The Only Exception

Liar Liar

Leanne sighed as she sat beside Brian at Urban Beach Grille in Huntington Beach. It was new and the gang was all there. From Matt, Jes, and Laila, even though she was still so little to Zack, Sam, and Colby. Leanne and Brian had even brought Aaron. Jordan hadn't cared where they went as long as she ate. Summer and Jimmy were there, but they had left Sascha with Summer and Matt's parents, because she was still too little to go out like this. James had decided to join them. Colby was sitting between Laila and her Samantha. Jes was on the other side of Laila.

“Are you okay Leanne?” Brian asked looking at his wife. She was holding Aaron in her lap. They were waiting on Brian's parents to show up and join them, before they ordered.

“I'll be fine Brian.” Leanne said quietly. She just wanted to forget everything. But she was having trouble doing so.

“Look, it's about time. Your parents are here Brian.” Jes said looking towards the doors. Brian looked at the table and thought for a moment.

“McKenna's gonna wanna sit by Aaron...Jordan, can you and Johnny move over one?”

“Sure Bri.” Jordan said and she and Johnny slipped down one and they all resituated a little bit, and sure enough McKenna plopped herself in a chair beside her nephew. Suzy and Papa Gates both laughed as they sat further down away from their daughter.

They were all laughing and when Leanne went silent they all looked at her. She was studying somone across the room. She watched as he slowly turned and a moment later she clutched Brian's hand tightly. He followed her gaze and his eyes widened. They were looking at a completely male version of Leanne. And not one that was old enough to be a sibling, one that was old enough to be her father.

“What's wrong guys?” Jes asked glancing down at them. Lea could only point at the man that had just walked behind the bar and was speaking with the bartender. The others just tilted their heads.

“Who is that?” Jordan asked.

“I'd sure like to find out.” Zack said, glancing down the table at Leanne. She looked panicked. Brian wrapped his arm around Leanne as she sat there staring at the man. A moment later the door opened and Johnny shoved James back down into his chair, just as Matt pulled Jes back down into her chair. Leanne's eyes narrowed at the woman with Juliette. They all watched as both women walked to the bar and the man crossed his arms over his chest and narrowed his eyes at Madeline. It was obvious by the heated discussion that was now taking place who the man was. Brian and the others looked at Leanne.

“That stupid fucking bitch.” she growled low in her throat. Brian's eyes widened when he saw the look on his wife's face. She stood slowly and none of them said a word as she walked across the restraunt towards the bar. Aaron watched his mother curiously. Leanne ran a hand through her hair and when she got to her mother, sister, and the man that was obviously her father she only said one word that had them all turning to look at her.

“Mother.” the word came from somewhere in her throat just like the growl at the table had. Madeline saw her and stepped back. Apparently still worried at what Leanne would do to her.

Mother?” The man asked shocked. He turned to Madeline. “Twins? You had twins? Did you plan on fucking telling me that I had another daughter?”

“Don't worry she told me you were dead.” Leanne said. He looked at the only one of the two that were his daughters that looked like him.

“Dead? Alive and well.” He growled.

“What else have you lied about?” He asked at the same time Leanne did. Madeline looked at them both her eyes wide. Leanne turned to him.

“I'm Leanne Heather Haner, I didn't know until a few months back that I was adopted.”

“Phil Jacobson, I found out I was a father about two years ago.”

“Funny, she told me you died two years ago. Although you don't look eleven years older than her.”

“Two years older.” He said. His eyes hard as he looked at Madeline. Leanne shook her head.

“So tell me, mother, are your parents really dead? And did they make you give up one of your daughters or was that a lie too?” Leanne crossed her arms over her chest and with one look as she glanced across the room, her husband sat back down, but continued to watch the confrontation.

“Grandma and Grandpa aren't dead...” Juliette said staring at her mother. Leanne shook her head.

“God, it goes to show, maybe I should of never tried looking for you. Because apparently, my mother is a pathelogical liar. You'll never know my family. My son, and I thought Jesika and I made it very clear to the both of you. Get out, and stay the fuck out of Huntington Beach.” When they just stood there staring at Leanne she rolled her eyes. She glanced over at her true friends and family.

“Who's...” But she cut Phil off when she yelled across the room.

“Jesika Sanders get your ass over here.” Jesika shook her head and stood and when she did Juliette watched as the redhead made her way over. She stumbled back when Jes draped an arm across Leanne's shoulders.

“You called Lea?”

“Didn't we tell this trash to stay the fuck out of Huntington Beach?”

“I could've sworn we did.” Jes said tilting her head to the side. Jes and Leanne laughed as the two women turned and tripped over one another as they left.

“Stupid fucking bitch. I don't think I've ever hated anyone that much in my life. And that's saying something because I hated the woman I grew up calling mother.” Leanne muttered.

“Yeah, so, I'm going to take it you're related to Lea here some how. It's kind of hard to not notice, seeing as you look like her.”

“Apparently, he's my father. Bitch lied about him being dead. But she obviously knew that he wasn't.”

“She's been trying to get money out of me for years. Told me she's been living on her own since she had Juliette. Said her parents kicked her out. Found out that part was true.”

“God, no offense, she's probably as much a whore as Juliette. Sorry, bitch hit on my husband.” Jes muttered. Phil laughed.

“None taken. She didn't used to be this way. At least one of my daughters seems to be normal.” Leanne smiled.

“Thanks. At least one of my parents seems to be nice.”

“Trust me, you'd have been raised by me and my parents, if I knew you existed.” And that made Lea smile even more.

“Do you want to meet your grandson?” Leanne asked and without hesitation drug him over to the table with Jes shaking her head behind them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovez && Hugz && DeathBatKisses
xSweet.Afterlifex


Post Song:
The Bride - Trick Pony
On Pandora