Status: Active

Can't Hold Back

Double date

The entire car ride consisted of Dana bitching at Rayce about how he didn't give her enough time to get ready. He kept telling her she looked fine, but she didn't want to listen.

He looked at me through the rear view mirror with the 'I love you, help me look'. I smiled slightly at him and stuck my headphones in and turned my music all the way up so I couldn't hear her and looked back to the rear view mirror. He was still looking at me now with the look of 'thanks a lot.'

We pulled into some all you can eat buffet and seated ourselves. Dana and Owen sat across from each other as did Rayce and I. Dana and Owen went to get their food as Rayce and I sat there and continued to talk about nothing.

"You going to eat?" he asked me after they got up.

"Probably not, I'm not hungry."

"Babe eat, you haven't eaten all day."

"Fine. Just because I know that will make you feel better." I got up from the table as Owen and Dana sat back down.

I grabbed some shrimp and some mashed potatoes. I loved sea food, but i wasn't really that hungry.

When I got back to the table Rayce got up to go get his food.

"So babe, how do you feel about going to see a horror film?" Owen asked not knowing how I felt about horror.

"She doesn't like horror." Dana answered for me.

"Awe, why not?"

"I just don't I don't know."

"She's scared." Dana said as Rayce returned to the table.

"Scared of what?" He asked sitting down.

"Becks afraid of horror movies." Dana looked at him and giggled.

"Oh." he replied. He already knew that, what didn't he know about me?

For some reason, Dana and Owen tend to get along better than me and Owen or Rayce and Dana. So they sat there and shared stories as Rayce and I sat there flirting with each other. They were to intertwined in their stupid conversation to pay any attention to what we were saying.

The waitress brought over our check and both Rayce and I pulled out our wallets. I knew Dana wouldn't help pay, she expected him to do everything.

"What are you doing?" Rayce asked me.

"Paying me and Owens half."

"No I'll take care of it." He said already putting down his card.

"Then I'll cover the tip." I said pulling out a twenty.

The waitress came to grab the check and card.

"Pull the tip off the card too." Rayce said smiling at me.

"Your a pain in my ass you know that." I said smiling. When we were around Dana and Owen we put on a brother and sister act just so it seemed normal.

"I try, and you love me." he laughed

We left the diner and headed towards the movie theater.

"One ticket for Saw 10 o'clock" Owen said when he got to the counter.

Rayce was next in line to get he and Dana's ticket.

"Three for your 10 o'clock showing of Saw ," He said

"Rayce, I said I would pay for mine."

"Ohh I forgot." he said. I knew he was lying to me he just wanted to be the kind of guy he should be for me.

"Hey, are you staying tonight?" Dana asked not directed at anyone.

"I told you I was." Rayce replied.

"Not you, Becks." She said arrogantly

"Would you like me too?"

"Sure, I'd like to have someone around to talk to and hang with."

"Rayce will be there." I said pointing out the obvious.

"Ehh he's not that amusing." She said slightly toying with him.

"Oh, I see how it is see if I sleep up stairs with you tonight." He replied

"Oh you know I was kidding shut up."

"I wasn't." He smiled and mumbled at me.

We went into the theater to find seats.

"Baby, I want popcorn." Dana said to Rayce.

"Fine," He said as always. He was incapable of telling her no.

"I'll go with him I'll grab drinks or something." I said still trying to make it so he didn't have to pay for everything.

We went and stood in line at the concession stands.

"I hate having to pay for everything do I look like a fucking A.T.M." He was starting to get aggravated with her.

"Calm down Ray, I offered to help numerous times."

"That's not the point, she expects everyone else to do for her,"

I stared into his eyes.

"Rayce, try to have a good night," I said pleading.

"Would be better if I didn't have to wish I was sitting with you instead." he said flirting a little.

"You know, Dana and Owen get along pretty well." He added.

"Yea?" I asked not getting what he was hinting at.

"Can we just switch?"

I giggled.

"I'm ok with that." I said as we took our seats for the movie.

He smiled at me one last time before the lights went dim and I had to pretend to be happy holding Owens hand.