The Only Exception

Bringing In The New Year

Jordan smiled as she kissed Johnny for the first time as his wife. When they pulled away from one another their friends were all laughing as they moved forward to hug the happy couple. Jordan managed to find Jesicka and when the red head hugged her Jordan started crying. Jes laughed and just hugged her tighter.

“I’m so happy finally Jes.”

“I know Jordan. I know. God, look at us all! We’re all so fucking happy!”

“Yeah…” Jordan trailed off and found Johnny once again and wrapped her arms around him and whispered in his ear. He pulled back and looked down at her.

“You’re what?” He said staring in disbelief.

“I’m…”

“I heard you the first time…“ and he picked her up and spun her in a circle causing her to laugh. “I love you Jo.” He said and she smiled as she kissed him once more. Jes just stared at the two as she realized what had just happened. She shook her head in disbelief.

“Holy shit, Jordan why didn’t you tell me?” She exclaimed.

“I wanted to tell Johnny first, and I wanted to tell him today.” Jordan said her smile was completely evident and the others were catching on quick. Matt just shook his head and wrapped his arm around his wife as he pulled her to him.

“Congratulations guys.” Matt said and Johnny grinned.

“Holy hell, can you believe that means we’re all gonna be Dad’s by the time the year is up?” Jimmy asked.

“I know. It’s gonna be great. I can’t wait.” Matt said. Jes smiled at him and he grinned as she wrapped her arms around his neck. He looked down at her and rested a hand on her stomach. “I mean that. I really can’t wait until Laila is born.”

“I’m not so scared anymore Matt.” Jes said and he smiled easily at her.

“Me either, I m…” Suddenly Jes was cringing as a pain shot through her. Matt looked at his wife and suddenly panicked. “The baby…”

“Jes?” Summer asked.

“I…” She paled and Matt pulled her to him as Brian called an ambulance.

----

Matt was pacing the hallway and nothing anyone could say to him would get him to stop. They wouldn’t let him in the room with her. He was scared. Nothing his parents or hers said to him could calm him down. He even threatened to kill the next person that told him to calm down. He looked up when the doctor walked out of the room. He looked around and then spotted Matt. Matt who’s back was to the man didn’t see them carrying the baby from the room as well.

“Mr. Sanders?” The doctor asked. Matt turned and looked at him.

“Jesicka…”

“You can see you’re wife.” Matt didn’t need told twice and moved towards her room. The minute he was inside he was by her side and she was looking at him.

“Jes…”

“I’m…”

“Are you okay, oh god baby are you…?”

“I’m fine Matt, I’m going to be fine.”

“Promise me, you’ll be fine?”

“I promise.” She took his hand and looked at him. Before she could speak the doctors walked back in.

“How are you feeling Jesicka?”

“Some pain, other than that I’m fine…L…”

“You’re baby is fine, she’s just being kept for observation for a few hours, to make sure she stays stable, everything looks fine. She’s really healthy for a being two months early.”

“She’s okay? She’s gonna be…”

“Yes. Your little girl is going to be just fine.”

“Thank god.” Jes said and Matt pushed hair out of her face and tucked the loose strand behind her ear. He leaned forward and kissed her forehead.

“My girls are gonna be just fine.” He said looking in her eyes and she smiled at him. “Get some sleep baby.”

“I love you Matt.” Jes said quietly as she lay back and closed her eyes, moments later she was asleep. Matt sighed and moved from the bed as the doctor signaled to him from the door.

“I can take you up to see your daughter, but you’ll not be able to hold her just yet, and…”

“I just want to see her.” Matt said and followed the doctor out. He glanced at his parents and hers. “She’s asleep, let her sleep. I’ll be back.” He said and followed the doctor.

A few minutes later Matt found himself looking through a glass window at his little girl. He shook his head. She had a fill head of hair and it was a reddish brown color. He knew that would make his wife smile. He couldn’t see the color of her eyes, which were obviously open but she looked so beautiful. He couldn’t believe that that tiny baby was his little girl. He sighed and a moment later a nurse walked up to him.

“Mr. Sanders, we need to know what you and your wife wanted to name her. I know she’s early, and most don’t…”

“Laila Rose.” Matt said cutting her off. “Ever since we found out that she was going to be a girl. That’s what we wanted to name her.” He said smiling at the memory of them telling his parents.

“It’s a beautiful name.” the nurse said and walked away. She had seen the sadness, and love in his eyes as he looked at his daughter and sighed. She knew he was going to be one of the good dads. She saw too many to count that obviously had no feelings whatsoever to the child that they had helped give life to, and was glad that this one man could look on his child with all those emotions in his eyes and still let the love show for it.

----

Matt sighed as he stretched as he sat up straight in the chair that he was sitting in beside Jesicka’s bed. He opened his eyes and looked at his wife. She was sitting up watching him. He smiled at her and she moved carefully over in the bed because she was sore, and patted beside her. He moved to sit beside her just as his parents walked in the room.

“We brought you both some breakfast. Unfortunately it’s McDonalds, but it’s better than hospital food.”

“Thanks mom.”

“Your welcome. How do you feel Jes?”

“I’ve been better, but I feel better than I did…” she trailed off as a nurse brought the baby into the room. When Laila was placed in Jes’ arms she looked down at the little girl and smiled. Matt stared at the baby in his wife’s arms in awe. She was even smaller up close.

“She’s so little.” Matt said quietly. Jes looked up at him and even though she didn’t want to, passed him their daughter.

“She is.” was al she said and they both watched as she opened her eyes. She had the prettiest blue eyes either of them had ever seen. They looked at one another and smiled just as the others started to show up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story takes place starting New Years Day 2009

Lovez && Hugz && DeathBatKisses
Vengeance is my Syn

Post Song:
Kerosene - Miranda Lambert