Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

twenty two.

I wiped away the tears that sprung at the corner of my eyes as I laughed until my stomach hurt. Tyler told me of stories with the team, and even back home in Brampton. He actually happened to have went to a high school I frequently visited for volleyball games and tournaments.

"You should meet my sisters." He said, "They're younger but I think you'll get along with them."

"Candace and Cassidy, huh? They sound nice. I'm sure they're nicer than you." I joked, bumping shoulders with him.

"Yeah, they get annoying but they're precious. I miss them quite a bit." He sighed.

"Awh, that's cute." I grinned, scrunching my nose at his cutesy talk.

By his facial expressions and the way he spoke of them, he really seemed to miss his family. Sure, Brampton wasn't as far as some place like Vancouver is, but with his career, going on a road trip or out of the way visit isn't exactly an option. He's left with them visiting him when they're not busy and staying at home during the off season.

"So you're headed to Tampa?" I said, changing subjects.

He rubbed his neck, "Yeah. Season's almost over and the playoffs are gonna start, but the Bruin's will win it again!" He said triumphantly as he held his arms high.

I let out a hefty laugh, "No way, I don't know about the Buffalo, since I just got here but my heart is still in Vancouver. It's they're year." I insisted, bumping my shoulder into his.

"I'll gladly watch you cry as they lose." He smirked, nudging me back.

I let out a tiny chuckle but kept silent for the most part. His phone let out a little vibrate, filling the void our voices did just a while ago. I listened in as he said a few pleasantries, answered a couple of questions, then promise he'd call back again.

I let my legs stretch out and gave him a sideways glance and just then Cody walked out of the locker room in a classy button up my mother sent him last month. He gestured for me to say my goodbyes and head out.

I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder before giving Tyler a thanking smile. Thanks for keeping me company. Being there while I waited for Cody and being there when I felt so new to Buffalo. "I guess I'll see you around. Try not to get lost on your way to the hotel."

"Yeah, I'll see you." He gave me a brief wave and a curt nod to Cody.

Cody led us towards the door, but I paused for a moment to let Cody take a few extra steps ahead. I backtracked a few steps to find Tyler still sitting in the same spot I had left him. He gave me a surprised look, "What're you-?"

I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss by the jaw, "Thanks. For everything." and went back to following Cody out of the arena, into the car, and back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
i hate the blackhawks. i don't love patrick kane anymore. jonathan toews isn't my homeboy no more. i wanna delete my patrick kane story. LOL jk. im just gonna avoid it until the pain goes away! D:

and sorry its kinda short. the next one is a little longer.