Status: Active and more regular updates with comments =D

My Arranged Marriage to Alex Gaskarth

Chapter Two

Are you both mad!? I’m not getting married!” Eden looked at both women, who looked rather stunned at her outburst.
“Eden…”
“No, no momma you know my dreams don’t include being married off to a random stranger, I CANT DO IT!”
“Please Eden…” Her mother pleaded and Eden felt her resolve slowly start to melt.
“Why, why did you do this momma?”
“For your father’s sake…” Her mother’s eyes filled with tears.
“I don’t understand momma” Eden’s brown eyes held a bewildered expression.
“Come on honey let’s talk privately for a moment” Lauren took her daughter’s hand and smiled at Isobel.
“Alright lay it all out mom” Eden said once they were outside in the backyard, her heart thumped in her chest.
“When you were two years old your father had gotten cancer,” Lauren said and Eden nodded,
“We didn’t have the money for the Chemo or the medications honey and the Gaskarths had always been close to us, especially when we were all together in high school...”
“One day Isobel found me crying and asked me what was wrong, I told her and she offered me the money, her little boy was in her arms at the time he was only a year older than you.” Lauren stopped for a second.
“Go on mom” Eden encouraged.
“I told her I could never pay her back and then you ran out of the house and jumped into my arms, Isobel thought that maybe as a mutual agreement for the money, we could make our children get married, you and her little boy were getting along so well…”
“So we engaged you both to each other and made you wear the ring around your neck.”
“Sacré bleu! All this time and you tell me now momma?”
“I’m sorry Eden, but will you do it? Honey your father doesn’t know…Please now that he relapsed into cancer, they’ve offered to help but I-I can’t lose him Eden…” Her mother asked, tears slipping from her blue eyes.
“Mom I-” Eden shook her head which swam with confusion, anger and mostly a painful sadness.

“Is that my baby girl!?” A weak masculine voice said, Eden’s attention snapped away from her mother and her heart shrivelled at the sight she saw.
“Daddy…” Eden whispered and ran to the man she loved with all her heart; she hugged him and noted how much weight he lost, the once robust muscular man had wasted away. The paragon of health with his always tan skin had now turned into the colour of white marble. Eden looked into his brown eyes and there she saw strength, love and tenderness.
“Oh daddy, I love you so much, I’ll never leave again!” Eden said as tears slipped from her eyes.
“Oh honey I’m alright” Her father smile and falter by a hacking cough, Eden met her mother’s eyes which was filled with distress.
“I’ll do it” Eden nodded and made a point to look at her father mentally saying ‘for him’ her mother had tears falling down her cheeks.
“What are you doing my little rose?” Her father asked and Eden’s heart burst at the use of her childhood nickname, he called her his little Rose for her scarlet hair.
“Daddy…I’m getting married” Eden yanked the ring from her chain and placed it on her 4th finger on her left hand.

3 days later…Wedding

“Oh Eden you look so beautiful…” Her mother and soon to be mother- in law beamed in excitement. Both staring at her curly scarlet hair that was arranged in a curly manner with roses descending down, Eden looked at her dress, a bit extravagant but very beautiful and now looking at her reflexion she had to admit she looked good…
“It’s time my little rose” Her father entered looking so very handsome despite his sickly state.
“Wow you look wonderful Eden, your man is a lucky man” Her father said and Eden felt her stomach turn to mush, she hadn’t even met this guy and now she was going to marry him.
“I’ll be right out daddy” she smiled and her father left the room.
“Have you done the veil as I have requested?” Eden asked her mother who sullenly nodded; Eden had asked that the veil which would hide her face would remain throughout the ceremony, but not only that the veil would be thick and only a lining would be cut so she could see in front of her but not anyone beside her… Eden knew she would freak out and run away if she did.

“Come on Eden” Her mother in law urged and Eden met her dad at the entrance of the church hall. Everyone stood up, Eden was thankful for the veil hiding her face because they couldn’t see her distress then. As the music started, her arm linked to her dad’s they started walking. Eden avoided looking in front of her; she scanned the crowd and recognised some of the people from high school. Eden shuddered, as they reached the wedding alter, she handed the flowers to the 3 girls that were beside her.
“We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Eden Tamara Larose and Alexander William Gaskarth…” The preacher said and Eden flinched…That name, that name was so familiar.
“Anyone who objects to this union speak now or forever hold your peace”
“Please object, someone please object” Eden whispered to herself and a deep chuckle beside her informed that her ‘intended’ had heard her wish.
“I couldn’t agree more with you” His raspy voice whispered back, again Eden thanked her veil for her not being able to see him, so he didn’t want to get married either…
After the- I do’s had been exchanged, Eden felt her hand tremble when the wedding ring slid on her wedding finger. She almost dropped the ring when she was sliding it into her husband’s finger again she did not dare look up, however she noted he was much taller than her and wore a very nice suit, that’s all she allowed her eyes to take.
“I now pronounce you man and wife, you may now kiss the bride” Eden felt her breath stop, she forgot she had to kiss and she felt hands start to lift her veil, she stared downwards then when her face was exposed she looked up and her eyes widen in horror;
“Oh my God!” Both yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
HIYA! DUN DUN DUN!!! haha

Eden's Wedding Dress

Eden's hairstyle

Eden's engagement ring

Eden's wedding ring

Thank you for these beautiful people for your comments!:
NaturalDreamer
xoannahearts
becca65

Feel free to comment! what do you think will happen next!?

feel free to check out my other story

Befriend? Subscribe? Comment?

Marie <3