Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

twenty one.

I woke up groggily with the world's worst hangover. My head was pounding and every single sound seemed like a scream. I rubbed my forehead and tried opening my eyes only to close them with a groan.

"Morning." I heard Tyler say. He lifted my head from the ground and rested it on my chest. He had two aspirins and a glass of water, "Take these."

I swallowed them down and relaxed into Tyler. He was warm and comforting, something I didn't think I'd ever learn about him. "Thanks." I mumbled, "For taking care of me."

"No problem."

I glanced at the microwave to find out it was almost noon, "Shit!" I cursed, "Cody must be freaking out!" I quickly grabbed my bag and jacket and got up only to crouch back down from the pain in my head. After trying as much as I could on my own, Tyler helped me outside and called a cab.

"Hey, Caroline.. about last night."

The way he said my name made my nervous. Not sure why, but I loved the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. Before I got carried away I took in the words he said, "Oh yeah. I was meaning to ask you what happened last night. I don't remember a thing." I confessed, rubbing the back of my neck. "Sorry."

"Oh. Uh, never mind then." He leaned away from me a bit and avoided eye contact. I decided to leave it at that. I doubt it was important anyways, especially if he'd wave it off so easily.

I gave him a nod and got into the cab.

Image

I entered the family box quietly, dressed in a brand new Hodgson jersey. The box was full of little kids and wives. There were a few siblings but they were pretty old, there with their wife or husband.

"Hi, are you Caroline?" A young looking lady asked me. "I'm Noureen." She said with a friendly smile, "Ryan Miller's wife. Ryan told me Cody Hodgson's sister would be coming to the games."

"Oh, well, thank you. I love Buffalo so far." I returned her smile.

She introduced everyone to me, including the little kids. The one I got to know the most was Farina, Ehrhoff's wife. She had two daughters and was easy to relate to, talking mostly about Vancouver and the team.

The game was exhilarating even though we lost 3-4, but were able to snag a point by heading to the shootout. Of course Tyler was the shootout winner. I felt obligated to text him with a congratulations message. Miller was flawless and I told Noureen to tell him I said he did amazing.

I went downstairs to the locker room doors and took a seat on the floor right by the entrance like I usually did. After almost twenty minutes someone finally came out. But instead of Cody it was Tyler of all people.

He spotted me and flashed me a smile as he took a seat next to me, "Thanks for the text."

"I thought it would be the least I could do." I gave him a smirk.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's toonie Tuesday guys. I'm gonna go eat now. LOL.