Status: COMPLETE. <3

Lost and Insecure

13; Interview

Brian's POV

I woke up to my alarm clock blaring through my ear. I sat up and seen it was going on 730. A sigh escaped my lips as I rolled out of the bed. I clicked the off button on the clock and walked out of my room to head to Skye's.

When I entered I saw Skye cuddled up to Jimmy. He had his arms around her protectively. I smiled to myself. She probably doesn't even know how lucky she is the have such an amazing Uncle. Sometimes I wonder how I can even get through life without Jimmy; he's my best friend.

I walked slowly over to them and I patted Jimmy's shoulder, "Jimmy." No response.

"Jimmy. Wake up." I shook him this time.

His eyes fluttered open, "What time is it?"

"730. Come on, you have to go home and get ready. The guys will be here in a half an hour." I said while patting his shoulder.

He looked down at Skye and smiled. I mocked his expression as he kissed her forehead and slid his long arms out from her. He got off of the bed quietly not to wake her up. We walked out of her room and I shut her door slowly.

Jimmy looked at me, "I'll see you in a bit." I nodded, "Alright, Dude." He walked downstairs and I walked into the bathroom to start showering. I took about 15 minutes to shower. The hot water was helping me wake up fully. I hopped out and dried off. I changed into a white v neck t shirt and some black ripped jeans. I looked into to mirror to decide what I was going to do with my hair. I decided to go with my usual 'Synyster Gates' look.

I spiked my hair up with some hair gel and wrapped a bandanna around my head. I grabbed a black fedora hat and plopped it on my head. I went into my room and grabbed my converse out of my closet. I slid those on and checked the time. 8:05.

I ran out of the room and walked into Skye's room. I walked over to her bed and gently shook her. "Skye, honey. You got to wake up." She stretched and opened her eyes. She looked around confused. "Where's Uncle Jimmy."

"He had to go get ready. Don't worry, he'll be back any second." I ruffled her head and her mouth made to shape of an O. I patted her shoulder, "Now come on. I'm going to pick some clothes out for you. I want you to change into them, then go brush your teeth. Oh, and grab the hair brush and a pony tail. Then bring downstairs into the kitchen. I'll make you some breakfast."

She hopped off of her bed, "Okay." I walked over to her dresser and pulled out a black t shirt that had mickey mouse on it, and I grabbed a pair of dark blue jeans. I threw them on the bed. "Change into them. Try to hurry, we have to leave soon." I said quickly.

Skye giggled. "Daddy, slow down."

I chuckled, "I wish I could." I kissed her head and walked down the stairs. I started making her favorite breakfast which was sunny side up eggs and a bagel. I heard the front door unlock and soon the guys filled my kitchen.

Jimmy grinned, "Ooh, food." He reached for it.

"That's for Skye." I smacked his hand away. He held his hand like I just burned him, and I rolled my eyes. Matt chuckled at us, "Skye almost ready?"

I gave him a nod, "She should be down any minute."

Johnny sat on the counter. "Have you thought about what you're going to say."

"Nope. I don't have a fuckin' clue." I rubbed my eyes in frustration. "I guess I'll just wing it."

I heard little footsteps and Skye appeared with her hair brush and pony tail. I pulled the bar stool out and patted it. She climbed onto it and I started brushing her hair slowly.

Zack started laughing. "You do hair?"

"Yes, Zachary. I had long hair for 6 years. Oh you were probably too drunk to notice." I replied harshly. I wasn't in the mood for shits and giggles today.

He glared at me, "What the fuck is your deal?" He asked getting offensive.

Matt gave him a calming look. "Zack. Just let it go. He's got a lot on his mind." Zack sighed and leaned against the wall; defeated. I finished brushing her hair and I put it up in a pony tail.

I patted her shoulder, "Alright eat quick. We have to leave soon." She dug into her eggs and I went into the hallway to retrieve my jacket from the closet. I pulled my black leather jacket out and slipped it on. I grabbed my aviators off of the end table and made my way back into the kitchen.

Skye was putting her plate into the sink and I looked at Matt, "Did you bring the hummer?" He nodded and I looked at Skye, "Alright sweetie. Time to go." We walked to the front door and I grabbed a jacket for her to put on.

We arrived at the place where the interview was taking place and there were tons of fans by the doors. Matt sighed, "Well. Can't hide everything." I love our fans till death, but today is just not a good day for them to be around.

Skye looked out the window. "Who are they?"

Jimmy patted her shoulder, "Our fans."

I un-buckled my seat belt. "Let's get going." We got out of the car and we heard a couple of girls scream excitedly. I walked around the car and grabbed Skye's hand. We started walking towards the door and she started to grip my hand tighter. One of the many things I learned about her is whenever she is scared she tends to hang on tighter.

