The Only Exception

All About Leanne

“What’s wrong?” Summer asked as Matt and Jesika walked back in the room.

“That was Leanne. We’ve got to go.”

“So soon?” Caroline asked looking at the four of them.

“It’s important Mom.” Jes said. “We’ll call as soon as everything’s settled.”

“Sorry, congratulations though Audrey.” Matt said as he helped collect Laila, to the obvious annoyance of their parents.

“We’ll see everyone later. We love all of you.” Summer said grinning, and couldn’t help herself and gave Audrey a hug. The other woman grinned and soon the Sanders and Sullivan’s were out the door.

----

Leanne was sitting on the floor in the living room floor playing with her son when Jes, Summer, Matt, and Jimmy all walked in. When Matt sat Laila’s carrier down they all turned to her. Leanne looked up at Jes and Brian walked in, phone to his ear, and watched as his wife stood and Summer pulled her to her.

“Zack and Sam are on their way. Colby’s excited, she can’t wait to share what her sibling is going to be with everyone. Johnny and Jordan, should also be here in about ten minutes. Anyone else you want me to call Lea?” Brian asked looking at his wife.

“No. Well, maybe. Your parents.”

“I will, you want them here?”

“No, just let them know. After.”

“Alright. It’s going to be alright love.”

“I know. I’m so nervous though.” Leanne said.

“What’s there… And that would be Johnny and the others.” Summer said hearing Johnny laughing at Colby as she darted in the front door in front of her parents and Jordan.

“Well, once we’re all settled.” Brian said as his son reached for him. He bent down and picked him up and sat on the couch with his wife. As everyone sat down Colby bounded around the room.

“Who fed the kid sugar?” Jes asked as she watched Matt cuddle Laila in his arms.

“I think she’s just excited about…”

“I’m gonna have a little brother!” Colby exclaimed interrupting her mother.

“Ahh, okay. So, Lea, what’s the news? What’s going on? You called us all here for a reason.”

“Well, Summer.” Lea blew out a breath. “I know who my parents are.”

“What? Really?” Sam asked excitedly.

“Yeah, I just… I’m kind of scared. I don’t know what to do now that I have names. But I want to know. I need to know.”

“Yeah. We’re here for you Leanne. You know that. So, what are their names?” Jordan asked.

“Madeline Gentry and Phil Jacobson.”

“They weren’t married?” Sam asked.

“No, I’m not entirely sure my dad even knew about me. But Brian and I did some research after we got names. My mom’s parents, they died about seven years ago. And my Mom, she’s been looking for me for years!”

“Lea, that’s good news!” Jes said.

“I know. But I’m scared. I’ve called, got her machine, left a message, but I’m just nervous I guess. I mean after finding out I was adopted, and now, to find obviously that my mom is, or was looking for me too, whatever. It kinda unnerves me.”

“Sweetie, you have every right to be nervous. The woman for reason’s you’re obviously going to find out, gave you up for adoption. You’ve got the right to be more than nervous. Personally I’d be pissed.” Sam said. “Beside’s I can’t imagine giving up a child like that. No matter what the reason was.”

----

Leanne sighed as she pulled into the parking lot of Eve‘s Bar and Grill. She turned her head and looked towards the building, and then down at her clothes. She didn’t care what her mother thought of her clothes. Did she? She shook her head and stepped out of the SUV she had brought. She looked down at her clothes once more and decided, that they said, I’m a mommy and I don’t care what you say about my outfit. She hit the button to lock the vehicle and started the doors. She walked in and the blonde hostess looked at her and almost commented about her outfit. This place really didn’t like when people wore jeans in, which she didn’t get.

“Leanne Haner, my husband Brian called and made the reservations. I’m waiting on someone. Her names Madeline Gentry.”

“I’ll show you to your table Mrs. Haner.” Leanne rolled her eyes. It probably helped that everyone in Huntington Beach knew the name Haner. And that when you said your husband was Brian you got left alone. Once she was seated Leanne sighed. She needed a drink, but now was not the time. “Would you like something to drink while you wait?”

“Pepsi, light ice.” Lea said and sighed. She leaned her elbows on the table, and put her chin in her hands. She tried to look everywhere but at the door. She ran a hand through her long brown hair, which was normally up while she spent her days chasing Aaron around the house. Not that she minded. She loved her son, as much as she loved her husband. Brian was home alone with him at the moment, or he had taken him to the studio, she wasn’t quite sure at the moment. But Aaron was with his father.

“Mrs. Haner, your guest has arrived.” the blonde said as she motioned for a brunette to sit across the table from Leanne. “And your drink.”

“Thanks, and it’s Leanne.” She muttered as she watched the blonde walk away after taking her mothers drink order. She watched as her mother, who had waited for the woman to walk away removed the light weight jacket she wore, and lay it carefully over the back of her chair before sitting and tucking her purse under the chair she was sitting in. The black dress and heels that she wore, screamed money. Lea noticed the heels and shook her head. Louboutin. It only figured.

“You’ve grown into a beautiful woman.” Madeline said quietly.

“Thanks?” Lea said questionably.

“I’m glad they left your name Leanne. It was what your father and I named you.” Leanne said nothing as Madeline’s iced tea was placed in front of her. She looked quickly over the menu and ordered the spicy grilled chicken salad that she loved, and got the first time she and Brian had come here. Her mother ordered the taco salad. Once the waitress walked away, Leanne looked across the table.

“Why didn’t you keep me?” She asked looking directly into her own eyes, only they weren’t hers they were her mothers.

“I wanted to. Your father wanted to. Phil… he and I weren’t from the same…” She bit her lip, before continuing. “We weren’t in the same class, as my parents would see it. I was only eighteen when you were born. He was 29. I loved him very much, but when I found out only two months after turning eighteen that I was pregnant, my parents, they didn’t understand.”

“So you gave me up?” Leanne asked looking at the woman who had given birth to her.

“It wasn’t my choice. If I didn’t they, as in my parents, threatened to do everything that they could to see your father put in prison.”

“But you were eighteen when you got pregnant!”

“But I wasn’t eighteen when I started sleeping with him. They figured that out quickly. I did everything that I could to get them to let me keep you, but they were firm on there standing. My parents were not ones that you crossed.”

“But you’ve been looking for me.”

“And if they were alive, I wouldn’t have. My parents, were very strict, if it wasn’t the way that they wanted it, then it was no good. You didn’t cross them. I tried once when you would’ve been about three to find you, but they found out and cut off the funds that I needed to find you. When my parents died seven years ago I started looking for you again. But for all I know you could’ve been married, or died, or something like that.”

“I didn’t know I was adopted until a few months ago.”

“You weren’t told?” Madeline asked shocked.

“No, and I had a shitty child hood.” Lea said as their food was served. She looked down at it and sighed. She only took a bite because she needed something to do.

“I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, so am I.”

“So, are you happy now? With your life? Because if you…”

“I am happy with my life. But I needed to know why. What about my dad…?”

“He died two years ago. I only know this because when I started looking for you again, I looked for him. He was killed in a car accident.”

“Oh…”

“So…” Madeline looked nervous.

“I’m married now. I have a son.”
♠ ♠ ♠


Lovez && Hugz && DeathBatKisses
xSweet.Afterlifex

Post Song:
August Moon - The 69 Eyes
On Pandora