The Only Exception

Leanne's Announcement

Leanne sighed as she sat down in the office and pulled the papers out. Aaron was in bed asleep and Brian was sitting across from her on the floor. She handed him the papers and he only raised an eyebrow at her. He looked down at them and then back up to her.

“Lea?” he asked quietly. She bit her lower lip and sighed. She wasn’t sure just how to tell him what she knew.

“I… I didn’t find out until my parents, well the people I thought were my parents died in a car accident. I’m still not sure how I feel about it. I don’t know what to do about it though.”

“I can already see it in your eyes, you know what you want to know.”

“What if I don’t like the answer?”

“Then you’ve got me to get you through it. Me and Aaron.” Brian told his wife and she moved to him and sat with him and he held her close as her tears slowly started to fall.

Twenty minutes later Leanne was sighing as she moved down to the living room. Aaron was with his grandparents and Lea wanted to go see Jesika in the hospital. It had been only a day since Laila Rose was born and plus she wanted to be with her friends. As she grabbed her keys and headed for the door Brian moved to her.

“Have fun. Tell Matt and Jes, I’ll be out to see them in a little bit. I want to go over to my parents for a little bit. Spend some time with them. I’ll bring Aaron out when I’m done there.”

“Okay. Brian, tell them all that I love them.”

“I will.” Brian said and watched his wife walk to her car. A moment later he raised an eyebrow at the music that was suddenly blasting from her speakers.

Singing along with I Believe I Can Fly Leanne backed out of the driveway and headed towards the hospital. She tried not to think and just concentrate on the music playing as she drove. But the problem was there was so much that she needed to think about. She knew that no matter what Brian was going to be there for her. Nothing was going to change that. When she pulled into the parking garage at the hospital she felt a little better and with the words to Pretty Suicide running through her head she made her way to where her friends were.

Walking into the room the first thing that she noticed was that everyone was there. She smiled. This was her family. The one that she had made for herself. She watched Jes’ head turn and the smile that was on it was radiant as she held her little girl in her arms.

“She’s beautiful Jes.” Leanne said.

“Do you want to hold her?” Matt asked.

“Can I?” Leanne asked and they laughed as Jes pouted playfully before handing Laila to her friend. Matt wrapped his arm around his wife and Jes sighed, content for the moment. She was still waiting for her family to show up that day. And she was going to dare the nurses to try and kick any of them out of the hospital.

“So, how are you feeling today Jes?” Leanne asked.

“A little tired, but oh god, my little girl is okay. She’s healthy, and beautiful, and oh god, she’s so small.” Jes gushed and they all laughed.

“I swear to god, now I can’t wait.” Summer said and Jimmy laughed.

“We know Summer.” He said holding his wife close as she rested a hand on her belly. She grinned a moment later as she moved one of his hands and placed it where the baby was kicking. Jimmy smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“So, that’s one down, three to go.” Zack said and Sam grinned as she rested a hand on her stomach. Summer laughed and Jordan grinned like an idiot.

“It’s gonna be a hell of a year.” Johnny said.

“Yeah, guys, can I tell you something?” Lea asked.

“What’s up?” Sam asked her.

“I found something out recently about my parents, and I wanted to know what you guys thought.”

“Well, we’ll let you know, so what’s up?” Matt asked.

“I was adopted, and my parents never told me.” They all just stared at her.

“We’re here! Now, where’s my niece?” Audrey said walking in. Leanne made some small sound and passed the baby to her.

“Hey, wow, why do you all look like you’ve just found out Santa’s not real?” Evan asked. Thankfully Colby was at Zack’s parents, and his own kids were at his parents until later.

“It’s nothing.” Leanne said.

“Leanne Haner that is not nothing! That’s…horrible, especially since they never told you.” Jes said.

“What’s horrible?” Brady asked walking in.

“Leanne was adopted and her parents never told her.” Matt said and Leanne sighed, resigning herself to the fact that she opened this can of worms, and that these people were her friends, and to her, her family.

“Oh, yeah that’s horrible.” Audrey said and cuddled Laila close.

“Can I have my baby back?” Jes asked.

“No, I haven’t held her and Jake and Brady are on their way up, although I think Brady was about ready to kill Jake. He brought Amy.”

“Oh god.” Matt and Jes groaned at the same time.

“Who’s Amy?” Jordan asked. Jes snorted.

“His knocked up girlfriend.” Everyone just stared at her.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Jordan asked, and it was obvious that she was trying not to laugh.

“No, and we laughed when we found out, so feel free to laugh.” Matt said.

“No, you don’t understand, this is Jake, he never does anything stupid. As long as I’ve know Jes, he’s always been the most reliable to be perfect. I mean, Brady and Evan, they fucked up every now and then, but oh my god, Jake was always doing everything right. He was Mr. Perfect. Oh this is so fucking funny.”

“Yeah but if I hadn’t have messed up that year at college, I would never have met Audrey.” Evan said and she grinned.

“Isn’t that the truth.” Audrey said agreeing with her husband. They all shook their heads and Sam sighed as she looked at Leanne. Despite the fact that they were all happy and enjoying themselves she looked a little distracted. And Sam knew that no matter what they would get Leanne through it. And if she wanted answers, they would help her get them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovez && Hugz && DeathBatKisses
xSweet.Afterlifex

Post Song:
Country Grammer - Nelly