Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

twenty eight.

"So, how're you guys liking Boston?" Milan said, breaking the moments of silence after the waitress took our orders.

Hannah and Giselle were chatting about a game they were planning with the local university while Steph awkwardly tried to keep the conversation going, "It's really nice here. I've been here a few times but it's my first in a few years."

"Yeah. It was real easy to get used to Boston when I first started playing. A lot like home." Milan played around his fork.

"Oh right." I murmured to myself, then smiled at him politely, "You're from Vancouver."

He nodded. "Oh yeah, Ty said you're Hodgson's sister. Have you ever been to that one chocolatier on Granville Island?" He asked, suddenly interested in the conversation. I assumed he loved talking about his home.

"Chocolatas!" I smiled, remembering the first time I checked out the place.

Me and Kaylie had heard about it from a few girls in out class and decided to check it out rourselves. It was delicious and became a tourist attraction. Sure, they were a little pricey but they were beautifully made and tasty.

"Yeah. Me and my brothers went there all the time with our paychecks from summer jobs. Does the old man still own the place?" He asked.

I took in his words. The man who owned the place recently passed away, moving on the business to his son. Me and Kaylie went to visit the place one day but they were closed. The next time we came by we found out it was the day of his funeral.

I ran my hair through my hair, "Afraid not. He passed away a few months ago. His son owns it now."

I watched as Milan sat back in his seat with a sigh. "Did you ever get to know him?"

"Not really."

"He was a real nice guy. He would find leftover chocolate around the kitchen. Like bits that slipped out of chocolate molds and stuff and he'd give them to me whenever I came to just visit." He paused, "I'm sure it's still great with his son running the place." He smiled.

"Looch, when was the last time you were at Vancouver?" Tyler asked, jumping into the conversation. I had totally forgotten about him.

Image

"Water break!" Giselle yelled, pausing our practice.

Her and Hannah were able to plan a few things out with UMass and get us a game. Kind of like a pre-season thing. They welcomed us and even let us use their gym to practice, which Giselle made full use of.

I grabbed my water bottle and tipped it over, hydrating myself.

Jenna, another girl on the team glanced past me and to the entrance of the gym, "Ooh, who's that hunk?"

"Hey, Care. It's your Bruins boyfriends." Hannah grumbled. Not sure why, but she never really liked the guys. Giselle didn't mind them, but as a work-a-holic type of person, she kept her mind focused on building the volleyball team and working on school work.

I glanced over my shoulder―and I'll be honest―expecting to see Tyler, but instead Milan was standing at the entrance, searching the gym for something or someone. After dinner Milan insisted we trade numbers and keep in touch. He really loved talking about Vancouver.

I got up and headed his way, and when his eyes laid on me his smiled, "Ah, there you are."

"Hey. What're you doing here?" I smiled back, "Is Tyler with you?" I asked a little curiously, glancing over his shoulder.

"Uh. No. I just finished practice and I remember you were telling me you had your own practice so I thought I'd stop by and say hello."

"Oh. That's very sweet of you." I said. "I don't know if you wanna stay for our practice or something, but it's very boring. Giselle just yells at us while we bounce a ball around." I joked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll stay." He walked in and took a seat on one of the bleachers.

I took one last sip of my water and got back on the court with the rest of the girls.

"I think he likes you." Steph murmured next to me.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure he does." I said sarcastically, "So we bonded over one thing? I was only in Vancouver for like a year. That's almost nothing."

"Alright! Get in your groups! Power here, setters here, middles here, libero beside me." Giselle ordered as everyone scrambled into place.

"Good luck!" I heard Milan yell from his seat, which I flashed him two thumbs up.
♠ ♠ ♠
DO DO DO DOO DO DOODOOOOOOOO DO DO DO DOO DOO DOOODOOOOOO. DOO DO DOOO DO DOO DO DO DOO DO DO DO DOO DO DO DOO DO DOO DO DO!

You guys know that song? LOL. It's pretty good song. Idk, I like it. LOL. HAHA