Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 17: The school trip

“Are you going on the trip to Berlin? I heard it’s great fun! You pay really cheap for the trip and you can do loads over there! You get a free train pass to go across the national rails! I am so going!” People chattered across the room. I was the only person in the class who wasn’t as chuffed. I could go I just didn’t know what I’d do. There would be no one there to go with. Lonely as ever. “Mari! Are you going on the Berlin trip?!” Ugh, it was Demetrius.
“No,”
“Why not?”
“Because, I haven’t got friends okay? And people would feel like they were dragging a 20 million tonne boulder if I went. I have bad ‘aura’ or ‘chakra’ or whatever that nutty witchcraft is,”
“Boo! You could join out group!”
“No,”
“Luke’s going!”
GRRRR, boy knows my weak spot.
“That doesn’t make a difference,”
“You hesitated!”
“Shut up Demetrius!” And with a stare, I sent him off to his pack of friends.
*~BREAK~*
I sat in the classroom, munching on my sandwich and listening to my mp3 player. The classroom was deserted. I was guessing this was what it would have been like when they were all gone. Or maybe I’d be thrown into a lower class just to ‘observe’ or ‘help’. I think I’d just spend my time in Luke’s office…Hey! That isn’t a bad idea! I’ve got to see him later and discuss!
*~Luke’s Room~*
“It’s not a bad idea is it?” From his expression, it was giving him some grief. “It isn’t is it? Or do you not want to see me?”
“I have a few meetings then…”
“I never meant to say I’d be with you completely! You’re always helping me, I want to help you! Ever had prawn noodles? Pasta that’s out of this world? I could make it for you! You wouldn’t have to pay for the ingredients or anything…please?”
“Ohh…Those sound nice… Okay then, I’ll let you do that, but they better be good!”
I smiled. “Okay, I’d best get going then! Bye professor!” I gathered up my equipment, smiled at him a cute smile and headed for the door.
“Marina?”
I turned around. “Yes prof?”
“Ur…never mind, see you whenever!” he hesitated.
“Bye,” And I left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short chapter! Sorry! >O<