Status: Active and more regular updates with comments =D

My Arranged Marriage to Alex Gaskarth

Chapter Five

“Is everything okay...?” A masculine voice said from the doorway. Eden’s eyes snapped to the doorways and there stood an awkward looking Jack.
“Yea, we’re um...having a mother-daughter moment...” Her mother said, getting up awkwardly in her high heels.
“Oh ugh the first dance is about to begin...” He looked down and Eden stood up, her mother smiled and slipped out of the door, Eden followed but Jack pulled her arm to hold her back.
“Um can I talk to you for a minute?” He asked and Eden stood there slightly undecided but then nodded.
“I wanted to say that I apologise for umm...High school” He said his voice cracking with nervousness.
“It’s okay Jack, I don’t hate you” Eden sighed but meant what she said.
“Are you sure?” Jack asked looking at her wide eyed and Eden shook her head at the little boy look on his face.
“Yes Jack, I’m not holding anything against you, I’ll be a tad awkward at times but personally I’m too lazy to hold a grudge...” she smiled while he beamed.
“Seal it with a hug?” He said like a child and Eden huffed but hugged him.
“Does that forgiveness extend to Alex as well?” Jack asked curiously and Eden paused for a second, she thought about her answer and just as she was about to reply to Jack; hushed voices interrupted her.
“Alex what if someone sees us?” a shushed feminine voice said around the wall.
“They won’t...” Eden heard Alex say and anger swirled within her; she shot an angry glare at Jack who literally had a horrified look on his face which intensified at the sound of the girl’s giggle.
“No it does not” Eden hissed and walked towards the direction of the voices, she rounded a corner and saw Alex his arms around Lisa, Alex kissing her passionately while Lisa giggled. Eden felt revolted but even more so ashamed and sad.

Eden felt bile rise in her throat; this was like an exact flashback from the past a past which she had never fully recovered from. Lisa gasped which confirmed that she had seen Eden, Alex whirled around he had a strange look to his face as he saw her. Eden looked at him with all the anger, disgust and sadness she felt. Sadness because she was cheated on, on her wedding day to add to her shame, goodbye childhood fairy-tale...
“You know for some reason I thought you would’ve had the decency to cheat on me after our wedding day” She said her voice cracking, her eyes filling with angry tears, she clenched her fists;
“But obviously I held you at a higher standard that I should have because you, Alex you have no decency. The sad part is that I was thinking of forgiving you and start fresh but you’re not worth it and I will never forgive you for doing this to me on my wedding day, my wedding day Alex!!” She clenched her teeth,
“Regardless of what you think, I am a woman not some kind of animal and this, this is probably the worst offence you could do to any girl. So I promise you one thing husband, I will never forget what you have done to me today!” Eden said with anger, tears dropped down her face. Alex and Lisa had a look of guilt and shame marked on their faces, Eden whirled around to walk away but Alex grabbed her arm.
“Eden...wait I-” Before Alex could finish his sentence, Eden yanked out of Alex’s grasp and slapped him which made him stumble back, shock marking his face like her fingers. She walked off as she saw Lisa rush to Alex, bile rose in her throat, Jack looked at her but she ignored him. Eden grabbed a handkerchief wiped her face, she threw back her shoulders, held her head high and walked in the reception with a smile on her face.

Jack’s P.O.V

Jack watched with fascination as Eden composed herself, she rubbed her face with her handkerchief, hiding the evidence of her tears; she threw back her shoulders and held her head high. Eden allowed a small smile to grace her lips and she walked into the reception. She began talking to the guests; she laughed and thanked them for their congratulations. Jack was amazed she took this well...or acted like it. Jack turned and faced Alex, Jack had never been angry with his best friend before but this was a new low, even for Alex.
“Lisa I think you should leave” Jack said looking at Lisa like she was an annoying insect.
“Why?” She said defiantly and Jack narrowed his eyes, Lisa had always been a pest to be honest.
“Alex is married now Lisa!” Jack reasoned; Jack mentally felt strange acting like a fully grown up adult considering he was probably the most immature one out of the band.
“So!?” Lisa exclaimed her blue eyes filling with tears.
“Lisa I think you should go...” Came an unexpected reply from Alex, Lisa looked stricken.
“Lexi” she whined and Alex shook his head as though dazed.

Alex P.O.V

What have I just done? Those words kept repeating in Alex’s troubled mind as Lisa was now gone and Eden hated him to the core, not that he didn’t deserve it, he had been married for less than a day and he already committed the worst matrimonial sin…At least he didn’t sleep with Lisa! Alex thought but his conscience told him that was not an excuse.
“What were you thinking Alex?!” Jack threw his hands in the air an incredulous look on his face.
“I don’t know Jack…” Alex shook his head miserably.
“Well you better fixed it up you messed up badly!” Jack said an uncommon scowl on his face.
“Jack I know! I didn’t mean it” Alex tried to defend himself.
“Why the hell did you do it Alex?”
“Because I love Lisa and not Eden, Eden just acted irrationally!” Alex retorted his hand on his cheek still feeling the sting of her slap.
“Irrationally are you serious Alex? You cheated on the poor girl on her wedding day! You better clean up your act Alex because what you did was seriously messed up, honestly dude what if the roles were reversed and Eden cheated on you today, what would you have done?” Jack’s word went straight to Alex’s guilty heart, making heat rush to his cheeks.
“I wouldn’t have done anything” Alex mumbled through clenched teeth.
“You’re a liar Alex and a heck of a hypocrite!” Jack’s voice thundered in Alex’s conscience.
“Look I’m sorry Jack It was a mistake…”
“I’m not the one you should be apologising to Alex, but you should be saying that to your wife which I recommend you go find and have your first dance with” Jack’s scowl soften a bit and he exhale sharply.
“You’ve always treated girls well Alex; I’ve got to say I’m disappointed in you…” Jack shook his head and walked away, Alex stood there feeling as though he had just died by how miserable he felt.
“When did you start being the mature one?” Alex chuckled trying to lighten the mood
“When you stopped! Don’t you see what being mature does to me if I get grey hair you’re paying for me to recolour!” Jack said with a pout but then his gaze returned stern,
“Alex fix your mess” He walked off making Alex feel miserable once again.
What can I do to make it up to them? Alex thought as he fixed his suit and walked into the reception, straight towards his wife.
♠ ♠ ♠
AND LET THE STORY BEGIN!

BIG THANKS TO:
becca65
xxErika411xx
NaturalDreamer

FOR COMMENTING MUCH LOVE!

<3 Marie