Status: In Progress

The Beginning to the End

Devils

Image




“Rock your red, rock your red, Jersey Devils, rock your red.”


“It was a pleasure meeting you Ricki and Bobbi. I hope the rest of your road trip goes well.” Shannon Donnelly, Director of Events for the New Jersey Devils said.

“Thank you, Ms. Donnelly it was a pleasure meeting you as well.” Ricki said.

“You guys are free to hang out here until doors open. My office is open for you to put the change of clothes in during the game.” Shannon smiled before she left to go do her job.

“I am sorry to be eavesdropping but did Shannon just call you Ricki and Bobbi?” A guy came up behind the girls.

“Uh, yeah.” Bobbi said turning around to see the guy who spoke.

“Like as in the Ricki Martin and Bobbi Hull who Matt Martin and Tyler Seguin tweeted about?” the guy asked getting really excited.

“Uh, yeah I guess.” Ricki said recognizing the person but couldn’t put a name to him.

“Sweet, I have been hoping to meet you two.” He said reaching out his hand for the girls to shake. “I am Martin Brodeur.” He introduced himself.

“I am Ricki.” Ricki introduced herself shaking his hand.

“I am Bobbi.” Bobbi did the same thing.

“This is so cool. You have to meet the rest of the guys. I have told them so much about your travels. I have looked you guys up on twitter and watched your flip videos.” Brodeur spoke really quickly.

“Wait, take a deep breath.” Ricki said calming Brodeur down. “Aren’t we the ones supposed to act like the crazy fan girls?” Ricki asked.

“You are probably right. Our roles have been switched.” Martin said. “But really let me introduce you to the rest of the team.” He said grabbing both the girls hands and tugging them toward the locker room. Bobbi was really getting excited because she got to meet one of her favorite players Nick Palmieri.

“Cover up boys there are ladies present.” Martin yelled into what the girls assumed was the Devils locker room.

“And who might these two lovely ladies be?” Nick Palmieri said walking up to Bobbi and taking her hand and kissing the top.

“These two are the two girls I was telling you guys about.” Brodeur basically yelled.

“Wait…your Ricki and Bobbi?” Zach Parise asked coming up and standing next to Palmieri. Ricki nodded. “I thought that was just a figment of Brodeur’s imagination. I am glad I am wrong now.” He said giving Ricki his million dollar smile.

“Yup we are completely real.” Ricki smiled.

“So which one are you? Ricki or Bobbi?” Parise asked.

“I’m Ricki, she is Bobbi.” Ricki said as Bobbi chatted with Palmieri.

“So what stop are you guys at?” Palmieri asked Bobbi.

“Um, number 4. We started off in Boston, then went to the Rangers, then the Islanders, and now we are here before we leave for Philadelphia.” Bobbi explained.

“So, what is this whole road trip about?” Palmieri asked curiously. Bobbi responded by explaining the different reasons and what is going to happen at the end of the season.

“Well then I am going to have persuade you to choose New Jersey then aren’t I?” Palmieri flirted with Bobbi who caused her to blush and look over at Ricki who was in a deep conversation with Parise.

“Just keep an eye on his left spin-o-rama, he used it against the Islanders and confused the defenders pretty well.” Ricki said giving pointers to Parise who was completely intrigued at the knowledge this girl had for the sport.

“Thanks, I will keep that in mind. Maybe after the game you and Bobbi can come hang out with us and you can give me more pointers?” Parise asked hopeful.

“Sure, but only if you win. So you better win.” Ricki stated getting up.

“Good, meet us down here then after we win.” Parise said before getting the rest of the team back on track which caused Bobbi to wander back over to Ricki.

“So how was meeting Palmieri?” Ricki asked nudging Bobbi with her elbow as they walked towards their seats.

“Better than expected, he is a really sweet guy.” Bobbi said. “So how is Mr. Capitan?”

“Good, we just talked about hockey, and it looked like he took my pointers too heart.” Ricki said as Bobbi gave her a look.

“That wasn’t a just talking about hockey face.” Bobbi explained when Ricki looked confused.

“I didn’t make any other face.” Ricki protested.

“Not you, Parise, he was flirting with you.” Bobbi said.

“No, he has a girlfriend.” Ricki said defending the quick chat session her and Parise had just had.

“Actually his girlfriend and him broke up 3 months ago. He is a single man.” Bobbi said.

