Status: Comment Please :)

The Way We Were

Coffee Run

Image

We spent that day nursing our hangovers and just hanging out outside. Caleb and I invited everyone back to New York with us tomorrow morning to celebrate Halloween at the club, mostly everyone except the older folks and those who had children accepted our invitation.

The next day we had three Versace Jets waiting for us as we all packed up and got ready to leave. I kissed my mom and new in-laws goodbye before we left back to New York.

We set up those who didn't live in New York in swanky hotels. I had to help Nik and Daniel prepare and make sure everything for tonight would work out, so they came over as Caleb was checking his emails.

"Tonight is gonna be ah-may-zing." Daniel grinned.

"I know! I'm so excited." I smiled, looking over the check-list.

"I could really go for a coffee right about now." Nik said, still looking tired.

"Oh, we ran out of coffee. There's a shop down on the corner, here I'll go get some coffees." I stood up.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive, Caleb let's go get some coffee." I called, he was upstairs in my office.

"'Kay." He closed his laptop and came downstairs, stretching and yawning. We walked to the door, putting on our shoes. I took my scarf down from the coat hanger and wrapped it around myself. It was getting a little more cooler outside. Caleb and I held hands as we left. When we got outside, paparazzi were waiting for us. An uproar of questions and callings of our names began, flashes of the cameras went off.

Caleb started laughing, "Good news travels fast." I smiled and wrapped my arm around him as we walked down the block with them still following us. When we got to the coffee shop, I politely asked them to wait outside, not wanting to anger the owners of the shop since I was already on their good side.

I was ogling the desserts behind the glass as we waited in line. "Is the baby craving for something sweet?" He whispered in my ear, his arm still around me, lightly placing his hand on my stomach without it being obvious.

"Yeah, he'd like a gingersnap cookie." I chuckled. We were called up and gave them our order, and Caleb that sweetie paid for it and ordered me a cookie. I kissed his cheek as we waited. The younger girl who brought us our order nervously smiled.

"Here's your order, and uh, I saw it on Twitter. Congratulations you two."

I smiled back, "Thank you, that means a lot." She smiled again and quickly turned to leave.

We lightly laughed and prepared the coffees with cream and sugar, putting the lids on. Looking out the window, the paparazzi were still waiting, snapping a few pictures of us. Caleb and I walked out the door and he chuckled, "I'm ready for my close up."

I laughed. He held the coffees in their tray as we walked back home, his arm remaining wrapped around me. I began eating my cookie and broke off a piece and fed it to him.

"I like married life. It's not really that different from what we had before, but it just feels more...official." I smiled at him.

"I like this too. Mrs. Followill." He kissed me before we went in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a Comment and Subscribe :)