Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

11; You Can Sing?

Brian's POV

Matt called Val and had her come over to show me how to work the washer and dryer. It actually isn't that hard, I just need to remember to put a cap full of soap, not the whole bottle. I cleaned up the mess and walked into the living room. Zack, Johnny, and Matt were interested into some game that was on the TV. Jimmy was coloring with Skye.

She noticed me and smiled, "Daddy. What's a paparazzi?"

I sent a glare at Jimmy and he threw his hands up in defense. "She wanted to know who the people were outside, so I told her. Sue me!" He grinned; that goofball grin.

Letting him slide, I looked back down at Skye. "They're people trying to ruin my life."

She went back to coloring, "Like Michelle?"

Jimmy patted her shoulder, "Exactly. Baby Gates, you're one smart girl." She smiled and continued to color her picture. The game went to a commercial and Matt looked at me, "So have you thought about what you want to do?"

I rubbed my face in frustration, "Not really. How about we just go see an interviewer tomorrow, we can bring Skye."

Matt seemed okay with it. "Alright, I'll set one up." He stood up, brushed his jeans off, and walked into the hallway to make a call.

"You know, I kind of miss being on the road." Johnny thought out loud.

Zack agreed, "Me too. I miss the fans, they may be crazy, but they're fun as hell."

Skye looked up at us, "What are you guys talking about?"

I then got questioning looks from Johnny, Zack, and Jimmy. Johnny frowned slightly, "You didn't tell her?" I shrugged my shoulders slightly, "I didn't see a use to."

Jimmy laughed, "Brian. You're a famous guitar player and you didn't think that was important to tell her." I scratched the back at my neck, not replying. Skye's eyes landed on me, "You're famous?"

Johnny chuckled, "We all are. We have a band called Avenged Sevenfold. Your Dad is the lead guitarist, I'm the bass player, Zack is the rhythm guitarist, Jimmy plays the drums, and Matt is the lead singer."

Zack added some more to that, "Oh and we all do back-up vocals."

Skye looked at me suddenly amazed, "You can sing?"

I half smiled, "I'm not great at it, trust me."

"Gates. If you weren't great, you wouldn't be singing." Matt said while walking into the room.

I looked at him, "Everything good?"

He nodded, "Yeah. We have a live interview tomorrow at 9am."

Everyone groaned at the time. I hated waking up early, everyone did. You just get used to sleeping into 1 in the afternoon on the road. I just started thinking on how the interview was going to go. What do I just blurt out, oh I have a 7 year old girl.

"Daddy?" Skye pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked over at her, "Yeah sweetie?"

"Can you play for me?" She asked and I knew she meant the guitar.

Matt slapped my shoulder, "Dude. You haven't even played for her yet? What's the matter with you?" I shrugged, "I dunno. I didn't think it was a big deal."

He rolled his eyes, "Well it is. Go get your guitar." I sighed and went downstairs into the lounge area. I looked at all of the guitars lined up on the wall. I decided to go with an acoustic. I didn't want to scare Skye with any heavy shredding Synyster Gates solo.

I walked into the living room and Skye looked up at Jimmy, "Move. I wanna be next to Daddy."

Jimmy made a fake gasp. "Fine. I see when I'm not wanted, I'll just go pick on Johnny."

Johnny groaned, "Thanks, Baby Gates." Jimmy got up and plopped on the floor in between Zack and Johnny. I sat down next to Skye while Matt sat on the love seat next to Val. I forgot she was even here, but I noticed a book in her hand. That's why.

I strummed a few notes to think of what I was going to play. I started playing Dear God and Matt started singing. I half smiled and kept playing. It got to the chorus and I jumped in to sing with him.

Dear God, the only thing I ask of You
Is to hold her when I'm not around, when I'm much too far away

We all need that person who can be true to you
But I left her when I found her and now I wish I'd stayed

Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired, I'm missing you again, oh no, once again


We finished up the song and I looked down at Skye. She had the biggest smile on her face. I chuckled, "So what do you think?"

"You have a pretty voice Daddy." She grinned and added, "You too Uncle Matt." I smiled and pulled her onto my lap. She cuddled her head against my chest, "I like that song."

I patted her arm gently, "It's called Dear God. It helps you feel better when you're missing someone." She made a 'hm' sound, and reality slapped me right in the face.

That song was going to have a lot more meaning to me when I went back on the road. I know Skye isn't going to be able to come with me, because she's just too young. Now I'm actually dreading the day touring starts back up again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (:

Thanks to the following people who left wonderful comments;
Miss.CorrCorr
honey10159
PonAndZiFan
ItsKrystal94
thisxchicksxnotxokay
foREVer a Fiction
Your comment made my day! Thank you! (:
Star Angel Thanks guys! You rock!

So I hit 40 comments & 90 subscribers! I freaking love EVERYBODY! You guys are just so amazing. I never thought I would even have more than like 5 comments on this story, and 40? Wow. <3 Also thanks to the silent readers, at least you're reading! :)