Serendipity - an Alex Gaskarth Fanfic

Hold your breath, my dear.

“Are you seriously not going to start on our project? Really?” I sighed as I glanced down at Alex, who was on my bed, texting. He didn’t answer me and I sighed once again. “I love how it’s always me who has to do all the fucking work,” Alex smirked at my choice of words; to be exact; the f-word. “Well, aren’t I a bad influence on you? First I make you skip school, drive without safety belt and now influencing your language? No wonder why your mother hates me!” He said in a sarcastically manner. Because he knew it was untrue.
From the day he met my mother, she came under his spell too – not the obsessing teenage girl spell, luckily for me. I would’ve probably killed myself if my mother had fantasies about my best friend.
“Shut up, Gaskarth,” I replied simply and turned back to the assignment that I pretty much could give up on making Alex help me with. “So we are on last name terms?” I heard the weight from my bed shift and soft footsteps walk over to my desk. Out of nowhere, Alex’s head stopped right next to mine, breathing into my ear. I always hated when he did that. Why? It just simply reminded me that I might have a tiny crush on the guy. Whether he knew that or was totally oblivious, I had no idea. We just had this really strong chemistry and we could talk for hours, and never get bored or run out of things to talk about.

“You’re not going to do it, I just know it,” Alex said as he took a bite of his burger and smirked at me. Jack and Rian were smirking at me as well as they waited for my answer. The boys somehow got our counselor convinced that they could go home at 11 am and go to band practice. I have no idea how they managed to do it. Probably because they got signed very recently. Anyhow, they dared me to skip school and go to band practice with them. Their fate was already laid out; they were going to make it big. Very, very big. However, I still had absolutely no clue what I’m going to do with college and what I want out of my life. “How are you so sure?” I asked with a lifted eyebrow, even though I already knew the answer. I had never skipped school before. Ever. Never skipped a day because I didn’t feel like going to school, never skipped a single class. I never even skipped lunch. “Fine. The parking lot at 11:10, then. Don’t be late.”

“I’m sorry,” he wrapped his arms around my neck from behind. “Forgive me? I’ll buy you ice cream later,” I sighed but then my face broke into a smirk. “Strawberry cheesecake x2 and if we don’t get the pink plastic spoons, we will have to go to the next store until we get it.” I don’t know what’s with those pink plastic spoons and me; I guess it’s the fact that they’re so rare and special. Or that they reminded me of the friendship Alex and I had, put it the way you want to.

Later that night, Alex and I were cuddled up in each other, watching a horror movie. We were both really into horror movies but we could still be scared to death so it was nice having someone around. I guess my conscience told me, that cuddling wouldn’t exactly help my crush on him but I couldn’t help it. I felt safe even though I had no reason not to. Safer. Like nothing could go wrong you know?
I looked at the screen as I heard a piercing loud scream that shook me out of my own little world. “What are you thinking about?” Alex asked and drew small circles on the top of my head. We hadn’t known each other for long, but he could read me as an open book; knowing when something was up.
“Homework,” I replied simply. “We always end up watching a movie when we are supposed to make homework. Alex sighed but then smiled at me. “You are so damn boring, seriously. Chill out, have a beer.” I giggled and cuddled into him more. Another reason why I shouldn’t do this was that Alex practically had a girlfriend. Of course she decided to enter his life the moment I did. “How’s the princess?” I asked with a slight smirk. Alex glared at me; signaling that it wasn’t exactly rainbows and unicorns in Wonderland. “Don’t even ask,” He shook his head. “I’ve apologized so many times yet she doesn’t care. I even wrote her a song.” My heart sank a little when he said he wrote her a song. Of course, Alex was a musician but he took his writing seriously and very rarely wrote anything that the band couldn’t use as a potential song on the EP they are going to release when we graduate.

“Holy shit, you actually showed up?!” Jack burst out as I arrived at Alex’s car in the parking lot. Alex shoved him lightly and swirled his car keys around his index finger. “So girls, are we going or are we standing here discussing dresses all day?” Jack shoved him back and got into the backseat with Rian. Zack would be at Rian’s place when we got there. Alex and I were about to get into the car, when I heard a familiar voice call across the parking lot. “Alex!” in a blink of an eye, Alex’s girlfriend, Lisa, came running towards us. As she got the car, she sent me a look of disgust while I shot her my most fake smile and got into the car. After about two minutes of discussion, Alex opened the door to the driver’s seat and sent me a ‘I’m-sorry-look’. “Lisa is going with us,” he said and I automatically got out of the seat, Rian and Jack squeezed together and I got into the backseat while watching Lisa smirk at me as she leant in and kissed Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it! :D
Comment please?