‹ Prequel: Four More Days
Sequel: We'll Fight Through
Status: Sequel to Four More Days

The Past Is Behind Us

Think With A Guitar

:::Cassidy:::
I woke up the next morning and touched my lips, blushing at the memory of last night. I pushed off the covers and got up, going to the bathroom and doing what I needed to before climbing into the shower. After my shower, I dried off and got dressed doing my make up and drying my hair before letting it do its natural waves and putting on a knit hat.

I paid extra care to my make up, I'm not sure why.

Content with my appearance, I left the room and headed down stairs. I think I slept in, because everyone is dressed and fully awake.

“Morning sleeping beauty.” The Rev greeted me, taking my hand and kissing my knuckles.

I giggled and when he walked away I looked at the clock. It's noon. Holy shit.

I had some toast then watched Johnny come in and get a beer. I sat at the table and tapped my fingers on the table.

The Rev came in and got a beer. I had an idea. “Hey Rev?”

He looked at me. “Drum lesson?” He put his beer down, come over to me and took my hand. “Lets go!” He ran down the hall, with me struggling to keep up.

---time lapse 2PM---

My arms and feet hurt. Playing the drums is to much work! I went into a living room and colapsed on the couch.

Johnny was reading a book, sitting in a chair, beer on the table.

“Where is everyone?” I asked.

“Zacky, Syn and Shadows are on a job.”

Right. I forgot they are still a gang, killing, stealing, robbing...
Then a question hit me. “Why didn't you and Rev go?”

He looked up from the book, his eyes showed a lie coming. “We didn't want to.”

Bullshit.

“Oh.” I sprouted a plan.

“Cassidy!” The Rev called.

“What?!” I yelled, far to lazy to get up.

“Come here!”

“Why?!”

“Because!”

“Why?!”

Johnny smirked, noticing what I was up to.

“I want to talk to you!”

“Why?!”

“Because Johnny isn't cool enough to know!”

I opened my mouth and looked at Johnny. “Can't argue that.”

He looked appalled and I winked at him, leaving to see what The Rev wanted that was so damn important.

He was sitting on the kitchen counter, sipping his beer. “What?” I asked.

“Why?”

“Why what?” I asked.

“Why?”

“Why what?!”

“Why!?”

I finally understood, he was giving me a taste of my own medicine.

I smirked and leaned against the counter. “So where is everybody?”

He choked on his beer for a moment, coughing slightly.

“Checking on things.”

“What things?” I inquired.

“Uh, the electric company, making sure we keep getting free electricity.”

Don't EVER say 'uh' when you lie, it makes it more obvious.

“Oh, okay.”

He relaxed.

I stood and headed for the music room. I grabbed a guitar randomly before plugging into and amp.

I began to play neat little licks as I thought.

Why are both Johnny and The Rev lying to me? Where are Syn, Zacky and Shadows? What to important for them to tell me? Maybe I could help. I don't like being lied to, I don't get mad I get...up set. In fact I feel kinda betrayed.

I kept thinking and ripped random solos.

:::The Rev:::
Holy shit, I was so nervous. I thought I wouldn't be able to come up with something to say. I hope she doesn't suspect anything.

But, I suppose I can tell you.

The guys went to run a double check on the security, the tree cameras and shit. We always double check Johnny's work. I bet Zacky is doing the cameras, Synyster is helping him and Shadows is debating on if he should tell Cassidy's allies about this.

Shadows normally knows whats best, so I support his decision.

Johnny and I are here to keep an eye on Cassidy, we all know she'd sneak out if she wanted to.

I can hear Cassidy's guitar playing as I finish off my beer. I wonder if she's like Zacky, and thinks with a guitar. I hope not, if she is I think she suspects my lie.

I don't lying to her, but Shadows is right. We need to protect her, and if she knows thats what we're doing she'll want to prove she can fend for herself. Normally that may be true, but with Pierce The Veil...no. Just no.

My cell vibrates and I flip it open to read the text

From: Shads
Hows it going?


Good, I think. She has no idea. I responed.

It wasn't long before it went off again.

From: Shads
Good. We are on our way back.


I knew a reply wasn't expected to I pocked my phone again.

I hope 'Calm before the storm' doesn't apply here. That would really suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well sorry Jimmy but, yes it does :P

Hint hint.

What do you think is going to happen? Predictions?

Next chapter will fast forward a few days. And updates my be slower because I'm particapating in my first contest. It's Black Veil brides. Give it a shot? here?

If the new layout is to hard to read let me know!