Status: Slow Updates

On the Head of a Pin

Danielle Baker is what you would call average. Average grades, average social life, average friends, average classes, average, well... everything. That is unless you look at her absolute fascination with the supernatural. She loved learning about Angels and Demons and Vampires and Aliens and magic. It all just fascinated her to no end. Which doesn't make it hard to believe that she fell in love with shows like Supernatural, Doctor Who, or Merlin. They had all the adventure and supernatural she could ask for.
Her parents didn't really approve of her looking into it, both of them coming from God-fearing homes. But that never stopped her. She kept researching and learning, not caring if it could get her a career in television, teaching, or as a celebrity nutcase. It lead her to become a solitary Neo-Pagan, finding Circles overbearing and filled with power crazy loons. And though she loved magic and all it could do, she preferred to admire it from afar. It came with too many strings and conditions to risk losing everything she worked for to attempt.
Her friends, who were a little too nerdy for their own good, thought it was funny that she had such wacky beliefs. They knew she was never one to stick to your standard ideas or customs. She always had something different and crazy working around in her head. It was the main reason they were friends with her, along with her naturally fun aura.
Along with her belief in magic and all things supernatural, Danielle believed in multiple universes, some with completely different histories, but others with the same fixed points but minor details changing and shifting in contrast to other universes. She knew, of course, that the multi-verse theory was flawed and highly unlikely, but it just stuck with Danielle and no one could convince her with complex physics equations or the simplistic God card.
It seemed, though, Danielle's average life wasn't all that was waiting for her in the world, or should she say, it wasn't waiting for her in her universe. Which, on a side note, made Danielle want to point and laugh in a few select people's faces.