“So is Nick Palmieri.” Ricki countered.

“Yeah well nothing can come out of these because we don’t know where we are going to be in a year.” Bobbi said a little depressed because now that they are making all these new friends they are going to have harder time choosing which team to work for.

“Hey guys, Bobbi and Ricki here at the Prudential Center waiting for the game to start. We just met with Shannon Donnolley and then ran into Martin Brodeur who recognized us and acted like a complete fan girl.” Ricki said into the flip.

“Brodeur if you are watching this, she is telling the complete truth, but it did make our day.” Bobbi said smiling at the memory of Brodeur’s reaction. “Anyway, tonight, we are going to watch a game and go out tonight and party it up in New Jersey with the Devils. “

“Don’t get ahead of yourself Bobbi, I told Parise we would only go out with them if they win.” Ricki said.

“Well then the boys better win tonight. Until then be great peeps.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Bobbi!” Palmieri yelled as Ricki and Bobbi entered the locker room after the game.

“Palmieri, why you no score?” Bobbi asked with her arms crossed.

“I don’t know, I am completely and utterly sorry.” Palmieri replied flirtatiously.

“You should be.” Bobbi replied laughing.

“So you and Bobbi are coming out with us tonight now right?” Parise asked.

“Yeah” Ricki fake sighed. “You’re lucky you won, 3-2 in overtime is pushing it.” Ricki smirked at him.

“Hey, at least we won.” Parise smiled as he put an arm around Ricki and leading her outside and Palmieri did the same to Bobbi.

“So where are we going?” Bobbi asked after a few minutes of driving.

“Just to dinner, we have decided that we will hang out with you tomorrow instead of partying tonight.” Parise answered.

“And we have no say in this?” Ricki questioned.

“Nope the whole team decided for you.” He smirked at Ricki.

“That’s not cool.” Bobbi said as they got to the restaurant.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Parise and Palmieri walk into Ricki and Bobbi’s room at 5:30 the next morning, carrying symbols and once they got too their beds they started banging them together.

“What the fuck!” Ricki and Bobbi both yelled at the same time.

“It’s time to party, so get your ass out of bed.” Palmieri said to Bobbi.

“Fuck you I am going back to bed.” Bobbi said pulling the covers over her head obviously pissed off.

“No you’re not” Palmieri said before banging the symbols again.

“Will you stop it?” Bobbi groaned.

“Not until you get up.” Palmieri smirked.

“Fine but there better be coffee.” Bobbi said getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom.

“So where are we going at such an ungodly hour?” Ricki asked the whole Devils team who had overtaken her cousin’s kitchen with bagels and coffee from Starbucks.

“That is for us to know and you to find out when we get there.” Larsson said taking a big bite out of his bagel.

“Jeff, do you know where we are going?” Ricki turned to her cousin, who nodded. “Mind telling us where we are being taken?”

“I don’t feel like getting murdered, so that would be a negative.” Jeff said looking around the room full of hockey players.

“All right, it’s time to go, grab the food boys.” Brodeur said looking at his watch. Everyone piled into four SUV’s that were in the driveway.

“You know, you guys really are Devils.” Bobbi said really grumpy because no one in their right mind should be up early enough to see the clock read 5:30am.

“But you love us anyways.” Palmieri said handing her a pillow so she could sleep on the way there.

“How long is the trip?” Bobbi asked confused as to how she had time to sleep.

“Oh you know just an hour and 45 minute drive.” Parise said from the front seat.

Tweet from Bobbi

@RickiMartin7 and I just got kidnapped by @MB30 @JohanHedberg1 @pelias and the rest of the Devils #Someonesaveus #dontknowwherewearegoing

Tweet from Brodeur (MB30)

@BobbiHull9 @RickiMartin quit your complaining. You are going to have a blast! #bestideaever and if you don’t it was Parise’s idea.

Ricki and Bobbi quickly fell asleep on the drive to where ever they were going and were woken up by Palmieri and Parise shaking them.

“Are we there?” Ricki asked through a yawn.

“Almost you two just need to change into this.” Parise said handing her and Bobbi a bag and pointing to the rest stop they had stopped at.

“And what would this be?” Bobbi asked.

“What you need to wear.” Palmieri explained like it was the most obvious thing ever.

“What if I don’t want to wear it?” Ricki questioned.

“Well then you would look out of place.” Parise said simply as everyone got out of the car to go change.

