Status: More updates with Comments!

You Play My Heart Like Your Guitar

Chapter Three

Mina awkwardly fiddled with her hands as she watched Rian, Cass and Rian’s band mates laugh at some jokes they thought was funny, but was not. She sighed and took a quick glance at the clock willing it to go faster so that she could apologise and leave. She leaned back on the couch and all but slumped in a very bored posture, Rian looked at her and she forced a smiled but it came out as a grimace that made her cringe inwardly.
“So Mina…How was new York?” Rian smiled throwing his arm around her shoulders.
“It was…okay I suppose” She shrugged and Rian lifted a questioning brow, Rian knew her… the real her, the person she had once been happy, carefree, talkative…seems like such an impossibility now.

“So Rian you never told us you had such a hot sister ” Jack said grinning at her, Mina immediately felt uncomfortable and shifted under Rian’s arm.
“Jack I think we’ve spoken about this, she’s off limit” Rian narrowed his eyes when Jack pouted, Mina looked to Jack’s left and her blue eyes caught the curious hazel ones…Zack.
“So…are you from here, you know Baltimore?” Alex asked and Mina nodded in reply, she felt the familiar twist in her stomach as she realised she was speaking to…musicians.
“What school did you go to?” Alex asked again and she frowned, couldn’t they leave her alone?
“Towson high school” She mumbled and she saw Zack’s shock.
“How did you know Rian considering Jack, Rian and I are all from Dulaney high school…?” Alex yet again asked and Mina sighed,
“I knew Cassadee before I knew Rian”

“Did you know Zack? He’s from Towson” Jack said and Mina took a quick glance at Zack,
“No I…was in the independent learner program, so I didn’t mingle with the people” She grumbled under her breath and an uncomfortable silence settled in.
“What were you too unsociable or too good to mingle with us unworthy Towson students?” Zack said his voice had a bite to it and Mina’s eyes darted to his face and she felt her eyes narrow at him.
“I just didn’t want to be associated with anyone.” She answered back, her whole body was tense and Zack looked at her and rolled his eyes at her, needless to say she was fuming inwardly.
“Whatever” he said under his breath and Mina flushed the nerve of this guy!

“Anyways!” Cass said quickly feeling the tension rise between Zack and Mina.
“How’s your family Zack?” She said and Zack looked at her and groaned,
“Same as always…telling me that a ‘Merrick’ shouldn’t waste time being in music that I should have gone to med school or go into law” Zack scoffed and they all chuckled,
“Your mom can be overbearing sometimes” Alex nodded and Mina felt a pang in her heart, at least he had a mother to be overbearing…what did she have? A biological mother who gave her up without second thought…and a deceased adoptive mother, who had loved her but she was rudely taken away by musicians. Her hatred made her gaze at the people in front of her and she inwardly wanted to run from them.

“Tell me about it, sometimes I just wish she’d get off my case or just you know leave or something” Zack muttered and Mina felt something explode in her.
“Ingrate” She said a little too loudly and all attention snapped to her in shock but Zack in anger.
“What…?” Zack asked darkly and Mina looked at him with a bored expression,
“You heard, oh boohoo your life is so miserable because your parents’ care about you big whoop!” She said not even shyly which made Rian and Cassadee’s mouth drop open; this was the first time in a long time she had spoken so boldly.
“How dare you?!” Zack said standing up, Mina jumped to her feet she did not realise just how short she was in comparison to him while she glared at him.
“No how dare you?! At least you have a family! And you’re just complaining about it, ugh musicians you’re all ingrates!” She yelled,
“Excuse me!?”
“Seriously I thought you’d hear maybe you should get your hearing tested!”
“What the hell-” Zack said taking a step towards her but she stood her ground, Rian bolted up.
“Mina… Zack cool it guys!” Rian attempted to say,
“No seriously the gall you have, you don’t even know me! What did your parents ditch you or something that you think you have the right to judge me?! What’s your problem?!” Zack yelled and Mina flinched did your parents ditch you? That line repeated in her head.

“You’re spot on mate congrats” She clapped her hands then before she could let tears drop, she grabbed her bags and bottled out of that place.
“I knew this was a horrible idea!” She growled and earned some weird looks from some people.
“Mina! Wait, please!” Mina heard Cass yell but she was steadily walking in a fast pace.
“Mina sheesh!” Cass caught up and gasped for air,
“I knew this was a bad idea Cass, I told you this would happen!” Mina threw a look towards Cassadee that made her sigh; Cass pulled Mina into a hug.
“I’m sorry…”
“Yea so am I…just I’m not going to do this again, here give this to Rian it’s the photos” Mina said and placed the memory card in Cassadee’s palm.
“Bye Cass…” Mina said and signalled a taxi after telling the man the address all she could think was Zack or should she say moron, doufus, spawn of the devil, ingrate just ugh!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey folks so the first fight out of many... um silent reading is highly discouraged, your silence is making me wonder if i should give up on this...so comments are welcomed!

Thank you to my 15 Subscribers! you're amazing!

and to indibear FOR COMMENTING!

<3 Marie!