Status: Weekly :)

Kiss and Control

Chapter Fifty

Tom pressed the door bell. Bill clutched at his stomach and groaned; he then retched. Tom shook his head, this wasn’t right; he would deal with Elladan on Bill’s behalf. Bill was just not up to it. He knew how intimidating his brother-in-law could be, the bastard made him turn into a wobbling quivering wreck when he got close. Tom could feel his stomach fluttering with anxiety and nerves as they stood on the doorstep waiting.

“You don’t have to do this Bill.” Tom looked at his twin. “I’ll deal with him...you go back home.”

“You would do that?” Bill stood there trembling and wiped a tear which the retching had caused with a long thin manicured finger.

“Yes...If you want.” Tom gave Bill a nervous smile. “If you want to leave him then I will finish it with Nen so we don’t have to have contact with them ever again.”

“They live four doors away Tom and go to the same school, we will always see them...and Elladan won’t let me go that easily.”

“What a mess.” Tom sighed, he knew Bill was right.

“But you would finish it with Nen?” Bill was surprised that Tom had said that. “I thought you loved him?”

“I do but seeing you like this?” Tom swallowed thickly. “It’s not worth it...you come first.” He croaked, his voice breaking slightly.

Bill smiled a small sad smile and a few more tears rolled down his cheek. “I...I love you.” He reached out and squeezed Tom’s arm.

“You go home...” Tom covered his hand with his own.

Bill turned to leave but the door suddenly swung open. Bill turned round eyes wide with fear.

“Hey boys...how was London?” Feanor beamed. The dark haired older version of Elladan stood aside to let them in.

“Totally awesome Mr Arvenien.” Tom found himself answering enthusiastically. Bill’s face relaxed slightly.

The dread-head glanced sideways at Bill who wore slightly cocked brow at him. Tom grimaced; this was going to be much harder than he first thought. Feanor was a likeable charming guy (when teetotal) with a strong overwhelming personality and very manipulative without much effort. He was the sort of person one could not refuse anything. He could have you eating out of the palm of his hand and doing his bidding without you realising plus he had a knack of making you see things from his angle and have you agreeing with his every word even when he was in the wrong. No wonder he and Bill had trouble dealing with his sons, they were just like him. We here to drop your sons like a hot ton a bricks because they are controlling manipulative gits like you. Tom mused inwardly. He almost laughed out loud from nerves; a trait he inherited from his mother and probably the only one.

“Hey Mr Arvenien.” Bill answered in a small voice accompanied with a small smile.

“Elladan Nenya! Bill and Tom are here!” Feanor called up the stairs.

“Come into the living room boys. I expect you’ve a lot to tell us about London? I’ll put the kettle on for a cup of tea.” Feanor grinned widely with his perfect white teeth just like his sons.

Tom kicked himself mentally when he found himself smiling warmly at the man and nodding in agreement. A shot of vodka wouldn’t go a miss. He mused as his stomach began to knot tightly. Bill instinctively gagged when footsteps descended the wooden staircase as they took a seat on the sofa.

“If you finish with Nen then I’ll leave Elladan.” Bill whispered quickly to Tom.

Tom’s mouth suddenly went try and he stuck out his tongue and licked as his lip ring.
Jeez cheers Bill...that wasn’t the agreement. Now their future rested upon him.

“Cuddles!” Nenya bounded in and threw himself at Tom.

“Hey baby.” Tom sighed pulling him onto his lap; not sure if he could actually do it.

“I missed you so much but I am so proud of you too.” Nenya covered Tom with kisses.

“Missed you too baby and thanks.” Tom replied awkwardly.

Elladan walked in and sat on the armchair, his face expressionless like stone. Bill’s stomach knotted violently.

“H...hey Ell.” He stammered.

Elladan just looked at him coldly. Bill bit his lip and looked down then began fiddling with his rings. Bill blinked back his tears, he wanted to bolt from the room but found himself rooted to his seat. I’m so weak and pathetic...I deserve everything I get.

Feanor walked in with a tray and set it on the coffee table. Nenya knelt down on the floor and began pouring the tea from the teapot. Tom smiled inwardly, had Nenya become domesticated since moving back in with his father? He was usually a lazy article that required waiting on hand and foot.

“You boys must be incredibly proud of yourselves being signed to a major record label so young?” Feanor said with a smile.

“Yes sir...we are.” Tom answered.

“My boys are very proud of you both, especially Elladan...always talking about Bill’s singing voice.”

Elladan narrowed his eyes at his father wondering what he was playing at. Feanor knew perfectly well that he was annoyed over Bill going behind his back to London. Bill looked up at Feanor and offered a small smile; he briefly glanced at his husband but his face had gone back to being dead panned. Bill sighed heavily.

