Status: Being re-written as Honest Heat - Please check it out!

Truth Fire

Chapter 7: Make up or break down?

I waited outside the teachers lounge, working up the courage to talk to him. It felt like there was a rope tied to my guts and it was being tugged ever so slightly. Suddenly, when I made a progressive move, the rope felt like it was being towed by a car driving at 120 miles per hour. “CONSCIENCE!” I whispered loudly in my head. “What do I do? I can’t even get through the doors to the bathroom!”
“I’m not always going to be here you know?”
“Conscience…? HELP ME.”
“Just take a deep breath in and go straight to his room. If he’s inside, say hey and apologise for running out like a numpty; And if he’s not, walk in, sit down and show him you’ve come to talk business.” Two approaches and an everlasting set of endings. Apprehending the information, I turned into his room, sat down with a thump and waited. “Thank god he’s not here.”
“Marina?” I could hear the recognisable voice.
“Luke? I’m sorry for running off like a….”
“Like a?”
“L-like a…Girl!” He chuckled.
“Marina? H-Have you noticed that you are a girl?”
“Yes! Don’t take the mick! I came to talk about something important!”
“I have to apologise too. I’m sorry, that was such a dramatic scene moment. So what’s it you want to ask?” He apologised to my surprise and sat across from me.
“What’s it you’re hiding? It’s got to do with me so I have a right to know.”I put bluntly.
“Marina…I really can’t tell you. It’ll hurt you more than it would hurt me. All I can say is that you didn’t deserve to do your time.
“My what?” I had no recollection of what he was talking about.
“Marina, just promise me that you won’t ask anymore. If you want to know find out yourself. Please.”He begged, reaching out for my hand. I winced back as if he’d hurt me and I could see the sadness sparkle in his eyes. I nodded, pretending I understood, but I had no clue. I’d just have to find out for myself. My time? What did that mean?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, short sweet and bad. I like that.
Kind of.
I bet if I edited it I could change everything. I'll try.
Thanks for sticking with me so far!