“Ricki, I am officially worried.” Bobbi said as they got to the girls bathrooms and opened up the bags to reveal two bathing suits. “Are they are expecting us to go swimming in the middle of November, in New Jersey?”

“I guess.” Ricki said going into the stall and changing to into the bathing suit and pulling her sweatpants and hoodie over the suit.

“I think you guys have been hit in the head one too many times with pucks.” Ricki said as she climbed back into the SUV. The boys just shrugged the comment off and continued the drive for another 15 minutes until they pulled into the parking lot of Sam’s Oasis Indoor Waterpark.

“Holy crap.” Bobbi said as she realized that she was going to spend the day at a waterpark.

“Excited now?” Palmieri asked her.

“Excited is just the tip of the ice berg.” Bobbi said getting out of the car and Bobbi met her there.

“Hey guys, Ricki and Bobbi here at an Indoor waterpark. The Devils kidnapped us at 5:30 this morning but this totally makes up for that. Have a great day at your jobs while we spend some quality time on the lazy river with the Devils. Be great”

They spent the day going on as many rides as possible. Ricki and Bobbi did not however take the sight they had before them for granted. 25 five, well-muscled, shirtless hockey players who were dripping wet was a sight the girls would never ever going to forget.

As they broke for lunch Sexy and I know It came on over the loud speaker and the boys started to dance. Bobbi quickly pulled out the flip to catch the moment on camera.

On the way home everyone was asleep in the SUV except for Tedenby who was driving and Ricki who was just thinking how this road trip was beating her expectations. Sure she knew she would see some players like Reasoner because she grew up with his family but to meet all of these guys was just an amazing experience that she never dreamed of having.

To: Ricki

From: Matt Martin

Are you still alive?

To: Matt Martin

From: Ricki

Surprisingly, yes. :)0

To: Ricki

From: Matt Martin

Good I was about to go to Newark and beat someone up if you and Bobbi weren’t. *puts fists up*

To: Matt Martin

From: Ricki

No need to do that, everything is all set. Besides I am pretty sure they could take you.

To: Ricki

From: Matt Martin

Ouch, that hurt.

To: Matt Martin

From: Ricki

:):):):)

To: Ricki

From: Matt Martin

Just wait until I see you again. >:|

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

For the rest of the week the girls just hung out and relaxed with Ricki’s cousin and with the guys. They needed as much down time as they could get before the traveling became completely intense.

However their relaxation time did interfere with them from taking a little trip to Hershey’s Chocolate World in Hershey, PA with the Devils. After that trip however they went back into chocolate hangovers for the next few days until they had to say goodbye to their new friends on the 11th who were going on a five game road trip.

“Before you go can I get a quick interview?” Bobbi asked Palmieri at the airport as they waited for their private plane to fuel up.

“Sure.” Palmieri answered as Bobbi pulled out the flip.

“Hey everyone it’s Bobbi here with Nick Palmieri, now Nick I have an important question to ask you. What color would a chameleon in a room full of mirrors turn?” Bobbi asked seriously.

“Uh, I have no idea. I don’t know what a chameleon really looks like.” Palmieri answered thinking really hard.

“Well you keep thinking about that and when you figure out the answer text me. But until then stay great guys” she said turning off the flip right before Palmieri engulfed her in a big hug and bid his goodbyes before stepping on the plane.

“Goodbye, Parise.” Ricki said as the guys were getting ready to fly to Washington.

“Bye Ricki,” Parise said pulling her into a tight hug, “Stay safe in Philadelphia, that’s a scary place.” He said into her ear.

“Will do” She smiled as she tried to pull away from him so he could get on the plane but he pulled her back in and quickly kissed her forehead before leaving.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Is the car all packed up?” Jeff asked Ricki as she came into her cousin’s house.

“Yeah, I just put the last bag in.” she smiled.

“I can’t believe you two are already leaving.” Gosha said pulling the girls into a hug.

“I know it feels like we just got here yesterday.” Bobbi said pulling away and grabbing her purse from the kitchen table.

“Be careful on the rest of your trip.” Jeff said walking the girls out to their car. “And keep me updated.”

“We will thank you for letting us stay here.” Ricki said before giving her cousin a hug.

“Any time.” He said as the two friends climbed into their car. “Stay great” Jeff yelled as they turned on the engine and began to drive off to Philadelphia for their next adventure.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)