Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Image

After composing ourselves and taking in the reality that we were gonna have a...baby, Caleb was pacing back and forth in the room just expressing his excitement.

"Oh, this is gonna be great! They can be raised here on the ranch, and I'll drive 'em to school everyday, and teach 'em to play guitar and other stuff. Audrey, this is great!" He grinned.

"Shh, Caleb. Can we keep this a secret...for at least a while. Me being pregnant before getting married just gives my family another excuse to bash this marriage. And if Victoria's Secret find out, they won't let me do the show. And if Ari finds out, he'll pull me out of Factory Girl." I stood up and placed my hands on his shoulder.

Caleb smiled and kissed me, "Of course. Audrey, I'm just so excited."

"I think it still needs to set in for me." I smiled.

"Well c'mon, I wanna show you your wedding gift." He took me by the hand and we left the room.

"Oh crap, I forgot about Jack." I laughed as we made our way down the stairs. "Jack darling, I'm sorry I left you." I let go of Caleb's hand and went to Jack, linking my arm with his.

"Everyone, I'd like you all to meet my newest muse and great and dear friend, Jack Huston."

They all said hi and Caleb's parents greeted him in a friendly way just as the others, giving him a hug and welcoming him.

"I was just gonna go show Audrey her wedding gift." Caleb smiled, leaning against the newel post.

"Oh well we gotta go too, we helped you with it." Jared smiled, coming in from the kitchen. He came over and hugged me, finally we were on better terms, although we still liked to bug each other.

"Jared, my boy! A little birdie told me you've been sweet on someone and that you maybe even popped the question." I grinned, whispering in his ear as we hugged.

He laughed, "It's true."

I screamed and hugged him even more, "Congratulations Jared! So when am I gonna meet this special girl?"

"Well first off, her name is Martha. She's an aspiring model, and I was wondering if I was allowed to bring her as my date to the wedding?"

"Of course you can!" I laughed.

"Great. Now c'mon, Caleb looks impatient, we best be getting over to see your gift." He smiled.

I smiled and took Caleb's hand, "I'm ready."

He smiled back and led me out, with everyone else following to the quads, he then handed me the small box that was neatly wrapped.

"Open this."

I smiled and quickly unwrapped it, lifting the lid to reveal two keys on a keyring. "Keys...to?"

"That's part one. We need to take the quads out so you can see where the keys belong, so I'll drive but you have to close your eyes and hold on tight." Caleb instructed, climbing onto one of the parked quads.

I hesitated and bit my lip, "Alright..." I climbed on and closed my eyes.

"Are your eyes closed?"

"Yup."

The sound of the engine started up and a sudden jerk signalled that we had started driving, the hum of the engine and the laughter and chatter of the others was what I could hear. Caleb picked up speed and my arms around his waist tightened. Soon the quad slowed down and came to a stop.

"Alright, keep your eyes closed, I'll help you off the quad." He spoke. After he jumped off, he took my hand and carefully helped me down and walked me somewhere.

I could hear the other quads parking and the engines quitting, their footsteps approached and I could hear their laughter and excitement.

"Okay, open your eyes." He whispered.

Opening my eyes, I was beaming from joy. It was the house, our house. It was finished and looked beautiful, it was huge and white, with a huge porch and blue shutters and a big red door, just like I had asked for.

"It's our home!" I screamed, hugging him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He started laughing, "Wait till you see the inside!"

"Let's go!" I laughed, pulling him along. We ran up to the door and he let me have the honour of unlocking the door to our new home.

The foyer was gigantic, with a large chandelier hanging and a staircase leading upstairs. Caleb took us for a tour around the first level first, showing the cozy living rooms and a library that he requested just for me. In the basement there was even a recording studio!

"Now, you gotta come and see this, I had this one custom made for you." He grinned, leading me into the kitchen.

I covered my mouth and started laughing, "Caleb this is amazing!" The kitchen was bright pink and completely retro.

"This is your kitchen." He smiled.

"This is so sweet Caleb, but you know I can't cook." I half-smiled.

"I'll teach you." He smiled, wrapping his arms around me and giving me a kiss. "Now let's go upstairs."

I held his hand as we went upstairs, he began showing me the bedrooms. "This one is our bedroom." He opened the door for me to see the inside; it was gorgeous, a king sized bed with a down comforter, pillows galore, a large vanity and of course, a walk-in closet big enough for my collection of clothes.

We walked throughout the house, seeing the rooms, and soon Betty-Ann walked over to the last room, across the hall from ours. "And this here is probably my favourite room, come see." She opened the door and I walked in to see a baby room. The walls were sky blue with hand painted clouds, and a crib was against the wall filled with stuffed toys and baby clothes. Across the room was a changing table, and pictures on the wall of Caleb when he was a little boy. There was even a closet and a dresser filled with more baby clothes.

"This is...wow." I laughed.

"I painted the walls myself." Betty smiled.

"This is so nice, thank you." I smiled back, hugging her.

"This is just for you and Caleb, hopefully soon there'll be three living in this house." She smiled.

I just laughed and held onto Caleb's arm.

"Now I have one last place to show you, so let's go downstairs and outside." He smiled.

We went outside and I saw a pool, which excited me even more, but he led me past it to a cute little guest house looking building. It too was white with blue shutters and a red door.

"So incase you noticed that it was only one of those keys that unlocked the house, the second key belongs here. I present to you, your own art studio and haven." He smiled, extending his arm showing off the house.

I grinned and took the keys out of my pocket, I jumped up to the door and fitted the key in, turning the doorknob and entering in.

I screamed again. "Caleb this is insane!" Everyone started laughing.

"I had to get the girls to help me out when it came to decorating, I hope you like it." He smiled.

"I love it!" I grinned, looking around the room. He had canvas in there and new paint and brushes for me, the walls had a Parisian wallpaper of pink and white on them, and a gold Versailles trimming on the baseboards. Plush sofas, a t.v and dvd with all my favourite movies.

"Caleb everything is so perfect! Thank you you so much, I love the house, my studio, the kitchen, the pool, everything! I love you so much." I hugged him and kissed his lips softly.

"I'm glad you like it." He smiled, wrapping his arms around me.

"It's the perfect place to raise a family." I whispered in his ear.

He was grinning as he kissed me over and over again.

"Save it for the wedding night!" Someone laughed, I looked over Caleb's shoulder and saw Dan and Patrick coming in.

"Guys!" I laughed, "Where were you? You missed the tour of our home!" I went to give them each a hug.

"We went into town to get some booze and when we came back no one was at the house." Dan laughed, hugging me back.

"Woops, forgot to tell 'em." Caleb laughed.

"Yeah right." Patrick shook his head, chuckling.

"So guess what?" Dan wrapped his arm around me shoulders as we all walked outside.

"What?"

"I am officially officiated." He chuckled.

I looked at him with a surprised expression, "For real? You mean you're actually gonna marry us?"

"Yeah I am! I applied for it online, and just picked up my official license when we were in town."

I laughed and gave him another hug, "Man, this is gonna be one crazy awesome wedding!"

"You know it." He chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe :)

And here's some picture so you can have an idea of what the house looks like: Audrey and Caleb's Home