Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 16: The phone call

Who would have thought that I, of all people would be sitting around in my bedroom, phone on the table, thinking whether I should call him or not. “He’s a teacher…I can’t, it’s not right for a student to do something like that…Wait! I’ve been ignoring the status of us right now…Then I should be able to call him right?” I mumbled to myself, pacing back and forth, static-electricity building up in my feet.
Eventually I decided to call him. *RING RING*
“Hello? Luke Hawkins speaking,”
“Are you always this formal?” I blurted unintentionally. “Ah! I meant Hey! Luke it’s me! I told you I’d get your number! Your contact name is Lucy, so it’s a disguise!” I began to speak unusually, but it didn’t seem like he noticed.
“Ah, Mark? That’s the one? Why are you calling me now?”
“Just wanted to check I had the right number Lucy!”
“Haha, okay, so what’s really up?”
For some odd reason, the conversation with Demetrius earlier flashed back to mind. “Ah, nothing, anything going on with you? I’m really bored now,”
“Well, I’m about to go back and see my family, so I was a bit surprised when you called,”
“Oh…So you’re going to see Demetrius?”
“Yeah, you know him? He’s rude sometimes, please be aware of him,”
“I could tell…”I mumbled, “If he tells you anything odd about me, don’t believe it, okay?”
“Uhm…okay? I don’t see what he would say, but whatever,”
“You seem different when you’re on the phone…more normal like. It’s nicer! I wish you’d talk like that to me usually,”
I heard mutterings on the other side of the line. “Well, I’ve got to get going now, I’ll call you later or you’ll call me? If you don’t call, just text me anything, just disguise it, okay? Bye Marina!” And he switched the conversation off.
“Bye…”
Well, I could live the rest of the day in peace; having prawn noodles for dinner makes it all worthwhile!
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's REALLY short, please excuse me for that!
Thanks again!