? Officially made. Until of course-

“Mr. Peters?”

I turned around almost annoyed. What was she doing interrupting me? Rose stood and held a plate of something resembling pasta out to me. There was a tall old guy standing behind her asking her where to put the big bowl of pudding mix stuff. I could feel the headache from this morning making a second impression and frankly I wasn’t in the mood to be standing there.

I left the room with the plate and poked at it with the fork trying to figure out if the animal parts in this shit were shrimp or… something. Most likely shrimp.

I left the plate at the stand by the front door and walked away deciding I wasn’t hungry after all.

My mother walked in right then and I swear I think she had a heart attack at the sight of the pasta greeting her.

“Rose!” She yelled.

I backtracked my way into her line of sight and smiled. “Mother, how has your day been?”

She glared at me while rubbing soothing circles into her temples. “Too bad that won’t make the wrinkles go away.” I muttered.

“What?” She asked.

“Oh, nothing.”

“Go make yourself useful Ryland and invite Taylor to the dinner.”

I almost gagged. Like hell I’d invite Taylor. “I’ll pass.” The whore would fuck shit up for me but my mother for some reason liked her. I’m guessing it’s because they’re the same, two faced and all.

“Yes, Mrs. Peters?”

My mother looked ready to strangle Rose. All she could do was point at the pasta. “Dispose of it. Now.”

“I-It’s Mr. Peters’, ma’am.” I glanced between the two. I saw that my mother was the definition of scary and Rose was visibly scared. It worked out perfectly for my mother to have someone to abuse and yell at because that meant she wasn’t abusing and yelling at me. I stifled a laugh. God Rose, grow a pair.

“I didn’t ask to whom it belonged to. I said get rid of it.” My mother repeated impatiently.

I laughed with a shrug and winked at Rose. She made her exit and I got ready to take on the wrath of the she-devil.

“About the dinner mom.” It was far too difficult to say mom. “I invited James.”

I knew I was wearing down on her patience. “Why on earth did you invite him? He won’t know how to behave. Social status matters, Ryland. Now call and make an excuse.”

Her stature was sickening. She stuck her nose up at me, pursed her lips and held her hands on her hips. I expected as such. I wouldn’t take no for an answer, though.

“He comes or I won’t.” My mothers face scrunched in anger. “It’s not up for discussion.”

“Then I’m not coming.” I said this slowly so I could see her face change accordingly.

I knew I won when she walked away. “Make sure he’s presentable.” She hissed.

Part one of my plan? Check. Where’s Blondie? I could use a play thing right about now. I made my way to the kitchen entrance and she was standing by the island counter which was just close enough for me to pull her away. She tripped a little and fell into my arms. The girl squirmed startled and straightened herself out.

“What are you doing?” she whispered fiercely. “I could get fired.”

“Keep me company and I promise you won’t.”

She looked around unsure but didn’t realize that Rose was right behind her. I chuckled and caught her eye. I put my finger to my lips and dragged Blondie away before she realized who I was making gestures at.

She was a hot little thing. I sure as hell didn’t want to waste time so I went straight for my room. “What’s your name?” I asked not really interested with her name but far more interested in what she was hiding underneath all those layers of clothes.

She was distracted staring at the walls where pointless family pictures were hanging for show. I snapped my fingers in her face to get her attention. “You have a name?” I asked again.

“My name’s Sophie.” I smirked. Sophie sounded like the perfect name to scream in bed.

I opened the door to my room for her so she could enter first but she hesitated. “After you.” I tried to hide my impatience.

“I don’t think this is a good idea…” she muttered.

So she was one of those girls. Sophie, Sophie, Sophie, rule number one: Never say no to me.

“You’re really pretty.”

I took her hand and gently tried guiding her through the door. She shook her head but didn’t protest when my lips landed on hers. I kicked the door closed with my foot and backed her up onto the bed. She yelped a little at my wandering hands and squeezed her eyes shut even though I was being extremely gentle. I let out a raspy laugh and went back to kissing her. Her face turned pink as was her neck. Her neck was soft. I wouldn’t be surprised if it bruised easily. I’d keep that in mind for the many hicky’s that would appear later on. I ran my hands down to the hem of her shirt and trailed up to the clasp of her bra. Her eyes widened and she quickly moved her small hands up to my chest and pushed me away. Yea, the bitch pushed me away.

“I-I can’t. I’m sorry.” Sophie didn’t seem sorry. I tilted my head and watched her tight little ass as she walked away from me; leaving me on the bed with not so much as a hard on.

“You’re making a mistake.” I sang out more amused than irritated. Fuck it, she’d regret it anyway.

It was 5:30 and dinner was in thirty minutes. That left just enough time for me to get ready. My mother’s idea of ready was a white button down shirt with dark jeans. I didn’t exactly wear regular jeans. They looked awkward but I had semi-skinny jeans; Semi because they didn’t hug my balls which was uncomfortable as fuck.

I threw on the appropriate articles of clothing and did as told by brushing my hair. It wasn’t pleasant.

“Ryland!” I flinched. What the fuck now? Was she ever pleased?

She came into my room looking a step away from killing me. My mother looked ready to kill everyone in the damn house actually. I’m glad to know the urge to kill was inherited from her.

“Is something wrong?”

“Your charity case looks a mess. He can not stay.” This coming from the woman wearing big ass diamond earrings and designer clothes. Everyone was a charity case to her. She clenched her teeth.

I wasn’t about to stand there and listen to her rant. I’ve done enough of that already. I couldn’t tell if she was appalled or shocked when I ignored her but I’m thinking it was a mixture of both.

James was leaning against the wall looking bored when I got down the stairs. He heard me coming, looked up and broke into laughter. “What the fuck are you wearing?”

“Watch your mouth.” My mother snapped not far behind me. James raised his eyebrow and snuck a cocky smirk at her before apologizing.

“What’s for dinner?”

We walked far enough away so that there was no one to over hear before I answered. “Blondie for me and I’m sure we’ll find someone for you.”

“Hmmm. Blondie?” He questioned.

“Short, very hot, a little stubborn.”

The beginning of a very interesting night. My mother’s trill high voice and the sound of the door opening cued me in that the guests were just arriving.

“Holy shit.” James breathed out. I followed his eyes to what he was staring at open-mouthed.

The Thompson's stood there appearing to be a quaint little family with stupid smiles plastered on their faces. Zoey was what James was staring at of course. She stood there showing off her sexy legs in a very complimentary red dress that matched her red hair and brought out the light blush in her cheeks.

I pushed James aside and decided to be a ‘gentleman’. I smiled charmingly.

“Mr. and Mrs. Thompson, you both look lovely.” They smiled unaware of my hidden agenda.

I took Zoey’s hand despite her resistance. “Pretty red dress.” I leaned in close. “It’s just too bad it doesn’t hide all the rolls.” I whispered. She narrowed her eyes at me.

Looks like the attention whore had outdone herself because Zoey Thompson looked hot and for some unfathomable reason it pissed me the fuck off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave comments and subscribe and stuff, yea?
Special thanks to breathecassidy for making the layout:] It's very much so appreciated.