I picked her up and she wrapped her arms around my neck. We got closer to the fans and Matt smiled at them, "Hey guys. Pretty sweet of you to come on out. Tell you what, we have an interview to do, so if you guys are still here when we're done. We'll take pictures and sign autographs." They all agreed in excitement and we walked inside.

Zack grinned as we walked through the door. "I miss seeing them."

Matt gave a smile showing off his dimples. "Me too." They weren't the only ones, I missed them too, but after Skye came into my life everything has changed. They're probably all excited to go back on tour but, I'm not. I don't wanna leave my little girl.

A pat on my shoulder pulled me back to reality. "You okay, Dude?" Johnny asked me.

I nodded, "Peachy." I couldn't help but let a sarcastic comment slide out.

A lady came over and told us we were on in a couple of minutes. Matt looked at me, "Alright this is how we're going to do it." Skye was going to stay backstage until, I announced that I did in fact have a kid.

We got to the little stage where our interview was taking place and I let Skye down. I knelled down so I was on her level. "Alright honey. You're going to wait here until I call you over. Alright?" She looked at me; afraid. "I'm by myself."

I mentally kicked myself for not bringing Val or Matt Berry along to stay with her. Jimmy butted in and patted Skye's shoulder. "You'll be fine, Baby Gates." She sighed but, nodded. "Okay."

The lady called for us and I kissed Skye's head. "Remember when I call you." She gave me another nod and we walked out and sat down on the chairs. Some guys came and put microphones on our shirts and the lady sat in front of us.

Apparently she was apart of some big music website, she said the name, but I forgot it. I was to busy worrying about Skye. She started off asking questions about being home, and then asked if we were going on tour soon. Matt said only is some festival comes up, other then that we we're going to be home, writing music.

She cleared her throat. "Okay now there's been some rumors floating around that Syn has a daughter." She then eyeballed me, "Wanna clear that up for us?"

I sighed. "Yeah. The rumors are true. I do have a daughter, she's 7 years old, and her name is Skylar." I smiled slightly, it finally felt real. It finally felt like I did actually have a daughter.

"Aw, that's cute, and I believe you have her here with us today. Want to bring her out?" She asked curiously.

I looked over at the curtain, "Skye. You can come out now."

She peeked her head out, but didn't move. I chuckled and Jimmy looked at her, "Baby Gates, come on. No need to be shy." She moved away from the curtain and walked over to us. I pulled her on my lap.

The lady looked at me, "She looks just like you." She looked at Skye, "You're very pretty Skylar."

She kind of blushed. "Thank you." I ruffled Skye's hair. "Well all of the fans are probably shitting their pants right now." The others started laughing.

The lady looked us, "Do you guys have a nick name for her like you guys have for yourselves?"

Jimmy butted in with a big grin on his face. "Yes. She is Baby Gates."

"Baby Gates. Has a nice ring to it." The lady smiled, "Well thanks for having this interview with us, I hope this cleared up the confusion floating around." We all said thanks for having us and bye.

We got outside and signed the autographs for the fans. They heard the whole interview so, they knew Skye was my kid now. One girl even asked if she could have a picture with her, I was about to get offensive about it, but Matt butted in before I could say anything. He let her take a picture with her and we left.

As soon as we got into the Hummer, Matt's phone started ringing and he picked it up. Since he was driving, we all just waited till he got off of the phone. A couple minutes passed and he finally hung up.

Matt smiled, "Guess who's headlining the Rock festival tour that starts next week?"

"Metallica." I picked a band off of the top of my head.

He chuckled, "That would be sweet but, nope. We are."

Zack screamed. "Awh, fuck yeah! How long is the tour for?"

Matt looked back at him, "2 months."

Johnny and Jimmy started clapping like little kids, "Yay! This is going to be so much fun."

Everyone was so happy and I was kind of too. We've played festivals before but, we never headlined. We never went to a festival tour before either. Matt called Val to tell her and I turned my head back to look at Skye. Jimmy was tickling her, which was making her giggle and smile.

I got this feeling in my stomach. I wasn't going to see her for 2 months. I felt a hand on my shoulder, "You alright, Dude?" Zack pulled me out of my trance.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine." I lied smoothly before looking him in the eye. I knew he didn't buy it, but he didn't push more on the subject. Matt finally pulled out of the parking lot and started driving. The whole way home everyone was just talking about how excited they were, while I just stared out the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh, poor Brian. :(

Thanks to the following who left comments:
foREVer a Fiction
PonAndZiFan
shortygirl


By the way I have now 50 comments, 101 subscribers, and 306 readers! <3 Oh my goodness! Thank you guys sooo much!

Image

You don't know how much this means to me. Really you're amazing. All of you, every single one who has ever read, commented or subscribed. I could sit here all day saying thanks, but that wouldn't be such a good idea.