Sequel: Living Our Dreams

Daydreamer

thirty two.

I held up the black and yellow jersey. I didn't bring my Buffalo jersey since I didn't think I'd need it, so I was stuck with Tyler's jersey. The moment I noticed the signature I realized how alike he and my brother were. Suddenly, the thought of my brother made me miss him more than usual. Out of all my siblings I was closest to him. Thankfully I'd get to see him tonight.

"Are we going or what?" Hannah muttered.

She decided to tag along when Giselle said she'd come, but she opted out of a jersey. Giselle insisted she at least wear the Bruins colours, so she wore black jeans and a yellow sweater.

I slipped the jersey over my head. It smelt of his cologne. Or aftershave. Or deodorant. Whatever it was, it was pleasant and easily reminded me of him, ultimately getting my mind off Cody. I quickly made note to call him tonight or tomorrow morning before we leave.

"Let's go!" I yelled through the hotel room.

Steph appeared, followed quickly by Giselle. Steph had on her own Derek Roy jersey that she apparently took with her everywhere. Tyler gave me his, and Looch insisted that Giselle wore his. She blushed and tried to tell him that she'd just wear a sweater but he didn't back down.

"Is it supposed to be this loose?" Giselle asked as we walked out of our room, down the hall, and into the elevator.

"It's just loose cause it's meant for Milan." I told her, waving her worries away.

We walked out of the elevator and out of the building and walked down the street. TD Garden was so close anyways. The streets had fans, hyped for the upcoming playoffs. Once we got through security, I was happy to find out we had seats right next to the Bruins' penalty box. I could easily annoy Marchy from here.

"I call right next to the box!" I yelled, jumping ahead of everyone else and claiming the seat.

Steph took the seat next to me, then Giselle by her and Hannah at the end.

The guys were out for their pre skate, shooting loose pucks into the net and skating around their half of the rink. The Sabres were on the other side, skating around. Even though Tyler thought I was there to watch him and his boys play, I couldn't keep from glancing Cody's way. I at least wanted to give him a little wave and to tell him good luck.

I was watching Cody shoot pucks when someone tapped the glass in front of me. I looked back up to see Tyler staring down at me.

I glanced back to Cody, then back to Tyler. I pointed Cody's way, lip syncing the words, Can you get his attention?

He rolled his eyes but did as I said. He skated to the edge of the red line, yelling out words I couldn't hear. Cody was too preoccupied, but Ville Leino noticed though. He gave Cody a light tap on his pads then pointed to Tyler, who then nodded over to me.

I gave Cody a smile and a wave. A smile crept onto his face as he skated my way, slowing down before crossing the red line and glancing at Tyler. Tyler nodded, letting him pass and Cody stopped in front of the glass. I could feel Steph hitting my arm as she stared at Cody.

I took out my phone, typing away then showing him the message. This is Steph. She's a huge fan of the Sabres. Specifically Derek Roy.

He chuckled before getting called back by Pominville.

Good luck! I mouthed before he left.

Thanks.

Image

Not soon after, the game started. Me and Steph screamed and cheered while Giselle and Hannah asked questions and looked confused.

I yelped as Pominville tried a shot but was blocked, and another Sabre tried for the rebound but was denied. I was really unsure as to who I was cheering for. Obviously Steph knew exactly what she was doing as she screamed through the glass, probably at Timmy Thomas for making a save or something.

I watched intently as the Pominville brought the puck down to center ice but was stolen by Bergeron and taking it past their defense. I couldn't help but groan as Tyler rushed down the ice on the other side of Enroth. He got the feed by Bergeron and tapped it in.

After a few more goals and penalties—Milan happening to be one of them. After a smile to Giselle at the beginning of the two minutes, they avoided eye contact for the rest of the penalty. Extra awkward—Tyler skated around the net, chasing one of the Pens. He reached with his stick, ending up with a holding penalty when the Pens player got tangled up.

"Do any of you have anything to drink?" I asked.

"No, sorry." Giselle murmured, her eyes glued onto the game. Once she started understanding the game she couldn't stop watching.

Down on the ice, Tyler leaned his head back in frustration, obviously not agreeing with the penalty. Being down 2-1 didn't help either.

Tyler skated down the ice and took a seat in the box. He grabbed one of the many gatorade bottles and took a sip. He watched the puck go down the ice until his eyes met mine. He gave me a sarcastic smile, still unhappy with the officials.

I gestured, asking for a sip jokingly. Instead of taking it as a joke, he grabbed another bottle and tossed it over the glass and right into my hands. Thanks, I mouthed, chuckling.

He smiled and held his bottle up. I did the same and we drank at the same time.

"What the hell was that?" Steph asked, nudging me in my side playfully.

"Nothing. I just asked for a drink and I got one." I grinned, holding up the bottle.

Once his penalty was over, he threw the bottle over his shoulder, a fan happily catching it and screaming her lungs out, then skated down the ice. He tapped his stick, asking for the puck. The second he was out of the box they were on the powerplay from a penalty by Sekera.

They got into place for their powerplay, passing the puck around to each other. Bergeron got a feed from Peverly but got mixed up with a few Sabres, but was able to give a slow pass to Tyler. Tyler happily took advantage and slapped it hard into the net.

Everyone screamed and stood as Tyler received tags and congrats from his teammates on the ice right in front of me. Before he went to the bench, he turned to me with a smirk and a wink at which I rolled my eyes, arms crossed in front of my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Best in the playoffs? Philly hands down. I don't wanna say the Kings as a Canucks fan. And now that my Canucks hope is gone, I'm focusing on Nashville. GO PREDS!