Opened Wounds

Nancy, so long and goodnight

Billie's P.O.V

I knew the path so well, yet when I got to the clearing in the middle of the forest, I stopped. Something wasn't right. The arguing team behind me noticed my sudden stop, and Mikey clung to my arm.
"What's wrong?"
I looked around, my ears picking up every sound. I bird chirruping, a deer treading softly on the dusty floor. I smelt the air. Vampire blood. Ray and Gerard must've smelt it too, because when i looked around they were gathering closer to me, making a ring around Mikey.
"Blood." Was all I said, before continuing across the path quietly. I heard a rustle in the trees and whipped my head round, but saw nothing. The dom's eyes slowly turned black as the smell of blood got stronger. I saw a slumped body cloaked in khaki green cloth, which was drenched in dired blood. I sucked in a breath and ran to the body, wiping the long dark brown hair out of it's face. She had a navy blue scarf on, which had a small symbol of crescent moon. I recognised her immedietly. Those small, bright hazel eyes, now dull and glassy. Those lightly freckled cheeks, now splatted with dried blood. Those beautifully thin lips, now drawn in a slight frown. Her body, lifeless.
"Nancy?" I said, my voice shaking. I held her to my chest and began to sob.
"Billie who's this?" Asked Mikey, crouching beside me, taken aback by the dead body.
"S-she was m-my best fr-friend in the c-circus." I cried. I then noticed a small yellow note buried in her scarf. I unfolded it and read aloud:
" Dear Billie,
We know that you know the truth of the circus, and that you will come and stop us. With luck, you will find this note and body, and take it as a warning. Go back, you are but a pathetic, lonely boy that no-one will love, not even Mikey. The Cirque Du Luna shall go on!
-Damien
"
Ray and Mikey hugged me while Gerard took the note, thinking it through.
"How does he know about Mikey? Not even mom knows! Unless....there's a spy in the palace!" He said, his face creasing into anger.
"W-we must go b-back, I don't wanna risk you getting hurt." I sniffled, goth, I was acting just like a fertile.
"No. We must stop this fuckery! Come on Billie, I'll carry you while you tell us about Nancy. Mikey smiled sympathetically and asked me If I could bring her back. I shook my head sadly, only people with life in their eyes can live again, Nancy's eyes were dull, her killer's must've removed the last spark. I got on Gerard's back and began to explain.
"When I was first brough to the circus I had very little friends, they thought I was weird, even for a vampire. Nancy took pity on me and befriended me. We did everything together, lessons, performing, you name it, she was there. I said I had to leave, get away and take a break, and she smiled and said 'See ya later Spider!" Because that's what she called me, due to my scruffy black hair. She also had a small power, she could talk to spiders. She loved them, and she loved me, but I never felt the same."
"I thought only dom's had powers?" Asked Mikey, walking beside us. Ray had caught up, after picking up my friend and putting her over his shoulder. I wanted her to have a proper burial.
"Yes, but alot of fertile's have a small power, like talking to a certain animal, or having a talent, like juggling."
"Oh."
"Here looks good." I said, hopping off of Gee's back and walking to a gathering of pine trees. Ray and Gerard began clawing at the ground, making a large hole for her to rest in, while I gathered some large leaves and Mikey covered the body in them, tying it up with some dry, but tough, grass. We left the head uncovered and I closed her eyes, before kissing her forehead and whispering:
"So long and goodnight."
We got a big piece of bark and covered her face, before lowering her into the hole. I put in a wild daisy I found in with her and began to cover the body with earth. Out the corner of my eyes I saw a trail of small black spiders, which circled the hole, before wandering back into the forest. I smiled. It was weird, I should be crying as I just lost my best friend, but I didn't, I just smiled, knowing she was safe and away from that horrible circus. Once the body had been covered we set off again. After 3 hours of walking and resting, we came to a large grassy field, with a black and white striped tent, which had a yellow crescent moon on top.
"We made it!" I cheered.
♠ ♠ ♠
N'aww poor Billie :(
Do you like the nickname I gave him? I was trying to base Nancy on that over-excited girl from the +Anima books, the one who loves the +Anima and tries to follow them in moss mountain, before getting caught by the guards and Senri, Nana and Cooro