Nenya passed round a cup of tea to them all and offered the biscuits his father had put on a plate.

“So what’s your next move?” Feanor questioned after taking a sip of his tea.

“Universal is going to be promoting our debut single heavily and then we will probably make some appearances on radio and TV. We’re also going back down to London sometime to record more songs for a debut album.” Tom replied.

“Wonderful.” Feanor grinned. “You and Elladan will be a successful and possibly a very famous married couple with his modelling.” He said looking at Bill. Bill grimaced. He knew that would be impossible as Universal were keeping his marriage a secret.

“I’ll expect you will want to buy a house and move down to London.” Feanor continued. “It would make more sense with Elite and Universal both being based there. I’ll help you look.”

Bill glanced at Tom who glanced back with a sigh, knowing what his twin was thinking – Feanor was already mapping out Bill and Elladan’s life for them and there would be no escape from it.

Elladan tuned out from his father’s conversation; there was no way he was letting him call the shots, he will be deciding what was best for he and Bill.

Feanor carried on talking with Tom and Nenya both chipping in here and there. Elladan sat there with his head bowed lost in thought while Bill sat there quietly sipping his tea on tenterhooks wishing Feanor would shut up about the band, Universal and London. The raven head wished his father-in-law would leave him and Tom to talk with his sons privately so they could say what they came over to say and rid themselves of the Arvenien brothers. Finally, half an hour later, Feanor stood up and cleared the tray away leaving the four boys alone to talk.

Bill looked pointedly at Tom. Tom cleared his throat. Elladan looked up and Nenya scooted closer to Tom.

“Nen...we need to talk.” Tom began swallowing nervously. “Now that we’ve been signed, I gonna be away quite a bit...maybe months on end.”

Nenya pouted, he didn’t like the thought of that. “That sucks!” He complained.

Tom closed his eyes briefly. Damn you Nenya, stop looking so cute.” He opened them again. “Look...it’s like this.” Tom sighed, determined to get his words out.

Bill’s eyes widened, Tom was really going to do it. His stomach somersaulted and his mouth went dry.

“We won’t see too much of each other...”Tom looked at the wide open chocolate coloured eyes before him. “...which wouldn’t be fair on you so I think it would be best...”

Elladan leant forward with narrowed eyes. Tom had not better doing what he thought he was about do? He would murder him.

Nenya jumped up. ”ARE YOU DUMPING ME!?” He screamed, glaring angrily with his hands firmly placed on his hips. Nenya’s eyes suddenly turned black.

Bill held his breath as he gripped hard on to the sofa cushion.

Tom had never seen Nenya’s eyes turn black before, well least he didn’t think he had. He scrambled to his feet to face his furious fiancée. “N...n...no of c...c...course not.” He stuttered nervously. “I was wondering if you would come with me.” His mouth rushed out quickly to save himself from Nenya murdering him on the spot.

Bill’s mouth dropped open with disbelief. He slumped back against the sofa. Elladan sat back in his chair.

“I’d love to!” Nenya flung his arms around Tom’s neck and secured his legs around his waist. Tom looked apologetically over his fiancé’s shoulder at Bill.

Bill jumped up and fled from the living room; he ran to the kitchen and promptly threw up in the sink.

“You okay Bill?” Feanor asked. He reached for the kitchen towel a pulled a piece of and handed it to his son-in-law.

Bill nodded and wiped his mouth with the kitchen towel Feanor had given him.

“Elladan...get in here and take care of Bill.” Feanor called.

Bill’s knees began to shake. He gripped on to the table top to steady himself. Elladan appeared in the doorway.

“Bill’s unwell...take him upstairs to lie down.” Feanor secured a hold on him.

“N...no...I wanna go home.” Bill stammered and pulled away from Feanor.

“Nonsense...you’re in no fit state to go home. Elladan take him.” Feanor insisted.

Elladan took hold of Bill and swept him off his feet, he carried him toward the stairs. Bill tried to shout out but no noise came out of his mouth. Elladan smirked wickedly at Bill as he ascended the stairs with him.”Tom...help me.”Bill mouthed silently as his tears rolled down his cheek.

Elladan carried Bill into his bedroom then hoofed the door shut. He threw his raven head partner onto the bed. Bill scrambled quickly up to the top of the bed and shrank back into the black iron head board. Elladan went over to the door and locked it with the key then stuck it into his pocket.

“So you thought you could sneak off to London to sign a contract without telling me?” Elladan now stood menacingly at the foot of the bed.

Bill looked to see if there was anything nearby he could use as a weapon in case Elladan attacked him. Elladan smirked; he went over to the closet and took out a black velvet box about the size of a shoe box but not as deep. He walked over with the box and sat on the bed. Bill watched as he opened the lid. Elladan pulled out one of the silver daggers that the box contained.

“I fancy a spot of target practice.” Elladan smirked wickedly.

Bill shrank back even further with wide eyes wondering exactly what Elladan meant by that.

“Stand against the door!” Elladan ordered.

Bill shook his head as he whimpered.

Elladan eyes narrowed. “Are you disobeying me again?”

Bill shook his head and scrambled off the bed. He walked shakily to the door and stood against it.

“Keep still then you won’t get hurt.” Elladan smirked.

Bill looked pleadingly at his husband to not do this to him.

“Arms and legs stretched out.”

Bill stretched his arms out and stood with his legs apart. His body trembled violently and he scrunched his eyes closed.

Elladan held the dagger firmly and took aim; as he did so he glimpsed the photo of his mother on the dresser next to the bed from the corner of his eye.

Bill held his breath and waited. He heard a clatter on floor somewhere before him. Bill waited a bit before he opened his eyes. Elladan was sat on the bed with arm wrapped around his knees which were pressed to his chest and his face hidden. His body shook slightly and Bill guessed he was crying. The dagger lay on the floor a short distance away.

“Elladan?” Bill whispered concerned, wiping away his own tears from his cheeks.

“I’m so sorry.” Elladan looked up at Bill. “Please forgive me?”

“Elladan it’s okay.” Bill found himself saying as he cradled his distraught husband in his arms.

“I’m turning into my father.” Elladan sniffed. "I don't want to be like him."

“How do mean?” Bill whispered kissing his husband’s head.

“Controlling, overbearing and suffocating...that’s why my mother died.” Elladan glanced at the photo on his right. Bill looked too to see the dark-haired woman with large sad chocolate coloured eyes.

Bill gripped Elladan’s face between his hands. “Tell me what happened to her?”

“She ran out of the house and got knocked down after an argument with my father. She had been offered a place with the London Philharmonic orchestra as violinist but....” More tears flowed out from his eyes.

“Oh Elladan...” Bill wrapped his arms tightly around his husband. Bill stared the photograph of Elladan’s mother over Elladan’s shoulder. She looked so melancholy with her large chocolate brown eyes identical to Nenya’s.

Bill pulled apart. “When was that photo taken?” He asked nodding to the dresser.

Elladan looked over his shoulder at the photograph. “Two hours before she died. I took the picture of her without her knowing.” He sniffed reaching out for it. “My father wouldn’t let her go... said her place was at home with us.” Elladan traced his finger over his mother’s face as he tears rolled off on the glass. "He might has well have run over her himself. He did this to her and us."

“I’m so sorry.” Bill pulled Elladan in for another hug.

“I really am sorry about the way I’ve treated you lately...I don't mean to...I'm scared that you'll leave me or die like my mum.”

Bill grimaced."I'm not gonna die Ell but...you know I came over here to end it with you cuz I can’t go on living in fear and treading on egg shells or you telling what I can or can’t do.”

Elladan pulled away and looked worriedly at Bill. “Please...I’m sorry...I’ll get help. Don't leave me.” More tears escaped from his eyes as he pleaded.

“Will you though?” Bill asked sceptically. Elladan was full of broken promises. Bill got up from the bed. “Maybe we should live apart for while until you are properly healed?”

“No Bill...please.” Elladan jumped up and pulled Bill by the arm. "I can't live without you."

Bill sighed looking up into his husband’s face; he tucked some stray hair behind his ear. “First thing tomorrow morning I am making you an appointment to see a therapist.”

Elladan frowned then agreed reluctantly. “Fine if that’s what you want.”

“No Elladan...it has to be want you want or else I’m walking!”

“Okay okay...it’s what I want!” Elladan gripped Bill tightly by his two arms. "I promise it is."

Bill sighed. “Fine...let’s go home.” Bill held his hand out for the key. He would give him this one final chance.

Elladan retreived the key and gave it to Bill. Bill unlocked the door and left followed closely by his husband.

“Everything okay?” Tom asked Bill sheepishly, feeling a big turd and a coward as he looked up from the sofa with Nenya.

Bill smiled at Tom forgivingly. “Yeah everything is fine.” He sighed and stuck his arm through his husband’s. “We’re going home.” He was going to stand on his own to feet from now, afterall, he got himself into this mess by running away to marry Elladan in the first place. He didn't want to throw his marriage away so easily and prove Gordon right or Tom for that matter or anyone else. He had to try one last time and make it work.

Tom cocked his eyebrow with curiosity and confusion. Bill looked relaxed, tranquil and happy, the total opposite of when they arrived at the Arvenien household. He wondered what had just happened between the married couple for Bill to have taken a complete U-turn.